PDA

View Full Version : 13-Year-Old Set on Fire in Horrific Racially-Charged Attack

Dusty
03-30-2012, 18:04
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack/

Where you at, Sharpton? Watters? Where's the media coverage on this hate crime?

Police in Kansas City are investigating a possible hate crime after a 13-year-old boy was doused in gasoline and set on fire. According to Allen Goin’s mother, the attack occurred just as her son was getting home from school. She said, “They rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open…one of them poured gasoline, then flicked the Bic and said, "This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy!"

The police say the boy was engulfed in a “large fireball,” but was able to beat out the flames to call 911 and his father. In addition to suffering first degree burns, he has lost his eyebrows, eyelashes, and part of the skin on his face. There is also long-term concern about his eyes and lungs.

The family intends to move out of fear that the attackers went to their son’s school, which KMBC reports he will not return to. Melissa Coon, the boy’s mother, said her youngest son, 5, asked her, “Mom, am I going to get set on fire today?”

“I was in tears,” she said.
Snip

Sdiver
03-30-2012, 19:09
Where you at, Sharpton? Watters? Where's the media coverage on this hate crime?

After reading about this several times, I've wondered that too.

IMO .... it's their way of shifting focus away from this incident and onto the Martin/Zimmerman one.

The Martin/Zimmerman incident happened the end of Feb.
This incident happened the first week of March.
The huge protests for Zimmerman's arrest started the end of the first week/beginning of the second week of March.

Just like the cheap magician who dazzles you with cheap illusions .... "Look at my right hand while I "load" the trick in my other" ..... Sharpton, Waters, Jackson and the MSM have got this down to a science, and know just how to "stir the pot" and get the proper results.

Yep, racism is alive and well in the U.S.A.

My 0.02

:munchin

Paslode
03-30-2012, 19:30
I would bet there is more to this story as in this wasn't random and there had been previous signs of trouble.

BUT......We should ignore stories and actions like this so that we don't empower the people that perform these acts.

Paslode
03-30-2012, 19:34
From Kansas City.com is a more complete story......and take note of what the Father has to say about it.

Posted on Mon, Mar. 05, 2012
Police investigate burning of 13-year-old boy
By TONY RIZZO
The Kansas City Star

Kansas City police on Monday said they are continuing to investigate the reported assault of a teenager who suffered gasoline burns last week.

The 13-year-old boy told police that two older youths accosted him as he walked home from school on Feb. 28. As he reached the front door of his east Kansas City home, one grabbed him in a bear hug while another picked up a gas can that was in front of the house and said, “This is what you get,” according to the initial police report.

The boy began struggling over the gas can, which fell, spilling gas, according to the report. A youth then lit the gas, which flashed into a fireball, burning the 13-year-old’s face and singeing his hair, the report said.

On Monday, the boy’s father said his son is doing well. He said the skin is peeling on his son’s nose and he suffered a burn injury in his nostrils and upper lip.

Because the attackers are black and the burned youth is white, some media outlets have reported the incident as a possible hate crime. However, Kansas City police have said since the incident first was reported that they do not think it was a hate crime.

The boy’s father said Monday that whatever the motive, no one had the right to harm his son.

“I don’t know whether it was racial or not,” the father said. “But it was wrong.”

He also said that his son will not return to Kansas City’s East High School. The boy said the two youths had followed him from the school.

“They’ll have to kill me or lock me up before I send him back there,” said the boy’s father, whose name is not being used to protect his son’s identity.

The father said that he would move out of the neighborhood if he could.

The two youths in the alleged assault were described as older teens, both with facial hair. One was described as wearing a blue hat and blue clothing. He also wore tennis shoes with the number “23” on them.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/05/3471164/police-investigate-burning-of.html

chance
03-30-2012, 19:37
So when is the POTUS going to get on TV and say this could have been his son?:rolleyes:

Dusty
03-30-2012, 19:47
So when is the POTUS going to get on TV and say this could have been his son?:rolleyes:

As evidenced by his real BC.

DIYPatriot
03-30-2012, 19:59

Right on and great point! My friends and I have discussed this all week. I keep waiting for POTUS to say his kid would've bashed someone's head into concrete and been busted with drugs at school after attacking a bus driver. Funny...guess we'll never hear him explain how his son could've been that same person, too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

chance
03-30-2012, 20:17
This is classic!!

Support: New York state senators Kevin Parker (left) Bill Perkins (center) and Eric Adams wear hooded sweatshirts during session in the Senate Chamber in Albany today to show their support for Florida teenager Trayvon Martin

So, all of the other days are they wearing ACU's and full kit for the thousands of Service Memebers killed?

DIYPatriot
03-30-2012, 20:48
This is classic!!
So, all of the other days are they wearing ACU's and full kit for the thousands of Service Memebers killed?

Sadly, no. When I saw that image, it made me wonder similar thoughts. My best friend/brother comes home soon and my wife deploys in a few months. Several friends and family are on rotations and these guys are showing support for someone that we barely know anything about b/c the media spins things so quickly that the facts are a blur.

If an American needs the background on Trayvon Martin they have to look to a UK website for details. That's fubar. I'm a proponent for truth and, sadly, I doubt we'll get a drop of it until the smoke clears and guys like Spike Lee stop tweeting addresses to the wrong Zimmerman family - who had to relocate to a hotel for safety.

As Richard says, and so it goes...

Penn
03-31-2012, 00:52
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-...harged-attack/

In reference to the above story, I have censored my comments, because I do not want my outrage, which is directed both at the meanness of this senseless act, and my anger towards the media for the blatant and conscience bias in refusing to report this crime, to be misconstrued as a racist statement on my part.

But, to be perfectly clear, if you are on my doorstep, have threaten/harmed a member of my family, I don’t care what color you are, I will put a end to it immediately. If that causes me to fear for my life, or the life of my family member, I will terminate the threat with extreme prejudice.

I just checked every media resource editors desk, NYT, Fox, etc there is not one mention of this incident, it appears to be a media blackout.

Surgicalcric
03-31-2012, 07:03
...Because the attackers are black and the burned youth is white, some media outlets have reported the incident as a possible hate crime. However, Kansas City police have said since the incident first was reported that they do not think it was a hate crime.

Of course it isnt a hate crime; only white people have the capacity to hate other ethnicities.

Pete
03-31-2012, 07:13
Of course it isnt a hate crime; only white people have the capacity to hate other ethnicities.

Which is why I am against all types of Hate Crime Laws. What you did to someone should be the crime - not what you were thinking.

Since the powers that be have such a hard time applying it equally across the board it shouldn't be applied at all.

Paslode
03-31-2012, 07:15
Which is why I am against all types of Hate Crime Laws. What you did to someone should be the crime - not what you were thinking.

Since the powers that be have such a hard time applying it equally across the board it shouldn't be applied at all.

Excellent point.

Dusty
03-31-2012, 07:18
Let's say I'm writing a novel about a "black" who's running the Country, and hates the way it was put together, so he wants to dismantle its framework. Four years just wasn't long enough, so he needs more time. It's obvious to his handlers his chances are less than slim to get voted in again, so he's got to come up with another method.

He foments the escalation of racial aggravation, gets the DHS involved, punches the buttons of a few prime agitators in the spring prior to the election, and ignores the white complaints while exacerbating those of the blacks.

Will the racial tensions pop, necessitating Martial Law?

Plausible?

That's as far as I've got with the plot, but as slow as I write, I don't think I'll have time to finish it.

Penn
03-31-2012, 12:02
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Al-Sharpton/31715922959

I posted the IP address for the story 1 minute ago. It has been removed from AS FB page.

Sdiver
03-31-2012, 12:40
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Al-Sharpton/31715922959

I posted the IP address for the story 1 minute ago. It has been removed from AS FB page.

Good on you Chef !!!!!

Looks as if a few others have posted the story as well. Let's see how long they stay up.

:munchin

Dusty
05-01-2012, 18:30
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton

Streck-Fu
05-01-2012, 19:13
Drudge has it linking to WND and the opinion piece at the Pilot. Looks like lots of pissed people in Norfolk.

bjm300
05-01-2012, 19:17
America didn't even know who trayvon and Zimmerman were in 2007, and no one heard about this on any of the major news channels

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newso m

There seems to be a pattern here...

MtnGoat
05-01-2012, 19:36
I wish I lived in NYC I would be at every morning show with a sign asking why or WTF.

Sad fact and state of nation we live in.

The Reaper
05-01-2012, 19:47
People are in denial.

This happens in major cities across the country every day. Black on black and black on white "hate" crime is rampant and ignored or concealed.

The media is complicit in not reporting incidents like this, unless it involves their own staff. The POTUS has not helped with his selective comments either.

TR

Richard
05-01-2012, 19:59
Discrimination and conflict among sub-cultures has been an issue in every country I've ever lived in...I suspect it always has been so and always will be, and this country is no different. I just wish people would try to live a good life and judge others solely by their individual thoughts/actions, just because it's the right thing to do - nothing less, nothing more.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Dreadnought
05-01-2012, 20:10
Unless we remove humans from the reporting of news and the spreading of information, we will never be completely free from bias. Although this is my opinion, I feel that this is an unfortunate (though unique) universal truth.

Some cases deserve more attention than the Martin/Zimmerman case. Some do not. The fact is that the Martin/Zimmerman case is at the forefront of the media and the mass populace, so therefore it is the current "battleground" for both morality and legality. It needs to be dealt with accordingly.

As to the news story, that is of course absolutely disgusting. I pray that there is a fiery end awaiting the person who did that

DIYPatriot
05-01-2012, 22:26
Thanks for posting the article, Dusty. Reading things such as the quote below really pisses me off and solidifies my stance for carrying concealed and doing my best to frequent places that allow me to carry concealed. I keep wondering what will happen as the Zimmerman case goes to trial. How many riots? How many innocent people will be attacked for revenge (for Trayvon Martin)? I'm afraid we're only at the beginning of this thing and it'll get worse as momentum gains.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Dusty
05-02-2012, 07:49
Discrimination and conflict among sub-cultures has been an issue in every country I've ever lived in...I suspect it always has been so and always will be, and this country is no different. I just wish people would try to live a good life and judge others solely by their individual thoughts/actions, just because it's the right thing to do - nothing less, nothing more.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Nailed.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

plato
05-02-2012, 16:50
All the hoopla over the Trayvon Martin incident isn't so much about a white man killing a black kid, it's that the white man killed the black kid and the police then just let him go. If Zimmerman had been arrested from the get-go, and then a white-on-black killing occurred elsewhere, and the guy not been arrested, all the protesting would be over that incident.

During the past month in Detroit, we've had two incidents that made the local paper. Two older individuals, in separate incidents, shot apparent would-be home intruders. Neither shooter was arrested based on the presumption of self-defense. Both shooters were black. No protest either.

The old alternative before the SYG adjustment, was to go to jail, bail out if possible, get an attorney, defend yourself in court, and then after something like $20-50,000 spent be declared innocent. Financially ruined, but innocent.

Absent an appearance of criminal conduct, arrest/jail isn't supposed to happen.

Streck-Fu
05-02-2012, 18:19
During the past month in Detroit, we've had two incidents that made the local paper. Two older individuals, in separate incidents, shot apparent would-be home intruders. Neither shooter was arrested based on the presumption of self-defense. Both shooters were black. No protest either..

The hoopla over the Treyvon shooting is a carefully crafted reaction created by the attorney the parents hired. Without him and his ties to JJ and the Rev. we wouldn't have heard about this one either.

The Reaper
05-02-2012, 19:50
All the hoopla over the Trayvon Martin incident isn't so much about a white man killing a black kid, it's that the white man killed the black kid and the police then just let him go. If Zimmerman had been arrested from the get-go, and then a white-on-black killing occurred elsewhere, and the guy not been arrested, all the protesting would be over that incident.

Is that really justice?

Or are there other motives at play here?

TR

The Reaper
05-02-2012, 20:27
Arresting Zimmerman wouldn't have been justice unto itself, and I don't know if he really should've been arrested or not, but not doing so, whether rightly or wrongly, gave the media a great opportunity to blow the whole thing way out of proportion and stir up racial passions.

So to be just, we should arrest people (whether rightful or not) to avoid media exaggeration and agitation of racists?

Is this rule just to be applied to white people, so that blacks do not get all stirred up?

Interesting concept of justice.

TR

GratefulCitizen
05-02-2012, 20:59
Media and the school system teach the people to trust the government and all will be well.
Those anomalies, well...some have to be sacrificed for the greater good.
:mad:

There are some levels of community which work for the individual -- the smaller the better.
For the most part, we're on our own in this world.

plato
05-02-2012, 21:14
Or are there other motives at play here?
TR

A President with the "right skin" will overpower Florida for "Our People"?

Not too obvious, is it.

Paslode
05-02-2012, 21:55

Maybe.

There were prior and more recent stories that are far more sinister and straight forward racially motivated that the MSM and the Race Baiters turned a blind eye to. So one must wonder why Trayvon Martin, why George Zimmerman and why Florida.

The Police didn't just let him go, they took Zimmerman in for questioning and then let me go. Which happens everyday, and in some cases the individual/suspect is taken back into custody as evidence develops.

There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on the 'Stand Your Ground Law' that Bush signed in Florida which is a swing State.

And the Trayvon Martin shooting had a foothold on the news cycle for several weeks.

Dusty
05-03-2012, 04:49
A President with the "right skin" will overpower Florida for "Our People"?

Not too obvious, is it.

He's already got the black vote. He used to have the "white" Hispanic vote...

The Reaper
05-03-2012, 16:20
I'm not saying that, I don't think people should be arrested for such a reason. But the media will use not arresting people as an opportunity to do said exaggeration is my point.

So much for the pesky 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendments.

What is right is right. The legislature passes laws. The police investigate possible legal violations. The district attorney brings charges, if probable cause is found. The judge or jury decide innocence, or guilt. The prison system incarcerates those convicted and sentenced. Not popular opinion, not the media, not groups of people who are "riled up." Justice.

TR