PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro gets his hits!

Weazle23
10-02-2004, 11:28
I admit it, I am a Mariners fan. It's been a tough season to try and follow but Ichiro, time and again, has been the bright spot.

He now has the MLB record for most hits in a season with 259 and counting...

I offer congratulations to him.

PS. Go Seahawks!!

NousDefionsDoc
10-02-2004, 13:09
That is quite an accomplishment. I hope Rodriguez can get his 40 HRs this year.

pulque
10-02-2004, 14:23
I admit it, I am a Mariners fan. It's been a tough season to try and follow but Ichiro, time and again, has been the bright spot.

He now has the MLB record for most hits in a season with 259 and counting...

Outstanding! Ichiro is a real blessing for the M's

lrd
10-03-2004, 05:35
This record, and Cal's 2,632 consecutive games record, mean a lot more to me than HR records. They show me someone the team can depend on day in and day out.

Congratulations, Ichiro!

NousDefionsDoc
10-03-2004, 08:32
This record, and Cal's 2,632 consecutive games record, mean a lot more to me than HR records. They show me someone the team can depend on day in and day out.

Congratulations, Ichiro!

The one Rodriguez is after is I think 40 HRs seven consecutive seasons - only The Babe did it I believe. That is also dependability in my book.

lrd
10-03-2004, 10:56
The one Rodriguez is after is I think 40 HRs seven consecutive seasons - only The Babe did it I believe. That is also dependability in my book.
I"ll agree with you on that one, but HRs for the sake of HRs don't appeal to me. It's one tool in the toolbox, but not the only one. It's hard to convince the kids of that, though, when a HR gets more press than a well-executed bunt. I'd rather see the bunt. ;)

Sdiver
10-03-2004, 11:50
Here ya go NDD. Last Night was Edgar night. He will be missed. Mostly his commercials that he does at the begining of every year. Too Freakin Funny.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/

Weazle23
10-03-2004, 16:34
Sdiver, thanks for that link. I forgot these are Edgar's last games. I really would have liked to be back home and at Safeco for Edgar night. How often has such an exceptional player/person stay with his original team for the duration of his entire career?? I mean wow, 18 years, through thick and thin, mostly thin. I hope the M's hold onto Ichiro like that too.