PDA

View Full Version : Bco 1/20th SFG(A), new home

Surgicalcric
03-07-2012, 17:00
Well a couple days ago it was announced at this years GTMS conference that Alabama is losing an SF company to North Carolina. Since Aco is the favored company in the BN it looks like it will be Bco that will be moving to Albemarle, NC with the UIC being stood up sometime about 01 Oct '13.

With this move, NC will have two SF companies from two different BNs (1st and 3rd BNs) and the team guys that move with the company will then have a state that supports them, unlike Alabama generally.

JJ_BPK
03-07-2012, 19:19
Are they going to billet near Bragg??

I was thinking Florida should move C/3/20th over by the 7th SFG.

Makes to much sense??

:munchin

2018commo
03-08-2012, 05:30
Well a couple days ago it was announced at this years GTMS conference that Alabama is losing an SF company to North Carolina. Since Aco is the favored company in the BN it looks like it will be Bco that will be moving to Albemarle, NC with the UIC being stood up sometime about 01 Oct '13.

With this move, NC will have two SF companies from two different BNs (1st and 3rd BNs) and the team guys that move with the company will then have a state that supports them, unlike Alabama generally.

Times have changed, seems like we endured constant pressure to keep our numbers up or have C-1-20 returned to Decatur, and eventually the guidon went to MA. I would love to know what was bartered to pull this off, but this will be a great loss to the organization and the State of Alabama.

Traweek
03-08-2012, 19:43

Surgicalcric
03-08-2012, 20:31
I am hoping the same thing J. After all it is 5-1/2 hours closer to home.

abc_123
03-09-2012, 18:45
Times have changed, seems like we endured constant pressure to keep our numbers up or have C-1-20 returned to Decatur, and eventually the guidon went to MA. I would love to know what was bartered to pull this off, but this will be a great loss to the organization and the State of Alabama.

Not exactly a spur of the moment thing. Wheels set in motion some time ago. The decision on location and exact date of the move was deferred and only finalized recently now that the new Director is on board. When the ARNG grows the GSB within the SFGs it will go to AL (naturally). Same with the GTSC. Not sure what other, non-SOF structure it will get, if anything.

Re stationing of units is an emotional thing; no taking that away. It remains to be seen, however, if it will be a loss to the organization. The ARNG leadership's call is that it will better the organization. NC has filled the SF structure that it has (and then some) and has actively sought more. Now, I guess we'll all see if they can put their money where their mouths are.

hakuda
03-12-2012, 17:53
Albemarle is close to Charlotte. It is a good armory with alot of excellant operational assets very close by. We sent a couple of guys up to scope it out in early Jan. and it beat out the other locations hands down. With it being on the west side of the state it will be better for giving 5th GP guys a viable option as well as still allowing Bragg guys to stay in state.

In speaking with our CW4 back in RoRap, he said he would be surprised if it wasn't at 90% strength within a year or less. I know myself and our Training NCO that is currently in SFWOC will likely be moving as it is closer to our families. I'm sure IST's, while slow and painful sometimes, will be no issue if someone wants to stay in the unit.

With all that being said, I believe this has been in the works for a while. NC has shown alot of love to our unit and no doubt will extend that same sentiment to the new unit. Our last TAG, LTG Ingram was sold on SF (lots of range time with us might have helped). He left NC and became the Director of the Army National Guard. I would bet that may have had an impact as well.

Richard
03-12-2012, 17:58
I heard there's a SGM Latuli who might be interested in the ODB SGM slot there... :rolleyes: :D

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

koz
03-12-2012, 18:31
I heard there's a SGM Latuli who might be interested in the ODB SGM slot there...

And so it goes...

Richard ]

Not even funny - even in pink font.... :mad: .....:D

Surgicalcric
03-12-2012, 19:02
I heard there's a SGM Latuli who might be interested in the ODB SGM slot there... :rolleyes: :D

And so it goes...

If only the active duty CoC had taken care of his sorry ass as they should have.

That said, I know of a few others the AD CoC let slide as well.

Crip

Surgicalcric
03-12-2012, 19:07
...In speaking with our CW4 back in RoRap, he said he would be surprised if it wasn't at 90% strength within a year or less. I know myself and our Training NCO that is currently in SFWOC will likely be moving as it is closer to our families. I'm sure IST's, while slow and painful sometimes, will be no issue if someone wants to stay in the unit...

I know a good many guys (probably about 2 ODAs worth) who are going to IST, even though it will be a further drive than just transferring to Aco, just to get out of Alabama. This includes 2 of the current AGR guys and a team sergeant whom many in the BN are hoping makes SGM this year (should happen if the Alabama good-ole-boy network doesn't get in the way and screw him, again.)

We will see what the future holds for the company for sure.

Richard
03-12-2012, 19:58
Ah - Guard politics - I remember seeing that when we were on a tng/eval of the 19th at Camp WG Williams and thinking, "Man, glad I'm active duty." ;)

And so it goes...

ZonieDiver
03-12-2012, 22:17
Ah - Guard politics - I remember seeing that when we were on a tng/eval of the 19th at Camp WG Williams and thinking, "Man, glad I'm active duty." ;)

And so it goes...

I used to see it a lot at that same place and with that same unit. It made me glad I was in the USAR... until the lack of some of that 'politicking' helped two USAR SF Groups disappear!

hakuda
03-14-2012, 21:23
At this point, B-3-20 has been in NC since late '04. We don't have any long tabbers in any positions in Raleigh. That leaves the state good 'ol boy sytem out of play until you want to move out of the SF world. Staying in the unit, it becomes a Group, BN thing.

NC really has treated us well. We have made alot of good solid contacts/friends. We are regularly asked to assist other units with training (mostly BRM) and that serves well for networking and recruiting.

I believe the new unit will fall right in without any problems. As for guys transferring, we have to wait for the MTOE to be published and that should give us the solid number of AGR slots.

JJ_BPK
03-15-2012, 03:31
At this point, B-3-20 has been in NC since late '04. We don't have any long tabbers in any positions in Raleigh.

Pls x-splain?

The unit is 8 yo and no-one has completed SFQC??? :confused:

Surgicalcric
03-15-2012, 06:28
Pls x-splain?

He meant there aren't any SF guys working at the NCNG state HQ in Raleigh.

One of the problems with having guys at state is where their loyalties lie and what there intentions are. Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.

hakuda
03-15-2012, 12:37
He meant there aren't any SF guys working at the NCNG state HQ in Raleigh.

One of the problems with having guys at state is where their loyalties lie and what there intentions are. Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.

That's exactally what I meant. My apologies for the confusion. We have a couple of people that are at the point they could move on and spread the good word, but are holding until the new unit gets here.

lindy
03-15-2012, 12:48
Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.

You, SSG, are wise well beyond your years. I'm modifying your quote and will proceed to steal it.:D

2018commo
03-15-2012, 14:57
"Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG."

That is one of the one liners I have read on this site lately; unfortunately it was not meant to be satire. Applies to a couple other states too.

Richard
03-15-2012, 15:55
Currently, at least in Alabama, there are too many NG guys in SF and not enough SF guys in the NG.

You could place 'em here:

Headquarters
13th Science Fiction Group (Ash and Trash)
1st Social Favortism Regiment (Territorial Reserve)
1313 17th Street E
Palmetto, FL 34221**

CDR - COL (self-proclaimed) William Hiller
DCO - LTC (honorary Spetznaz self-proclamation) John Giduck
SGM - SGM (self-abused) John Letuli

"I must say, that after spending the day with Colonel Hiller and his fine outfit of young tigers, I was impressed and just want to tell you that I think he's got himself one heck of a group of gung-ho Americans we can all be proud of out there."

- President Barack Obama after visiting the 13th for a recent CAPEX

** Google maps

chemical cookie
03-21-2012, 19:39
I know a good many guys (probably about 2 ODAs worth) who are going to IST, even though it will be a further drive than just transferring to Aco, just to get out of Alabama. This includes 2 of the current AGR guys and a team sergeant whom many in the BN are hoping makes SGM this year (should happen if the Alabama good-ole-boy network doesn't get in the way and screw him, again.)

We will see what the future holds for the company for sure.

You wouldn't be talking about who I think you are are ya?! :D

JCJ
07-11-2012, 06:46
I transferred recently due to the distance of travel. I hear from some friends from other ODA's that instead of having to transfer out of the state they are rolling over to A Co..

Surgicalcric
07-11-2012, 07:33
...I hear from some friends from other ODA's that instead of having to transfer out of the state they are rolling over to A Co..

That is in fact the case. For many the distance to the new location is prohibitive for them so they are just transferring to Aco. The guys who are ISTing from Alabama are the guys who arent a part of that good-ole-boy network in 'Bama and/or are fed up with the shenanigans that went on, due to a lack of true leadership, during this last rotation. Hopefully the new 1st BN CDR will not be like the last...

There are also a few who have completely transferred to CF units as well waiting to see how things shake out. This last trip really soured a lot of good SF guys.

JCJ
07-13-2012, 07:48
That is in fact the case. For many the distance to the new location is prohibitive for them so they are just transferring to Aco. The guys who are ISTing from Alabama are the guys who arent a part of that good-ole-boy network in 'Bama and/or are fed up with the shenanigans that went on, due to a lack of true leadership, during this last rotation. Hopefully the new 1st BN CDR will not be like the last...

There are also a few who have completely transferred to CF units as well waiting to see how things shake out. This last trip really soured a lot of good SF guys.

When I made my move I played the political angle to make sure where I went was going to be a change and I even considered talking to some good friends with 3rd and even 7th. I did meet the incoming CDR seems very pro active time will tell for sure. Unit has great guys in the teams for sure. Some did go to CF and others are going to take "the long walk". The team I was lucky enough to get picked up by is full of pipe hitters and I seem to be a good fit again time will tell!

It was nice to get a good verbal thrashing from and unnamed entity and the whole time he stared at the floor! HMMMMMM no eye contact makes ya think.......

The last trip was tough for sure...... I am sure I do not have to add to whats been said.

Jdad3406
08-21-2012, 12:02
I hope this is not a question that has already been answered. When will Bco be accepting applicants for SFRE? The future site is closer to me then B/3/20th is and would be interested in starting the process or at least getting the information I need.

Thank you

hakuda
08-21-2012, 17:57
The unit hasn't stood up as of yet. There is still an AGR position to be filled and everything is still in the process of getting up and running. If I had to ballpark it, I would say beginning of the year at the earliest depending on how quickly things can be put into place.

If you are in a hurry, we are still running the program at B/3/20. PM me if you need contact info.

D9 (RIP)
08-28-2012, 23:02
Pls x-splain?

http://johnmasson.com/The_Story_Of_A_True_America.html

Q-course: completed.

:rolleyes: