PDA

View Full Version : General Officer Announcements

Stras
05-04-2012, 21:19
IMMEDIATE RELEASE

No. 345-12
May 04, 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Officer Announcements

The chief of staff, Army announces the following assignments:

Maj. Gen. Glenn J. Lesniak, U.S. Army Reserve, commanding general, 88th Regional Support Command, Fort McCoy, Wis., to deputy commanding general-support, U.S. Army Reserve Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Maj. Gen. Bennet S. Sacolick, commanding general, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, Fort Bragg, N.C., to director, force management and development, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
Brig. Gen. Robert M. Dyess Jr., who has been selected for the rank of major general, director, Requirements Integration Directorate, Army Capabilities Integration Center, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, Fort Eustis, Va., to director, force development, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-8, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Brig. Gen. Christopher K. Haas, commander, Combined Forces Special Operations Component Command - Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan, to commanding general, U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
Brig. Gen. Sean P. Mulholland, deputy director of operations, J-3, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., to commander, Special Operations Command South, U.S. Southern Command, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla.

Brig. Gen. Edward M. Reeder Jr., commanding general, U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C., to commanding general, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Richard
05-05-2012, 06:43
I see the Ed Reeder move to SWCS as a positive one. ;)

Richard :munchin

greenberetTFS
05-05-2012, 06:53
From the write up I saw on the green beret club forum yesterday he certainly sounded like a good move for SF..........;)

Big Teddy :munchin

MtnGoat
05-05-2012, 09:26
Congratulations to all, some great Men moving in the right directions.

JJ_BPK
05-05-2012, 09:44
Go Team.. :lifter

zfm7th
05-05-2012, 09:50
There is none better then BG(P) Ed Reeder. He's an SF guy through and through and is all about the regiment. His outstanding job at getting things pointed back in the right direction as the CG of SF Command will pay off in dividends to the force as he takes over the schoolhouse and proponency. It'll be great to have a true SF warfighter in the chair over there.

The other moves into command positions are also a plus for the regiment. Haas to SF Command behind Reeder is a great move. Big shoes to fill, but he has the background and know-how to do it. Mulholland to SOCSOUTH replacing the SEAL is tremendous. Mulholland knows the language, the region, and his highly respected down there. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's a Lancero as well....something that carries an incredible amount of prestige and respect in the Latin American military community.

Badger52
05-07-2012, 11:20
If I may, my best wishes are in order for you all. With the tumult of various food-fights recently these things are heartening to see for SF. Then-LTC Chris Haas should be a name familiar to those whose reading includes the earliest TF-Dagger accounts at any rate.

As to BG(P) Reeder, I recall his face on the cover of an issue of SOTech that hit the office and it was no office-hallway CoC pic - he had what I call "the look." 'Nuff said.

I pray this continues to bode well for SF and for success in their efforts.

Richard
07-03-2012, 07:36
MG Ed Reeder as of 29 June 2012 - ceremony at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/SFCommand#!/media/set/?set=a.10150946127323611.425558.69284653610&type=1

CONGRATULATIONS, Sir!

Richard :munchin

mark46th
07-03-2012, 13:55
I heard BG Reeder at the SFA Convention when he gave his briefing. Seemed like a good guy, glad to see all the positive comments...

rtj731
07-05-2012, 16:52
Heard talk of the "RED EMPIRE", Ed Reeder, Charlie Cleveland, Ben Sacolick, Mulholland
Take Care Generals. our force is in good hands.

PRB
07-05-2012, 19:34
Mulholland ain't a red flash guy......

The Reaper
07-05-2012, 20:02

Sean was a Team Leader, Group S3, and Group Commander among other jobs in 7th.

John was a battalion XO for 2/7 back in '92 or so.

TR

Basenshukai
07-06-2012, 05:21

I think that having been 7th Group Commander would make him a "red flash guy".