PDA

View Full Version : Our Friends at the UN

hoepoe
10-05-2004, 13:05
Hi all

I've been a bit busy, but lurking when i can; I hope you are all well.
Holly, i'm glad you're ok.

Look at this, suprised? I'm not...

"IDF: Indictments to be filed against 13 UN employees
By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent, and Haaretz Service

Israel Defense Forces chief of operations Yisrael Ziv did not confirm Tuesday evening whether or not the army was justified in its accusation that Palestinian militants had loaded a Qassam rocket into a United Nations ambulance in the Gaza Strip.
He also said the IDF has arrested 13 Palestinians employed by the UN who are suspected of participating in terror activities in the Gaza Strip. The IDF will be filing indictments against the suspects in the near future.

"We have in our hands a list of 13 detainees who are to be indicted, they are UN people with suspected links to terrorism," Ziv said.

Ziv spoke at a press conference convened following a storm of controversy sparked by the release of video filmed from an IDF drone aircraft in which, Israel claimed, Palestinian militants in Gaza were loading a Qassam rocket into a United Nations Relief and Works Agency ambulance.

The UN agency claimed the object was a stretcher......"

More at http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/485254.html

I remember we lost 3 youngsters when Hizbollah ambbushed them in UN vehicles while the UN force in Lebanon looked on....RIP.

Keep well all

Hoepoe

hoepoe
10-05-2004, 13:13
Here is the disputed picture.

Guy
10-05-2004, 13:30
I must be getting old because...

Not too much surprises me any more.

Sweetbriar
10-05-2004, 16:57
hoepoe, did you see this from HonestReporting.com? (http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/UNRWAs_Hamas_Employees.asp)

szechuan
10-05-2004, 20:43
This is exactly the kind of misuse of the UN that has made the whole organization a laughing stock. :( I guess the only people that still take the UN seriously are the career diplomats whose income and immunity to parking tickets depend on it's existence.

It's sad that the current Finnish President and foreign minister are old-school leftists and are casting my country's lot with these incompetents. Rumour has Mrs.Halonen, our current President is actually in the middle of a campaign to succeed Kofi Annan... :rolleyes:

danjam
10-05-2004, 23:39
As I thought... it was in fact a stretcher. Egg on the face is only saved by the fact that the UNRWA's head in Gaza admits to hiring Hamas members...

I wonder how the person/s who looked at the footage and reported this feel now, unless it was all done (conspiracy theory ;-) ) to highlight the fact that Hamas members use and have done so in the past the UN as a cover for their own activities.

hoepoe
10-06-2004, 07:36
As I thought... it was in fact a stretcher. Egg on the face is only saved by the fact that the UNRWA's head in Gaza admits to hiring Hamas members...

I wonder how the person/s who looked at the footage and reported this feel now, unless it was all done (conspiracy theory ;-) ) to highlight the fact that Hamas members use and have done so in the past the UN as a cover for their own activities.

Hey hey DanJam!

Yup, someone screwed up it now turns out to be a stretcher.....

mmm i like your theory, but it seems more like, "hey we screwed up, let's arrest 13 UN/Hamas members to save face"

What do you think?

Hoepoe

danjam
10-06-2004, 17:47
I would hate to think they were that stupid.