PDA

View Full Version : Microtech Jagdkommando Blade

JJ_BPK
05-08-2012, 06:03
A reel killa...

Microtech Jagdkommando Knife Fixed Blade

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Microtech-Jagdkommando--1077

Jagdkommando is the name of the Austrian Armed Special Forces Operations group, an elite group.

The Microtech Jagdkommando is a unique knife that has been milled from a solid piece of stainless steel! The blades three sharpened edges twist as they come to a point while the grooved faces feature drilled holes that flow seamlessly together. The hollow handle has a waffle texture and threaded end cap.

To house the blade, Microtech developed an aluminum "sheath" cover that screws over the blade. The cover has a belt loop with model, manufacture date and serial number. This is the limited production version of the popular Marfione custom.

Specifications:
Overall Length: 12.75"
Blade Length: 7.125"
Handle Length: 5.25"
Weight: 16.6 oz.
Total Weight: 24 oz.

Hurry, While supplies last.. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LsmF_S4Yfds#

:munchin

Barbarian
05-08-2012, 06:40
Isn't that what you guys used, at Apache Underwater Knifefighting School?

greenberetTFS
05-08-2012, 07:42
To house the blade, Microtech developed an aluminum "sheath" cover that screws over the blade..........:rolleyes:

I don't get it,if you needed the knife in a hurry,having to unscrewing it out of it's sheath doesn't sound like a good idea to me.....:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

TOMAHAWK9521
05-08-2012, 09:38
It looks like a combat apple corer. I can see it also being well suited for putting holes in coconuts in preparation for one of those tropical libations.

DJ Urbanovsky
05-08-2012, 10:59
I think it's cool, but I also think it's about as useful as tits on a bull.

Must have been fun programing the code for that.

Sheath concept is obviously based on the old MK V diving knife. Still made by Desco today.

https://www.divedesco.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=133

Barbarian
05-08-2012, 11:19
Must have been fun programing the code for that.

Is that sarcasm? (Seriously, I can't tell.) I don't know much about programming code, but I do know a little about CAD work and that looks like it would be a hell of a project to model.

I hadn't seen the MK V dive knife before.... interesting.

Streck-Fu
05-08-2012, 11:21
I could flip that on craglsist for a killing....

DJ Urbanovsky
05-08-2012, 14:45
Yes, sarcasm. Whether you like the knife or not, that's still some pretty groovy machine work.

Is that sarcasm? (Seriously, I can't tell.) I don't know much about programming code, but I do know a little about CAD work and that looks like it would be a hell of a project to model.

I hadn't seen the MK V dive knife before.... interesting.

Dusty
05-08-2012, 15:24
Isn't that what you guys used, at Apache Underwater Knifefighting School?

It's no longer called Apache UKS. They had to change it to Indigenous Pre-Colombian Tribal UKS.

Les George
05-08-2012, 17:04
That is a " look at me I have live tooling on my lathe" knife.

Cool bit of machining even if it's useless.... :)

alelks
05-08-2012, 19:10
Can you imagine trying to sharpen that thing? Of course why sharpen it as it's pretty useless as a knife. Now a modified version as a spear tip I could see. :)

Barbarian
05-09-2012, 07:55
Yes, sarcasm. Whether you like the knife or not, that's still some pretty groovy machine work.

No denying that. Guess I'd be pretty proud of it, too.

I'd say the steel cost to make those is silly. I bet they lose 3-4 lbs. in shavings, per knife.

It's no longer called Apache UKS. They had to change it to Indigenous Pre-Colombian Tribal UKS.

That's not nearly as macho. Reflection of the times?:D

DJ Urbanovsky
05-09-2012, 08:52
You just made me choke on my coffee.

That is a " look at me I have live tooling on my lathe" knife.

x SF med
05-09-2012, 14:19
Due to blade design (length, the triangular and twisting edge) that would be illegal to carry anywhere in the US, and it just happens to fall under prohibited weapons from the Hague and Geneva Conventions, IIRC...

I would not want to sharpen that ugly beast.

Hey, dude, I know you are attacking me, but just wait about a minute while I unscrew (literally and figuratively) my knife to be ready... okay?:eek::confused: Oh, shit, which edge is supposed to be 'up'?

Streck-Fu
05-11-2012, 06:07
My only question is, does it spin when you throw it?
Or how do you throw it, for that matter? Like a bowling ball with english?

:p

MVP
05-14-2012, 12:09
I have always thought a lathe profiled FS style knife would be rather interesting. By first turning the knife handle and blade profile and then milling/grinding the blade (two, straight edges) one could eliminate the weaknesses (handle/blade juncture and tip) of the original. I proposed this to Reeve a couple of years back but they said they were too busy to develop the idea. Perhaps they didn't like the small handle diameter that would preclude the addition of survival gear storage....

MVP

JJ_BPK
05-16-2012, 17:54
I have found the 1st prototype of the Jaqdkommando... :eek:

Old theatre made seige dagger from base camp. Made for CLOSE combat. Constructed on post and left at duty post in case over run for use as last ditch weapon. Not junk, made from military drill bit with solid steel and guard. About a foot long, with some storage age-light rust. One good connection with this and the enemy was NOT fighting on, no matter how doped up. Unique blade for the advanced collector of military fighting knives. (ebay 02/18 lot #14)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIETNAM-FIGHTING-KNIFE-MACV-SOG-MILITARY-DAGGER-WAR-/300668433268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46013c3374

And only 1/2 the price... :lifter

Dusty
05-16-2012, 18:40
I have found the 1st prototype of the Jaqdkommando... :eek:

And only 1/2 the price... :lifter

:D Only...$775.

x SF med
05-21-2012, 19:30
Every wannabe would get one if it was in an action movie and used by SEAL-Green Beret-Ranger-PJ-Recon Space commando against an alien Pirate-Ninja-Viking-Zombie that died just looking at it... and it defeated a light saber wielded by Yoda.:eek:

Oh, and none of them would care about the cost.:rolleyes: