PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Host "Uncomfortable Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'"

Dusty
05-27-2012, 16:40
Typical mainstream media douchebaggery.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2012/05/27/chris-hayes-im-uncomfortable-calling-fallen-military-heroes#ixzz1w6mBDLvo

Effete: affected, overrefined, and ineffectual; see "Chris Hayes." OK, I appended the name of the MSNBC host to the dictionary definition. But if ever you wanted to see the human embodiment of the adjective in action, have a look at the video from his MSNBC show this morning of the too-refined-by-half Hayes explaining why he is "uncomfortable" in calling America's fallen military members "heroes."

Hayes is worried that doing so is "rhetorically proximate" to justifications for more war. Oh, the rhetorical proximity! View the video after the jump.

In fairness, Hayes and the other panel members distinguished between their respect for the valor of the individual military members who had given their lives with the worthiness of the various causes in which they fought. Even so, what does it say about the liberal chattering class, which Hayes epitomizes, that it chokes on calling America's fallen what they rightly and surely are: heroes? Watch the hesitant Hayes in what almost seems a parody of the conflicted intellectual.

CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that

Snip

Click link for vid.

SF_BHT
05-27-2012, 16:50
What a douche bag....

He would think different if those Fallen Military members were needed to protect him at home or at his work.......

MSM POS

Gypsy
05-27-2012, 17:17
What a tool.

But maybe I'm wrong about that

Ya think?

aegisnavy
05-27-2012, 17:18
Good Lord, what an idiot.

I'm sure I could figure out who his heroes are.

Sohei
05-27-2012, 17:56
...CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that...

Pure "psycho-babble" and a great example of a situation whereby one should keep their mouth closed if they don't have anything worth saying.

Requiem
05-27-2012, 18:09
I don't know what his definition of a hero is, but my dictionary says it's a man or woman of courage. Putting on a uniform and going to war is an act of courage. Dying for the same reason is definitely hero material.

Susan

airbornediver
05-28-2012, 08:25
what a tool.

PSM
05-28-2012, 08:58
Here's a very good observation of the slimeball:

Kurt Schlichter at Breitbart blasted Hayes for his comment, writing, “memo to Chris: they are heroes, and you don’t get a vote.”

“So, like so many other useless progressive fops who glide from cocktail party to panel discussion, Chris Hayes continues to push his progressive vision of collectivist serfdom from behind the unbreachable wall of American warriors,” Schlichter wrote. “He has not stood with them and, in fact, is unworthy of doing so. He is a parasite taking sustenance from the exertions of better men and women.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76799.html#ixzz1wAz5SPop

Pat

greenberetTFS
05-28-2012, 08:59
What an asshole..........:rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

busa
05-28-2012, 10:08
What an asshole..........:rolleyes:

Sorry to disagree Big Teddy, but here it goes…
An asshole is a functional part of the human anatomy, this subject is merely a hemorrhoid on the asshole of life, he produces nothing and is a pain in the ass to all he infests.

Surgicalcric
05-28-2012, 10:22
Is it wrong for me to want to crush his larynx with my boot?

greenberetTFS
05-28-2012, 10:27
I prefer BMT's occasional response .......;) "Punch him in the neck"...........:D

Destrier
05-28-2012, 10:27
Reminds me of the suit named Burke in the Alien's movie.

Sdiver
05-28-2012, 10:43
I don't wish to see anyone dead, but one of these days, this asshat's obituary will be one that I will read with great pleasure.

*Although, I do like Crip's boot to the larynx comment. Seems fitting.

Sarski
05-28-2012, 11:14
Is it wrong for me to want to crush his larynx with my boot?

Steel toe/heel preferably. Though a pair of flip flops might take longer and cause more pain.

sterinn
05-28-2012, 11:22
damn disgusting :mad:

Guymullins
05-28-2012, 12:00
I am sure you Americans have read this more times than you care to, but for me , it is one of the most down-to-earth and valid speeches any politician has ever made.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt, "Man in the Arena" Speech given April 23, 1910
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

Utah Bob
05-28-2012, 14:44
I bet he'd be more "uncomfortable" if he was up to his ass in Taliban.

Scamilton
05-28-2012, 21:46
And it is because of those fallen heroes that this douche bag, sitting on his high horse, is able to express such profound and articulated thoughts that seem to just fall out of his face.

Hope he chokes on a bag of d*cks tonight.

Box
05-28-2012, 23:53
I have given the issue deep consideration...

I will refrain from refering to the gentleman as a shit bag, because he does have a constitutional right to free speech. I also think that it would be "rhetorically proximate" to justifications for hatred against harmless bags of shit.

I would also caution against unjustly labeling Mr. Hayes as a douche bag since it is also "rhetorically proximate" to justifications for hatred against the harmless little bags with which one douches.

...so to wrap up my comment, Mr. Hayes, it is my pleasure to formally invite you to go fuck yourself.

Have a very nice day sir.

MR2
05-29-2012, 08:30
...COWARDS ALWAYS feel uncomfortable around heroes... even dead ones. - Tom Dodd

Team Sergeant
05-29-2012, 08:34
Kurt Schlichter said it best; "He is a parasite taking sustenance from the exertions of better men and women."

The left -wing sure has a lot of parasites.......

I was not aware MSNBC was still on the air.....

greenberetTFS
05-29-2012, 08:49
I have given the issue deep consideration...

I will refrain from refering to the gentleman as a shit bag, because he does have a constitutional right to free speech. I also think that it would be "rhetorically proximate" to justifications for hatred against harmless bags of shit.

I would also caution against unjustly labeling Mr. Hayes as a douche bag since it is also "rhetorically proximate" to justifications for hatred against the harmless little bags with which one douches.

...so to wrap up my comment, Mr. Hayes, it is my pleasure to formally invite you to go fuck yourself.

Have a very nice day sir.

Very well stated.........;)

Dusty
05-29-2012, 08:54
Kurt Schlichter said it best; "He is a parasite taking sustenance from the exertions of better men and women."

The left -wing sure has a lot of parasites.......

I was not aware MSNBC was still on the air.....

Naw, there's still close to 25 viewers left per broadcast, nationwide. Better than CNN, actually. :D

Team Sergeant
05-29-2012, 08:56
Naw, there's still close to 25 viewers left per broadcast, nationwide. Better than CNN, actually. :D

The current administration and staff don't count.

MR2
05-29-2012, 09:08
The current administration and staff don't count.

Never have and never will... as long as we don't let them rewrite history.

aegisnavy
05-29-2012, 11:51
FWIW, when I hear people like this, it makes me think that mandatory military service isn't such a bad idea. Maybe it might give them some perspective.

No experience in the matter should equal enough SA to keep your cake-hole shut on the matter, unfortunately it doesn't.

Dusty
05-29-2012, 14:45
FWIW, when I hear people like this, it makes me think that mandatory military service isn't such a bad idea. Maybe it might give them some perspective.

No experience in the matter should equal enough SA to keep your cake-hole shut on the matter, unfortunately it doesn't.

That guy's planning to as soon as same-sex Military marriages are OK'd.

GratefulCitizen
05-29-2012, 19:33
He doesn't understand what honor is.
He's confusing it with praise or popularity.

Honor is something which can neither be bestowed nor withheld.
It can only be recognized and illuminated.

Selfless service is primary among those things which develop and demonstrate honor.
Sacrificing one's life for the benefit of others is the highest form of selfless service.

Those who died in service to our nation have demonstrated the highest level of honor.
"Hero" is a title which recognizes and illuminates that honor.

The ignorant comments from the msnbc host reflect the fact that he doesn't interact much with honorable people.

There is a reason why the military is consistently the most trusted institution in this nation.
Selfless service is a prerequisite, so it attracts and produces honorable people.

akv
05-30-2012, 19:01
It is clear Mr. Hayes is "rhetorically proximate" to a man who squats to pee. A cursory examination of history reveals many a regime fallen veterans sacrificied to defeat would have liquidated useless pseudo-intellectual hood ornaments like Mr. Hayes had they emerged victorious.

To those of you who serve or have served America, the vapid flatulence coming out of both ends of Mr. Hayes body in no way reflects the gratitude of American citizens.