PDA

View Full Version : Meetup: San Antonio

nmap
03-17-2012, 15:37
I was wondering - would anyone be interested in meeting up in San Antonio?

There are a variety of restaurants and other locations in every part of town, and it might be fun to hoist a glass of the beverage of choice, eat something good, and converse...

By the way, I did a search and did not find any similar proposals. My apologies if my search technique was flawed.

ZonieDiver
03-17-2012, 17:18
I'd attend, if I lived close.

By the way, it's nice to see you back here!

Stingray
03-17-2012, 21:54
Sure.
My brother lives in SA, and I visit as often as I can.
Next time I am in your AO I Will let you know.

Sincerely,

Santo Tomas
03-19-2012, 07:22
When and where?

nmap
03-19-2012, 07:39
When and where?

Open for discussion!

San Antonio has something for just about any taste...

Restaurants of every description and price range, places with a wide variety of imported beers...

Chester's makes good burgers and has lots of beer choices

Alamo Cafe makes outstanding chicken fried steak

Cheddar's...I haven't tried them, but they're rumored to be good and also inexpensive

Mcalister's deli...Good food, pleasant staff...

Perhaps someone could offer some nominations?

dr. mabuse
03-19-2012, 08:57
What's decent nowadays on the river?

nmap
03-19-2012, 09:47
What's decent nowadays on the river?

Casa Rio is good...County Line ribs (and bar-b-q) is more expensive, but good...and there are a great many others.

Once again, it's hard to go wrong. And parking isn't really a problem because there are city-owned parking garages at convenient places.

abc_123
03-19-2012, 11:33
I don't live near San Antonio, but as someone else already mentioned. Good to see you back.

Red Flag 1
03-19-2012, 11:36
As you know, I did my residency @ Big Willie and bought my first home there. We have friends in Shirts, TX, not that far from you. We owe them a visit and will give a shout when we are out that way.

Good to see you back amigo.

RF 1

98G
03-19-2012, 11:42
I usually am at Ft Sam once every 1-2 months -- will be there next week and staying at a hotel on the river walk so I would be open for it. Any restaurant downtown is fine with me.

SouthernDZ
03-19-2012, 16:10
As you know, I did my residency @ Big Willie and bought my first home there. We have friends in Shirts, TX, not that far from you.....

Livin' in Shirts (Schertz) now, let me know when and where.:D

Tried Cheddars, not bad food if you don't mind waitng an hour for a table.

nmap
03-19-2012, 16:13
I usually am at Ft Sam once every 1-2 months -- will be there next week and staying at a hotel on the river walk so I would be open for it. Any restaurant downtown is fine with me.

Outstanding! I'll look forward to it.

nmap
03-19-2012, 16:16
Livin' in Shirts (Schertz) now, let me know when and where.:D

Tried Cheddars, not bad food if you don't mind waitng an hour for a table.

Perhaps there's something closer to Schertz that is a real winner? I tried a Chinese restaurant near 281 and 410...I'll try to find the name...good food!

mike-munich
03-20-2012, 01:32
I met a few guys from here in CO. when I was there and Richard in DFW. Good people.

We will be CONUS from 7JUNE to 21JULY, we live by Canyon Lake. If ya'll get together in that timeframe I will join you for a few cold ones.

Santo Tomas
03-20-2012, 07:01
If the weather gets a little warmer and the pool warms up we can cook some burgers or whatever at my house.