PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stations and programming

Paslode
05-04-2012, 10:34
I have a question. I am sure it is just a coincidence, but...

Have you noticed anything going on with the radio stations in your area?

The reason I ask is that in the past week, local listeners have seen the cancellation or re-scheduling of just about every Conservative Talk Show host during the hours of 8 AM through 5 PM. Most notable is the time slot from 8AM to 12PM. The only one that still exists and is in the same time slot is Rush Limbaugh. 5PM and after hasn't changed.

The most notable Beck, Laura Ingram and Hannity have all been cancelled and replaced with new local talk shows or shows devoid of politics like Dave Ramsey and/or they have been moved to time slots like 9PM to 12PM.

Now aside from some hourly sound bytes from the MSM, the sole national political news source on morning radio is now the diverse Muzak calm of NPR.

6 months just before a crucial election.....what impeccable timing.

Dozer523
05-04-2012, 12:20
6 months just before a crucial election.....what impeccable timing.:eek:

:D

Paslode
05-04-2012, 13:22
:eek:

:D

It must be FCC's Mark Lloyds doing :eek:

I will admit I 'did' listening to Beck, the others I didn't. But it was kind of odd this morning, I was driving around scanning for something other than religion, hog bellies, C&W, Hip-Hop or 98.9 The ROCK.......and all I could find was Hispanic Music, local discussions, Dave Ramsey and HAL 9000 NPR.

It's got to be Lloyd and Napoli simple equation at work:

(A) x (B) x (C) / N = D

∑ of D’s = M

A = Outlet (value = 1)

B = Potential audience reach

C = Content (provision of local news = 1; non provision of local news = 0)

N = Number of outlets owned by the owner

D = Diversity contribution of owner

M = Diversity metric for market