PDA

View Full Version : Gun Powder Gals: Women's gun group has blast together

Pete
03-11-2012, 07:07
Gun Powder Gals: Women's gun group has blast together

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/03/11/1158786?sac=fo.home

"SPRING LAKE -- Renee Muffett wore knee-high boots with heels and a pair of designer jeans.

The sequins on the shoulders of her blouse sparkled, and the black cocktail ring on her hand glinted as she aimed the .22 caliber handgun.

It was Muffett's second time shooting at the range at Guns Plus in Spring Lake, and she liked it. A lot.

But she stayed serious and steely-eyed, staring at her target.

Muffett, a Fayetteville billboard saleswoman, is one of about 44 members in Fayetteville's all-female shooting group, the Gun Powder Gals.................."

Looks like a growing group in the Fayetteville area.......

"........But when she returned and wanted to practice her shooting, she found that she didn't have as much fun shooting with her husband.

She thought the instruction she received from him was too critical, and, as much as she loved her husband, she found the experience wasn't as much fun.

"I said, 'I want to go shooting with girls!' " she said. "Girls are better.".............."

They like to go shopping together - why not shooting together.

Go Gals

1stindoor
03-11-2012, 07:30
In related news...

But if you want to feel what it is like to be human again, you should hunt, even if just once. Because that understanding, I believe, will propel a shift in how we view and interact with this world that we eat in. And the kind of food we demand, as omnivores, will never be the same.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/03/10/im-girl-and-hunt/?intcmp=features#ixzz1ooZfoiYg

PSM
03-11-2012, 09:04
My wife just joined a women only club, The Shooting Stars (http://myshootingstars.net/mainpage.aspx), here in Cochise County. She also added to the February guns sales by buying 2 Ruger LCRs, a .22LR and a .38SP.

The club's first lesson is free using only the members guns and ammo. She said a couple of the women were very scared and one stared crying and hyperventilating. But, by the end of the lesson, she was laughing with the rest of the girls and discussing which gun would be right for her. You can see why it's wise not to allow husbands or boyfriends attend. ;)

Pat

PSM
03-27-2012, 18:47
I went to the Sierra Vista, AZ, PD this morning to get my fingerprints done for my AZ CC permit. While I was there, there were 8 women and two guys, including me, waiting to be printed. Nobody messes with our women! ;)

Pat

Requiem
03-30-2012, 13:49
Shooting isn't just for young women. :lifter These great ladies are spokeswomen for gun safety.

FAIRBANKS, Alaska— Sharp-shooting grannies in Fairbanks are drawing people to the shooting range for the Alaska Grandma Safe Shootin' Challenge.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner says grandma Dody Maki is the deadeye of the three grandmas. She has been shooting since her 20s but started going to the range only within the past 10 years. She can hit the bull's eye 10 times firing rapidly with a pistol.

The competition tests prowess in hunting, pistol marksmanship and rifle shooting.

The final shoot-off is Sunday.

S.

mojaveman
03-31-2012, 15:28
Any single women shooters? How about a singles hour at the range?

Team Sergeant
04-01-2012, 10:33
Any single women shooters? How about a singles hour at the range?

I like the way you think! Let me know if there's a get together in the Phoenix area!