PDA

View Full Version : What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

BMT (RIP)
04-26-2012, 14:28
The hero here was McRaven, not Obama. And had the mission gone wrong, McRaven surely would have been thrown under the bus.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/04/26/Get-bin-laden-memo-CYA

BMT

Sarski
04-26-2012, 14:55
It figures. It takes a man (and someone with common sense) to make a call like that, and from a buddy of mine that served under the Admiral, he is held in high regard by the men on his teams.

BZ to all involved.

glebo
04-26-2012, 15:22
of course we already knew that. There was definelty a ...."plausible deniabilty"...between Obama and the op.

I wonder if the bus woulda at least honked...???:rolleyes:

Dusty
04-26-2012, 15:26
I expect the OBL mission to be brought out and ballooned for election points. This info would screw up that wet dream if the media reported it sufficiently. Or at all.

Badger52
04-26-2012, 17:53
I expect the OBL mission to be brought out and ballooned for election points. This info would screw up that wet dream if the media reported it sufficiently. Or at all.The media have already been playing along mostly. Everytime there's a discussion of budget cuts, or any article that has to use the term Special Operations Forces, the comparison to the reader is "like the US Navy SEALs that killed Osama bin Laden." They might mention other components...

Sarski
04-26-2012, 21:25
I prefer they don't mention other components. Just my preference, though. Lends credence to QP, and others get the limelight and Hollywood features...of which I have yet to see. One thing I have noticed on this board is the QPs who live up to and hold high that standard.;)

35NCO
04-26-2012, 22:07
Does anyone else think it is weird that there is no classification markings on the memo? Not calling conspiracy or anything. It just seems very odd. I know in my field that would be against DOD/GOV policy. Especially on such a high profile mission. Of course...the CIA most likely does whatever it wants at that level. Still strange. I wonder if they stripped it off for the press.

Monsoon65
04-26-2012, 23:04
You know, this can easily be designed into a drinking game.

Have a beer every time you hear Obama and his cronies mention, "SEAL Team Six", "Bin Laden", or "Special Operations" during the election cycle. I don't think it would take long before you hugging the toilet and calling him "Ralph".

Dusty
04-27-2012, 07:25
It's like an Litvin taking credit for a 3-point shot.

Dusty
04-27-2012, 12:29
http://thehill.com/video/campaign/224185-obama-campaign-suggests-

Stargazer
04-27-2012, 12:57
:boohoo

Between the video above and Uncle Biden's words of wisdom from the podium, I may have to rethink my position going into this election....

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jFzyTvYV9NU6YUjAxJ8_jWIx_pCA?docId=e501074c1 3f7421c963df704578565bc

Dozer523
04-27-2012, 13:19
Does anyone else think it is weird that there is no classification markings on the memo? Not calling conspiracy or anything. It just seems very odd. I know in my field that would be against DOD/GOV policy. Especially on such a high profile mission. Of course...the CIA most likely does whatever it wants at that level. Still strange. I wonder if they stripped it off for the press.Of course it's a conspiracy! Everything with BHO is a conspiracy.
See? This is a CYA document so if something goes wrong. . .
. . . the Admiral can say, "He MADE me do it -- according to the plan I briefed, unless something changed, and when ever I though was the best time to do it."
See? BHO claims all the credit, too. Put on his costume, flew a fighter jet onto an aircraft carrier anchored in San Diago Bay and announced "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".:cool:
No, Wait . . . Sorry. Wrong guy. (But at least we probably won't still be killing him ten years later)

Christ on a crutch! Don't you ever get tired of this tinfoil stuff?:D

Dusty
04-27-2012, 13:36
Of course it's a conspiracy! Everything with BHO is a conspiracy.
See? This is a CYA document so if something goes wrong. . .
. . . the Admiral can say, "He MADE me do it -- according to the plan I briefed, unless something changed, and when ever I though was the best time to do it."
See? BHO claims all the credit, too. D

It's like when the Dems halved the student loan interest rate for 5 years in 2007. They knew that they were covered either way; if in control, they could extend the decrease under the table. If the Repubs are in control, they can bitch that the stone-hearted Repukes are doubling the loan rate.

They do just about everything that way-underhanded, vile and sneaky.

Dozer523
04-27-2012, 13:44
It's like . . . They knew that . . . if in control, they could . . . bitch . . .
They do just about everything that way-underhanded, vile and sneaky.We need a "like" button (sorta like FB). Really, how hard, expensive would that be?

Dusty
04-27-2012, 14:09
We need a "like" button (sorta like FB). Really, how hard, expensive would that be?

About as hard as getting Obama's college and work records made public.

Razor
04-28-2012, 23:14
Put on his costume, flew a fighter jet onto an aircraft carrier anchored in San Diago Bay and announced "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

It would be a 'costume' if he was never a rated fighter pilot, which we all know isn't the case.