PDA

View Full Version : Paracleat vests

504PIR
10-08-2004, 12:23
Guys

I'm doing PSD in Iraq, a couple guys are using the Paracleat armor/vests. I'm thinking real hard about getting one. Supposedly it was designed by SF, I don't know but have been impressed so far. Granted it is pricey, leaning toward it. Does anyone else here have experiance with it??

thanks

Kyobanim
10-08-2004, 12:28
Granted it is pricey, leaning toward it.

Anytime they put Call For Pricing in the catalog you know it's expensive. While you're waiting for comments I got their site for you. They have a lot of nice looking equipment there.

http://www.paracletearmor.com/Vests.htm

Stay Safe!

NousDefionsDoc
10-08-2004, 12:37
I don't have the vest, but I do have some of their pouches. Construction is excellent. And I know there are people that use their equipment on a daily basis that can have anything they ask for. They choose Paraclete.

I don't think getting a RAV would be a bad idea if you have the money. And doing PSD in Iraq, I wouldn't hesitate to spend what I ever I had to on my kit.

Let us know if you get it and what you think please. Good luck to you.

The Reaper
10-08-2004, 16:13
I have their pouches, but agree that their vests and high end gear is a bit pricey.

The RAV is only useful if you anticipate dumping your vest quickly, like falling into water or having to remove it for medical treatment. Once you pop it, it will take a few minutes to put back into action. Outside the above scenarios, there is no real advantage to the RAV.

Last time I checked, they were giving decent discounts to AD military buying direct. You might call them and see.

Good luck.

TR

504PIR
10-10-2004, 13:05
Well I broke down and bought my teamleader's vest, with plates, mag & frag pouches for $2100. I think I got a real good deal, plus he threw in smokes and 2 frags(with pins still in). Had to adjust it for me and add another ammo pouch. Sure is comfortable, will update in a week or so on how its working out.

Smokin Joe
10-10-2004, 15:54
504PIR,

If you have the ability and the time would you mind sharing some pics?

Thanks

Rotor Strike
10-10-2004, 17:18
I have a RAV that I wore for 6 months in Iraq. Stellar piece of gear. No problems, excellent construction, and a fantastic design. I agree that it's pricey, but well worth the investment. I will also plug the Eagle releasable vest as well. Put hands on two different models and both were as good if not better than the RAV. Both companies make excellent products that will keep you alive.

504PIR
10-14-2004, 04:12
Smokin Joe,

Been wearing the vest for several days now. Very comfortable! Bulky to put on, but once on easy to move in. Granted I would not want to do "starjumpers with a twist" while wearing it. Will post some pics tomarrow

eggroll
10-16-2004, 11:46
the RAVS may seem expensive, but consider the amount of work that goes into each one. I just finished a vest project and it was MUCH more involved than I had originally estimated.

504PIR
10-19-2004, 01:16
Sorry guys, I cannot get the pics to upload.

frznballz007
11-04-2004, 22:55

If the price is an issue try the Diamondback Predator. Same basic design, no cutaway pillow though I don't know if that is an issue for you or not, but it is cheaper than a paraclete. Here is the web site:

www.diamondbacktactical.com

kgoerz
11-09-2005, 16:12
I know this is late but was browsing the Archives.....
Nothing I have seen beats the Paracleat. Good guy who runs the company. He really cares about his product. We bought the whole package at my last active duty unit (GOVT.Price) Vest, Plates, every pouch available for 4800.00 per set. Too many pouches never used them all. What TS said is true, he gives discounts for single purchase for AD and retired personnel. Do's anyone know if he (Paracleat) got the contract for USSOC. I remember there was fight between him and NADEC Arms. Nadec was beating the copy right law by changing a clip fastener or loop belt......etc. I know I spelled Nadec wrong.
NDD.........Should I say how much I paid for my Paracleat type vest here?????

NousDefionsDoc
11-09-2005, 17:12
No. Remember, we are in a horrid place. Nobody should ever come here for any reason.

kgoerz
11-10-2005, 19:24
Tell me about it.....
Last place didn't have HBO and they didn't turn my bed down at night...I was furious....LOL