PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Consumer Preview

BOfH
02-29-2012, 15:30
It has arrived: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview

I have yet to test it out, for those who have or will be in the next few days, please post your experiences/opinion.

fasteddie565
02-29-2012, 16:32
As per MS timing, this is probably one of those, we need to sell a new OS to keep Bill in the money.

Remember this....

Win 95 SUCKED
Win 98, what 95 should have been
WIN Millennium SUCKED
Win XP what millennium should have been
Win Vista SUCKED
Win 7 what Vista should have been
Win 8.....

Anyone else see the pattern here?

Kyobanim
02-29-2012, 17:33
I tested the developer's preview and was impressed. Even still, the MAC devs I work with are looking forward to this more than the rest of us. The potential, in their words, is huge.

Windows 7 as well as Server 08 are Vista at the core. Just goes to show it's all about marketing

BOfH
02-29-2012, 17:46
As per MS timing, this is probably one of those, we need to sell a new OS to keep Bill in the money.

Remember this....

Win 95 SUCKED
Win 98, what 95 should have been
WIN Millennium SUCKED
Win XP what millennium should have been
Win Vista SUCKED
Win 7 what Vista should have been
Win 8.....

Anyone else see the pattern here?

My boss has the same line of thinking, time will tell... :munchin

I tested the developer's preview and was impressed. Even still, the MAC devs I work with are looking forward to this more than the rest of us. The potential, in their words, is huge.

Windows 7 as well as Server 08 are Vista at the core. Just goes to show it's all about marketing

Read quite a bit on it, but have yet to test it, I will probably throw is on some spare hardware next week, or maybe test the Windows To Go feature on an existing machine. What impressed you most?