PDA

View Full Version : Slide Fire SSAR-15 SBS "Bump Firing"

jrygalski
03-06-2012, 11:44
I haven't seen mention of this and since I just installed it I figured I would start a thread for discussion, feedback and questions...

I just bought one from a store in Ft Worth, TX. Total after shipping was $393 and change.

It installed quickly and easily with no special tools.

Technique is called Bump Firing. Concept is that you no longer "squeeze" the trigger but rather slide the upper receiver forward. It gives my AR a sustained rate of fire of ~ 900 rds/minute and very controllable bursts in two, three or xxx rounds...

The company also sends a copy of an ATF letter acknowledging that this device is legal by fed standards. State laws may prohibit in various states though...

Put two 30 round mags through it and can see with some dedicated practice, accuracy will not be a problem and recoil is nothing...

If you want to or need to add to your arsenal or just have a new shooting technique, I recommend it favorably...

Jim

(the above is not a paid endorsement of any kind, i don't have that kind of time hahaha)

glebo
03-07-2012, 09:22
Hey Ski,

My son-in-law has one, works just the video, it's the shit. I haven't personally tried it, but he's gun savvy enough to give it an eval...."two thumbs" up

Sad to say, I haven't been to the range lately...:(