PDA

View Full Version : Spartan-Harsey Model.2 (just some pics)

PiterM
05-17-2012, 12:51
Arrived couple of days ago... wow, awesome grinds! And what a design!!! Took couple of snapshots, also compared to my Model.1

I've got two varians. Which one do I prefer? Well... I've got a lot of coyote khaki gear, I've got multicam packs, tan cloths etc. so khaki version for me :D

Roguish Lawyer
05-17-2012, 13:23
Bill, what is the function of the shape of the top of the knife? :munchin

PiterM
05-17-2012, 15:13
IMO it increases penetration (false edge, can be sharpened) but the tip is as strong as in non-swedged knife with full spine thickness.

And it looks just so cool! :D

Team Sergeant
05-17-2012, 15:18
Bill, what is the function of the shape of the top of the knife? :munchin

That there hump makes a bigger hole in a fella, the bigger the hole the faster they drain...... we use the same "theory" with bullets, bombs, etc. ;)

swatsurgeon
05-17-2012, 16:08
THAT'S WHAT I WANT IN A FOLDER..........
those spartan guys and Harsey, thought the folder would be out by now, bunch of lazy nothing better to do/ shop hit by tree guys!!!

PedOncoDoc
05-17-2012, 18:14
That there hump makes a bigger hole in a fella, the bigger the hole the faster they drain...... we use the same "theory" with bullets, bombs, etc. ;)

I'd be worried it would get caught up on withdrawal with that extra bit of width not sustained for the whole length - anyone with more experience (or with this knife and a cow/pig carcass handy on which to experiment) care to comment?

DJ Urbanovsky
05-17-2012, 22:11
WANT.

Rob_Frey
05-18-2012, 11:18
I thought it was so you could hold the blade in your hand and put your index finger behind the hump for control, without having your finger slip onto the sharp top edge???

Bill Harsey
05-19-2012, 19:36
I'd be worried it would get caught up on withdrawal with that extra bit of width not sustained for the whole length - anyone with more experience (or with this knife and a cow/pig carcass handy on which to experiment) care to comment?

Team Sergeant said it. If the knives you use for your day job hang up, then we have a problem.

DJ Urbanovsky
05-20-2012, 07:22
I suppose you hand ground each and every one of those as well?

:cool:

Team Sergeant said it. If the knives you use for your day job hang up, then we have a problem.

mcarey
05-21-2012, 08:38
We fully make these model II's in our shop. We are pretty proud that we have come up with a way to make the bevels completly symetrical.

The top cut out also allows fo a hand assist and guides batoning as well.

As for our lazy selves, we are hoping to debut our folder at Blade Show - Bill is not coming due to shop rebuild. We hope to do a folder with Bill in the near future.

Thanks Piter for the post and pics.

Mark

DDD
05-21-2012, 08:53
We fully make these model II's in our shop. We are pretty proud that we have come up with a way to make the bevels completly symetrical.

The top cut out also allows fo a hand assist and guides batoning as well.

As for our lazy selves, we are hoping to debut our folder at Blade Show - Bill is not coming due to shop rebuild. We hope to do a folder with Bill in the near future.

Thanks Piter for the post and pics.

Mark

Blade without Bill won't be the same:( See you there.

Bill Harsey
05-21-2012, 09:17
Blade without Bill won't be the same:( See you there.

DDD,
Thanks, I'll miss everyone. It sucks deeply not going to Blade Show but sucks more not having a shop.

Piter, Thanks for posting the pics!

Spartan Blades is doing a great job with these knives, thanks to you all too.

mdpatterson
05-23-2012, 04:26
Even though the pics were great, they don't do it justice. Last thing I NEED is another great knife that will probably spend it's life in a safe, but when I got to see it in person today.........guessing I'll cave in and make the purchase within the week. Great work again!

Mike

Team Sergeant
05-23-2012, 07:26

If you don't possess the strength to insert and withdrawal a knife into a well deserving individual then knife fighting is not for you. ;)

PedOncoDoc
05-23-2012, 08:11
If you don't possess the strength to insert and withdrawal a knife into a well deserving individual then knife fighting is not for you. ;)

Touche'. :)

PiterM
06-24-2012, 16:31
In the field...

swatsurgeon
06-25-2012, 15:51
Beautiful blade......now if it just had a folder version with that blade.

Team Sergeant
06-25-2012, 19:08
In the field...

Piter you ability with a camera is amazing..... (let me know when you shoot women....;))

Badger52
06-27-2012, 07:42
Nice, I'm gonna have to have one of these.

TheNewGuy
09-14-2012, 00:31
Just ordered me one Today! I can not wait till it gets here! I did get me this one though.. http://spartanbladesusa.com/images/large/Spartan%20Harsey%20Model%20II%20Green%20Beret%20Fo undation%20Edition_LRG.jpg