PDA

View Full Version : shooting range in San Antonio TX

frostfire
02-28-2012, 19:29
ladies, gents,

do you have a recommended range to go near Camp Bullis or Ft Sam Houston? Perhaps also one with GSSF/IDPA/IPSC, NRA High Power or two/three gun matches?

Google yields plenty with good info and websites. Dietz gun shop seems promising with venues for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. However, I value insight of most members here when it comes to tools that go bang and places to drive those tools legally and safely :)

SpikedBuck
02-28-2012, 20:40
I like "A Place to Shoot." I'm not a 3-gun guy, but they have all three types of ranges...it is on the south side of SA, just outside loop 410...pull them up on the web at http://aplacetoshoot.com/.

Santo Tomas
02-29-2012, 07:16
I like to go to Bullis. Inexpensive, never crowded. Explain what you want to do to the range master and as long as its safe you're GTG.

frostfire
02-29-2012, 15:13
I like to go to Bullis. Inexpensive, never crowded. Explain what you want to do to the range master and as long as its safe you're GTG.

thanks a lot, Santo Tomas!!

I just searched for it and it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, albeit the limited hours on weekend only. It's restricted to dod-card holder so that may explain the lack of crowd :D Sounds like McKellars here at Bragg but without archery range, MUCH cheaper rate, and LESS goers. I'm going to get dope for the 5.45 up to 300m w/ the StraightJacket AK74