PDA

View Full Version : PCS can I delay moving my dependent?

Neophyte
03-08-2012, 15:39
I have been researching this question online and asked friends I keep in contact with that are military or vets and have yet to come up with a solid answer. I want to ask here because the 18D school is so long (far far in the future I know but me and my wife are writing up plans for various contingencies) and I'm hoping a QP might have had this issue or known someone who has.

Simply put, can I use the PCS benefits to move my wife *after* to Fort Bragg after I have already been the 18D pipeline for a while (I wouldn't use the benefits)?

Me and my wife have personal reasons for wanting this delay, so if a QP would like the details, feel free to ask :)

Eagle5US
03-08-2012, 18:11
Your best bet would be to ask your local transportation office.
There may be regs that allow a delayed PCS of dependents that we don't know about. You would be MUCH better served getting from the AUTHORITY (i.e. Transportation) than you would from any individual personal experiences that we may be able to share.

As backwards as it may sound, all home station Transportation offices are NOT on the same sheet of music when it comes to what is and what isn't allowed / done.

Good luck in the course and with your family.

Dusty
03-08-2012, 18:43
In my day, we just used to get a divorce. ;)

Eagle5US
03-08-2012, 18:47
He needs at least two years team time for that Dude....you know the timetable.:rolleyes:

x SF med
03-08-2012, 19:02

He needs at least two years team time for that Dude....you know the timetable.:rolleyes:

You guys are old... :eek: like 3 Phase Q Course Old... Nowadays divorce has a stigma...:p

Dusty
03-08-2012, 19:11
You guys are old... :eek: like 3 Phase Q Course Old... Nowadays divorce has a stigma...:p

Yeah, well, nowadays, you can marry your Jr. Medic. :D

blue02hd
03-08-2012, 19:18
Yeah, well, nowadays, you can marry your Jr. Medic. :D

The hot chick sitting next to me in this hotel bar just got up and walked away after I snorted jack and coke all over her.

You now owe me a drink for not using proper font and color!

Just glad I wasn't home,, this site has claimed more than one keyboard,,,,,,

:eek:

ZonieDiver
03-08-2012, 19:33
The hot chick sitting next to me in this hotel bar just got up and walked away after I snorted jack and coke all over her.

You now owe me a drink for not using proper font and color!

Just glad I wasn't home,, this site has claimed more than one keyboard,,,,,,

:eek:

How hot was she? (or... How many Jack and Cokes had you consumed? :D:D)

blue02hd
03-08-2012, 20:21
How hot was she? (or... How many Jack and Cokes had you consumed? :D:D)

She was pretty hot before I read Dusty's post, now the fat ugly cow is talking to a bald businessman from Tulsa.

I will not offer a round count at this time as the range is still open.

mark46th
03-15-2012, 08:16
Blue- Sacrilege! Jack Daniels mixed WITH Coke?!?! Jack is a sippin' whiskey not a cocktail ingredient...

NSL
03-17-2012, 02:59
Thank you so much or the laugh blue.