PDA

View Full Version : Prospective 18X with questions for success.

Viritual
03-10-2012, 01:04
Hello I am a 22 year old looking for something better in life. After reading "Horse Soldiers" and "The only thing worth dying for" I have decided that I would love a chance at becoming a SF soldier. I have just set out on learning all I can to prepare for the experience to becoming a SF soldier. I am the type of person who likes to be prepared for what I might encounter on that trip. I have just finished reading "chosen Soldier" by Dick Couch in order to get an overview on the training that I will encounter on my way but while reading it I have realized that I have way more to learn in order to properly prepare. I am hoping that anybody on here might know of some resources that they feel might prepare a man for the training that I will face.

In addition I do understand how intense the training is even to reach the Pre-SFAS course but I am confident I can make it as far as I need to go and even if I don't make it I will be happy anywhere in the military.

Any response would be highly appreciated, Thank you!

blue02hd
03-10-2012, 06:44
1. Learn to Follow Instructions. The odds of you ever donning a Green Beret are next to nil and never if you cannot demonstrate the ability to follow instructions.

2. Re-read the intro letter that the Admins emailed you after you registered for this site. You posted your intro in the wrong area, but I am sure an Admin will correct that soon.

3. Read more, search more, and read again prior to starting a new thread.

4. Don't start a new thread until you have finished steps 1 thru 3.

Good Luck with your goals young Padi Wan. The Navy needs good men too,,,,