PDA

View Full Version : Inside Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think

Richard
04-15-2012, 05:40
An interesting summary of a global poll conducted over six years by Gallup post-911. A worthwhile watch (1 hr) and something(s) to ponder.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Inside Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/inside_islam_what_a_billion_muslims_really_think

Pete
04-15-2012, 06:53
Yada Yada Yada

If there were no Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs or any other religions except for Isalm the world would be at peace.

Nasty press just likes to spotlight the few extremists.

Ain't our fault - it's the "juice".

Richard
04-15-2012, 11:04
Yada Yada Yada

If there were no Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs or any other religions except for Isalm the world would be at peace.

Nasty press just likes to spotlight the few extremists.

Ain't our fault - it's the "juice".

Doesn't say any of that at all - explains the who, what, when, where, how, and why of the survey which was conducted amongst the world's 34 most Muslim populated nations, and uses the findings to offer some idea of the breadth of the complexity of the various "world-views" involved in what has become seen by many as a "clash of civilizations."

Richard

Pete
04-15-2012, 11:46
You and I listened to two different "movies"/"Productions"/what ever you want to call it.

I found it kind of like staring at a wall watching paint dry.

I place it in the same category as "American Muslim" - propaganda.

Roguish Lawyer
04-15-2012, 11:46
"Gender Justice," an express focus of this study, is a code word for liberal crap.

Just sayin . . . :munchin

Oldrotorhead
04-15-2012, 14:24
OK, if we buy that only 1% of Muslims "hate us" is 1% of a Billion plus people a small number? I didn't hear one word of condemnation of AQ in this whole production ( but maybe I zoned out and missed it). After 9-11 I saw thousands dancing in the streets in several countries, but where were the peace marches?Another point if Islam is so loving and peaceful they must allow others to practice their religions right? Ask the Copts in Egypt about those friendly little Muslims down the street. Thanks for putting this up for comment. In my personal experience most of the Muslims I met in Turkey and Morocco were reasonable people, but, the Muslims in Paris were not reasonable, polite or even civil. I suspect I would not get a warm welcome in the Tribal Areas, Mecca, or or some of the other gardens of peace inhabitted by a large Muslim majoraty

glebo
04-15-2012, 15:48
Well, if it wasn't us, it would be the Sunnis, Shi'ites and who knows how many other sects battling out with themselves....aint never gonnabe no peace...

PRB
04-15-2012, 15:50
It does not matter if the hate you or not.
Look at any Euro Country with a large Muslim pop and you will note that when they feel a certain level of strength they attempt to change the local system of laws to allow for Sharia....to superimpose their religion (no seperation of state/Islam) over the cultural and political system that exists.
If there is no push back, as in sections of France, you have defacto mini Islamic entities where even the Police will not venture.
It is not about hate, it is about two completely dif cultural expressions of daily life, systems, courts and a myriad of other elements at odds.
A practicing Muslim, must if he/she follows doctrine, look to further Sharia and Islamic rule.
If they ignore doctrine, as many do, then they can seem harmless.
However, if pushed to choose between the Kafir and another radical or practicing Muslim which way will they go.....all they have to do to answer is read the Koran.

mark46th
04-15-2012, 21:31
If we really want the world to be rid of Islam, just leave them alone. They are really good at killing each other.

greenberetTFS
04-16-2012, 15:24
It does not matter if the hate you or not.
Look at any Euro Country with a large Muslim pop and you will note that when they feel a certain level of strength they attempt to change the local system of laws to allow for Sharia....to superimpose their religion (no seperation of state/Islam) over the cultural and political system that exists.
If there is no push back, as in sections of France, you have defacto mini Islamic entities where even the Police will not venture.
It is not about hate, it is about two completely dif cultural expressions of daily life, systems, courts and a myriad of other elements at odds.
A practicing Muslim, must if he/she follows doctrine, look to further Sharia and Islamic rule.
If they ignore doctrine, as many do, then they can seem harmless.
However, if pushed to choose between the Kafir and another radical or practicing Muslim which way will they go.....all they have to do to answer is read the Koran.

Excellent point.......;):D

Big Teddy :munchin