PDA

View Full Version : Finding a training partner.

saved&sanctified
03-11-2012, 12:46
Hi everyone. I'm an 18X living in Orlando, FL. I ship out to BCT in early June. I am interested in finding an 18X training partner living in my area and was wondering if there are any links/websites/threads that provide an opportunity to search for one. I noticed that the Navy SEALs' website has such a section in their forum. I've already asked my recruiting office but they don't have any other 18X's in the DEP and I've already posted discussion threads on the future soldier website to no avail. Varying google searches have also resulted in nothing. Aside from calling other recruiting offices, any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pete
03-11-2012, 13:07
Use the search feature here on the site, get the book "Get Selected", read it and get to work - go do PT.

Prep will be daily. Long drive times to link up will cut into training time. Learn to be self motivated.

If someone pops up and PMs you, well, that's nice - but don't count on it - get to work.

Did I say - Use the search feature? Use it.

saved&sanctified
03-11-2012, 13:17
Thanks for the reply sir. I've already read the book and train daily. I also tried a few keywords in the search tool. I've been using it frequently to answer all my questions, I just couldn't find one on this particular subject. Lack of motivation isn't an issue with me. If anything, I was looking to help motivate others, that and maybe get a carpool buddy to drive to the beach to swim and run. Until then I'll continue to do so alone as you suggested. Thanks again.