PDA

View Full Version : Kel-tec KSG 12ga bullpup shotgun

JJ_BPK
02-17-2012, 07:30
An interesting design. Two under barrel tubes hold seven(7) 3inch 12ga each, for a total of 15rds (7+7+1 in the chamber). At 26+ inch length, it's a nice little package..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638QRLqUyc

Dove hunters are going to love this... :D

Barbarian
02-17-2012, 09:00
Looks interesting. My only concern about bull pup weapons is that the chamber is usually located right beneath your cheek weld. Perhaps my caution is undue, but it seems like things could go wrong there.:confused:

Ambush Master
02-17-2012, 09:28
An interesting design. Two under barrel tubes hold seven(7) 3inch 12ga each, for a total of 15rds (7+7+1 in the chamber). At 26+ inch length, it's a nice little package..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638QRLqUyc

Dove hunters are going to love this... :D

Quail hunters maybe, but not Dove or any other migratory bird. Total round capacity (including chamber) is limited to 3!!

Later
Martin

Streck-Fu
02-17-2012, 09:30
This has been in development for a while. I hope it goes better than their RFB.

They claim to address shooter safety through design. Something about deflecting energy downward away from the face of the shooter.

Back to the RFB reference, I shot one and it was tons of fun to shoot. They just had some development problems with reliability that I'm not sure they resolved. I hope they learned the lessons and applied them to the shotgun.

The Reaper
02-17-2012, 17:43
At SHOT the KSG shotgun was on display (again).

They said that they are shipping 500 per week, but they already had a backlog of 10,000 when they started production.

If you want one badly enough, there are plenty on GunBroker.com. You are just going to have to pay two or three times the MSRP to get one right now.

I have learned not to be an early adopter, especially from Kel-Tec. They will get them right. Eventually. And the price will come down.

TR

akv
02-17-2012, 21:13
FWIW, a friend who tried one out had the following issues;

1) rail on the pump came off early in the session, molded plastic.

2) easy to short stroke.

3) more than once spent shells failed to extract, jamming the next round in the chamber.

His advice echoes TR, wait a while till they fix these glitches.

JJ_BPK
03-22-2012, 06:01
FWIW, a friend who tried one out had the following issues;

His advice echoes TR, wait a while till they fix these glitches.

FYI,, Jeff posted an update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLDsgGgE5UM

The prices on gunbroker start around 1K USD.. :mad:

At these prices,, I'll wait..

DJ Urbanovsky
03-22-2012, 07:20
I keep hearing this about the gun, and whenever I do, it just makes me think that people don't know how to run a pump gun. Easy fix for that is every time you cycle it, you ram it to the rear until it stops. Operator headspace and timing issue.

I hope they resolve the other issues with this gun and ramp up their production, because I'm quite interested. It's America's Neostead.

2) easy to short stroke.

JJ_BPK
03-22-2012, 07:37
I keep hearing this about the gun, and whenever I do, it just makes me think that people don't know how to run a pump gun.

Easy fix for that is every time you cycle it, you ram it to the rear until it stops.

Agreed, I think a lot of people start to feel the tension of the loading gate and think it's ready to go forward.

I still like my old M37 with it's slam-fire action.. :D

MST
03-22-2012, 13:22
Though unique in design the weapon lacked the stength and durability for law enforcment and combat. The gun is chambered in 2 3/4 ( we shot 3 in and it worked) but like Kel-Tec products it had way to much plastic and a hollow hand grip that eventually split. We beat the crap out of that gun and it broke under 100 rounds...... probably because of the 3 in but hey,,,,,,,,, when in Rome. Neat gun for a safe queen.

Kyle from Alaska

gus7
08-02-2012, 12:25
Though unique in design the weapon lacked the stength and durability for law enforcment and combat. The gun is chambered in 2 3/4 ( we shot 3 in and it worked) but like Kel-Tec products it had way to much plastic and a hollow hand grip that eventually split. We beat the crap out of that gun and it broke under 100 rounds...... probably because of the 3 in but hey,,,,,,,,, when in Rome. Neat gun for a safe queen.

Kyle from Alaska

for what i have seen of KEL-TEC over the years is wrapped up its lack of Q/C , toys at best .......now if the Q/C comes up with C/S/ as well now add in the manufacturing numbers too ....great !