PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Alaska Bear Hunt for Wounded SF soldiers

DinDinA-2
03-19-2012, 09:06
That time of year again...

The Special Forces Association is sponsoring two wounded Special Forces Soldiers for a Bear Hunt in Alaska in 2012. A guide (Wayne Woods from Palmer, Alaska) has donated two hunts to the SFA for 2012. He previously donated hunts in Alaska for 2009, 2010 and 2011 to the SFA. The two wounded SF warriors are from the 5th SFGA. The cost is about $1800 per man of cash outlay. This will cover Hunting/fishing License, taxidermy fees and a cash grant of $300 to cover misc travel costs. Airfare will be covered by donations of frequent flyer miles ( I think this is taken care of for this hunt). The hosting of the soldiers in and out of Alaska is taken care of. The Fall 2011 issue of the “Drop” has an article about the 2011 hunt. In addition, this year a couple of days fishing on the Kenai river have been donated by Rich Mullowney, to put a great finish to the hunt.

This project is a great way to recognize some of our great SF troops and promote the SF Regiment. Any excess funds contributed will be held for use in the 2013 hunts. I would ask individuals to give consideration to supporting this great project. If any of you want to support this effort, send your donations to:

Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309-1436

Make checks payable to: “Special Forces Association” and in the memo block put “ALASKA BEAR HUNT”. This will put the money in a designated place within the Patriot Fund. Any excess funds contributed this year will be held for use in the 2013 hunts.

The Special Forces Association is a 501(c)(19) Non-Profit Veteran Service Organization. All donations/contributions are tax-deductable. Receipts for donations will be sent for all individual donations in excess of $250. Receipts will be provided on request for donations less than $250.

Any specific questions PM me and I try to answer, or put you in contact with the project officer.

Thanks

DinDinA-2
03-19-2012, 09:11
Trip period will be 30 May through about 16 June.

DinDinA-2
03-26-2012, 09:03
That time of year again...

The Special Forces Association is sponsoring two wounded Special Forces Soldiers for a Bear Hunt in Alaska in 2012. A guide (Wayne Woods from Palmer, Alaska) has donated two hunts to the SFA for 2012. He previously donated hunts in Alaska for 2009, 2010 and 2011 to the SFA. The two wounded SF warriors are from the 5th SFGA. The cost is about $1800 per man of cash outlay. This will cover Hunting/fishing License, taxidermy fees and a cash grant of $300 to cover misc travel costs. Airfare will be covered by donations of frequent flyer miles ( I think this is taken care of for this hunt). The hosting of the soldiers in and out of Alaska is taken care of. The Fall 2011 issue of the “Drop” has an article about the 2011 hunt. In addition, this year a couple of days fishing on the Kenai river have been donated by Rich Mullowney, to put a great finish to the hunt.

This project is a great way to recognize some of our great SF troops and promote the SF Regiment. Any excess funds contributed will be held for use in the 2013 hunts. I would ask individuals to give consideration to supporting this great project. If any of you want to support this effort, send your donations to:

Special Forces Association
PO Box 41436
Fayetteville, NC 28309-1436

Make checks payable to: “Special Forces Association” and in the memo block put “ALASKA BEAR HUNT”. This will put the money in a designated place within the Patriot Fund. Any excess funds contributed this year will be held for use in the 2013 hunts.

The Special Forces Association is a 501(c)(19) Non-Profit Veteran Service Organization. All donations/contributions are tax-deductable. Receipts for donations will be sent for all individual donations in excess of $250. Receipts will be provided on request for donations less than $250.

Any specific questions PM me and I try to answer, or put you in contact with the project officer.

Thanks

Just wanted to get this in front of every one again. If you have any spare change left over after taxes, please consider this project.