PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Mighty FC is a forward-thinking retro concept

BMT (RIP)
03-28-2012, 09:28
Be the first in your 'hood to drive one!! ;-))

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/03/28/jeep-mighty-fc-is-forward-thinking-retro-concept/?intcmp=features

BMT

Sarski
03-28-2012, 09:43
It looks like a Japanese delivery truck on steroids.

echoes
03-28-2012, 09:49
It sure would make an impression on all of those, "Re-Elect O!," vehicles cluttering up the roads...just pull up in that be-hemoth and watch thier fur fly....;)

Holly

zeke
03-28-2012, 10:02
Looks like a MOG.

Badger52
03-28-2012, 10:07
It sure would make an impression on all of those, "Re-Elect O!," vehicles cluttering up the roads...just pull up in that be-hemoth and watch thier fur fly....;)

HollyPut a logging company's "claw" in the back & just move 'em out of the way.

I wish someone would bring back a simple, uncluttered, no frills, Bronco or Jeep or something. (And not talking about ICON's 6-figure retros.) The modern stuff has so much stuff on it, it can neither handle austere conditions or take advantage of economical motors 'cause it needs a diet, and is too wide because the G-nanny is afraid someone will roll it over and sue the maker of their Crackberry.[/lament]:(

Richard
03-28-2012, 10:59
I'd take any one of these - I used to drive a Jeep p/u and a Chevy C20 like these...both were work vehicles and were in a more normal condition similar to the C20's in these pics.

To me, that 'neo-Jeep' looks like the bastard stepchild of the old Jeep overcab pickup, an Unimog, and one of those Soviet vehicles of similar design (but without the ox pulling it).

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

DJ Urbanovsky
03-28-2012, 12:15
I like that. Does indeed look like a 'Mog.

Badger52
03-28-2012, 14:04
IIRC was cruising thru Kalamazoo over St. Pat's weekend and saw one of these on a dealer lot (in that 60's ugly bronze O'Keefe & Merritt color that was all the rage). Not bad in green.

Your original Richard has more class, though.

echoes
03-28-2012, 20:30
Put a logging company's "claw" in the back & just move 'em out of the way.

I wish someone would bring back a simple, uncluttered, no frills, Bronco or Jeep or something. (And not talking about ICON's 6-figure retros.) The modern stuff has so much stuff on it, it can neither handle austere conditions or take advantage of economical motors 'cause it needs a diet, and is too wide because the G-nanny is afraid someone will roll it over and sue the maker of their Crackberry.[/lament]:(

Your line of thinking is spot on...THE CLAW! Ahhh, how I would love to have one attached to my vehicle when approaching an O Supporter! ;)

But with this car, all doubt is removed...especially if there is an SF Support sticker in the window!!!:lifter

s
04-01-2012, 10:23
Not only it does look like a MOG, but it seems to have portal axels. Sweet gig!

SPEC4
04-02-2012, 08:11
Old school jeep :lifter

mark46th
04-02-2012, 08:23
Richard- Don't know if you ever got up to Sakon Nakhon but the Police there had a 1940's era Power Wagon in fire engine red in original mint condition...

Richard
04-02-2012, 09:20
Mark - I never saw that one but I had an M43 Ambulance at Nong Takoo like this one - except - our red crosses were a really dark red which didn't stand out nearly as much and weren't in white squares, and all the markings were in black, not white. It had a huge flathead six-cylinder engine and was nearly unstoppable once it was going, and the power steering, power brakes, etc were only as effective as the 'power' of the driver. The heater worked well in the summer months and the a/c worked well in the cold months. I'm lucky to have any fillings left from the ride of that vehicle but would love to have one now.

Richard