PDA

View Full Version : Introductions V

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Team Sergeant
02-08-2012, 09:19
Make your first post here:

lazyrider89
02-08-2012, 13:21
I am 22 years old and am stationed at BAMC. It has always been my dream to become a "Green Beret". I am eager to learn all i can from the vast amount of resources available on this site.

threatlevelorange
02-08-2012, 21:53
Hello. I am a guest. My name is Jesse. I am a senior citizen who has supported the Military and Law Enforcement community since I was a little kid. I have been a Class 3 FFL Dealer for more than 40 years. I have attended extensive tactical training at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, The Lethal Force Institute and many more lesser known but important schools.

I was one of the first licensed Professional Parachuting Instructors by the USPA. I hold USPA Gold Wings #350, USPA D (EXPERT LICENSE) 2529, SCR#381. My last jump in 1981 was #1,256.

I graduated from the University Of Saint Thomas in 1974 With a Political Science/Pre Law degree.

I am proud to say I know some of your members, who will go un-named.

I am a North Texas Patriot Guard Rider with about 75 missions completed over the last couple of years.

All I can say is "Thank you for your service. You are American Heros".

Jesse

Ambush Master
02-08-2012, 22:16
Hello. I am a guest. My name is Jesse. I am a senior citizen who has supported the Military and Law Enforcement community since I was a little kid. I have been a Class 3 FFL Dealer for more than 40 years. I have attended extensive tactical training at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, The Lethal Force Institute and many more lesser known but important schools.

I was one of the first licensed Professional Parachuting Instructors by the USPA. I hold USPA Gold Wings #350, USPA D (EXPERT LICENSE) 2529, SCR#381. My last jump in 1981 was #1,256.

I graduated from the University Of Saint Thomas in 1974 With a Political Science/Pre Law degree.

I am proud to say I know some of your members, who will go un-named.

I am a North Texas Patriot Guard Rider with about 75 missions completed over the last couple of years.

All I can say is "Thank you for your service. You are American Heros".

Jesse

TLO (Jesse) is known to me. Any ??s send a PM!!

Later!!
Martin

APJ
02-08-2012, 22:26
I am a 19 year old student at Limestone College. I've wanted to join the Army for as long as I can remember, and I'm competing for an Army ROTC scholarship.

I've been looking around the site for a bit before I joined, and I've already learned a lot. I look forward to learning even more.

APJ

DIYPatriot
02-09-2012, 10:01
First, let me give thanks to those that have served, are serving and are going to serve. Without you, I couldn't be here today living the life I do and I mean that. I'm completely grateful and so very humbled by the sacrifices of those before me and after me.

I grew up under the guidance of Marines, a couple Soldiers and a mother that could whip the hell out of all of them, especially me. I'm a father, son, brother and husband. When my grandfather passed, he gave me two things I keep with me today - his '72 Chevy Pickup and stories from his time in Europe.

To hear him tell it, he was nothing less and nothing more than a Soldier. Through his distant recollections and the faded pages of his mind, he shared most of his stories with me at night sitting around a campfire. Not once did he ever talk about himself. He always talked about "the others" and how they were the heroes and how he "was just doing his job" for the ones to his left and right.

To me, he was my hero. Growing up, heroes weren't men in pads and a jersey. Their names were on the front of their uniform and stamped in metal or carved in granite. They hardly ever appeared on TV and were often never thanked by the media.

Their sacrifices sealed the fates of so many that would follow them. Their castles? At most, a tent. Their moats? A trench. A beach-front vacation was only a few seconds unless they survived their amphibious assault. They didn't dodge drafts, they dodged bullets and mortars.

I'm not sure how I could ever possibly contribute to this website, but I'll always give my most humble thanks to the QP's and my prayers to the Lord.

Seth

Horrible
02-09-2012, 16:17
Glad to be here.

TheCadot
02-09-2012, 21:31
First off, I'd like to say thanks to all who served, and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

My name in Jonathan R., I attended Valley Forge Military College through their Early Commissioning ROTC Program on a full ROTC scholarship, and was actually talking to our NG recruiter about possibly SMP'ing with 20th Group in Fort Meade (though, he might've been blowing smoke up my ass being I was a Cadet).

Shattered my wrist in 5 places (Scaphoid and Triquetrum) and didn't recover on time to contract and had to pull out of the program.

Honestly, I didn't feel the calling to be an officer as much anymore, and decided to enlist on active duty and am currently awaiting an 89D (EOD) contract, once I get my full driver's licence (thanks, New York State).

Someday, way down range, when I'm older I hope to be able to get Selected and join Special Forces.

Until then, I'll be expanding my knowledge reading posts on the forum.

God Bless America.

Mauser98
02-09-2012, 23:15
Hello all.
16 years old and a current student pilot in Hawaii. I race pretty much any cycling, swimming, running or triathlon event up to and including 24 hour events and ultras. Working towards becoming a military pilot and and this involves attaining a 300 APFT score (amongst other fitness goals) to make me more competitive for WOFT so I've set SF level fitness as a goal.

Highly interested in the information offered on this website. (e.g. survival, fieldcraft, cool little engineer projects etc) As you can tell, I also enjoy shooting firearms etc. I chose this forum specifically because you are a funny lot (I mean that in a good way) and appreciate your sacrifices in keeping us safe.

JYD73
02-10-2012, 17:43
Greetings, my name is Neil, I heard about this site while doing research to help a friend of mine. I am a Veteran, but nothing special and nothing extraordinary. I made an introduction on “introductions IV” but it disappeared. So here I am again! I am researching MACV-SOG and I am very interested in the “Prairie Fire” missions and Hatchet Force operations of mid 1970 to early 1971, as conducted by Command and Control Central. I have been doing research for about one year now and I have discovered a great deal of information, but yet I also know that I have learned very little. I’m mainly here to see if there are MACV-SOG warriors of that time period and if I can learn more than what is in the books and archives. I am interested in the interaction of MACV-SOG and Regular Army at the time, along with the political climate. I am very interested in their posts and would like to listen to what they have to say. The main thing I have found in reading about MACV-SOG is absolute awe of the missions and accomplishments of such a few, and how little information there actually is about these accomplishments and missions. Hat’s off to all you MACV-SOG warriors out there and I hope you don’t mind me reading your posts.

Respectfully
Neil

christophery
02-10-2012, 20:24
Hi, my name is Christopher and I am a 24 year old new yorker. At present I am recovering from a work related injury but I intend on pursuing an 18x contract for a shot at selection.

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, however I only recently registered so that I can utilize the search feature. Thank you for providing these forums as they contain a wealth of information and is more than what I could hope for when it comes to preparing myself for this endeavor.

Best regards,
Christopher

Doc_Shane
02-11-2012, 10:40
I am a former Medic (91B20) and former FMF Corpsman, served 18 years total before getting medically separated, so my purpose for being here is simply to read and learn.

SF soldiers have always had my utmost respect, the Marine units I was in were at best "medium speed" so I will stay in my lane and comment only on things I am qualified to comment on.

bama23
02-11-2012, 13:45
First of all let me thank the creators of this site. I have learned so much from the advice and experiences of others that has been posted here. I heard about the site from a friend in my battalion who has recently gone to SFAS.
I am a Firefighter/Paramedic for the city of Atlanta as a civilian and senior medic for A co. 1/167th Inf. MY purpose of joining the site is to gather more information about my MOS and to pass that information along to others.
If you have any other questions about myself feel free to ask.
Make your first post here:

VanZwieten
02-11-2012, 14:07
I'm CDT VanZwieten, a ROTC cadet at Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL.

A little about myself: I am pursuing an Aerospace Engineering degree and loving it. I'm hoping to branch engineers out of college. I take PT very seriously and have been maxing the APFT for a couple of years now, though I know I still have a lot of progress to make physically and mentally.
I like any game that takes a lot of strategic or tactical thinking and don't like a lot of shooters for that reason. I feel at my absolute best when I'm backpacking with my home on my back.

I am interested in Army Special Forces because I believe it is the only way to win the war on terror. I think that social evolution will cause humanity to realize that most of the solutions we're looking for lie in basic relationships, and as I understand it SF is based on making solutions informed by relationships with local people.

All this is to say: thank you gentlemen for your selfless service. Our Army is imperfect and makes mistakes, but you guys lay down your lives and do your best for my own freedom, so in my book you are praiseworthy.

bjones
02-11-2012, 16:05
Hi there... I'm a sophomore at Grove City College in Grove City, PA. My hometown is Bedford, Indiana.

I'm currently a varsity swimmer, water polo player and Eagle Scout. My other activities are listed in my profile.

I am looking to enlist as an 18x within the next few months. I have been reading threads on this site for a few months now, and I appreciate all the information that has been made available.

Thank you.

No need in having your name in more places than necessary on the web. Welcome.

BenATX
02-11-2012, 16:28
Howdy,

My name is Ben, I briefly served in HHC 160th SOAR(A) at FTCKY. Glad to be here, and thank ya'll for all the wisdom shared.

Cheers,

Dan Lenson
02-11-2012, 21:41
Hello,

I'm an AGR member -- E5 type -- of a water purification unit in Michigan.

I'm an old dog, but you couldn't pay me to be a day younger.

Grateful for a chance to gain insight & wisdom here.

Smcpart
02-12-2012, 01:03
I am a Police Officer in SoCal. Prior to that I was a Deputy in North Carolina. I was CCT for 5 years active (Pope) and 2 years CCT as an IMA with SOCCENT (MacDill). Been on SOCNET for several years, which drew me here. Thanks for allowing me on your site.

SigDude
02-12-2012, 05:03
My Intro: Joined US Army 1 March 1973 Signal (31B then) Today 25U. Nothing special, Turkey, Desert Storm, Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan X2 and of course Germany (Heidelberg). Will retire Feb 2013 (enough is enough). Patriot Guard Riders, Sons of Liberty riders, & VFW. Lives in South Georgia when not deployed. Currently at Kandahar Afghanistan.

Violent21
02-12-2012, 09:04
Good morning all, first and foremost I would like to extend a "thank you" to all who make this website possible, and to the service that most of the members here have provided for this nation and our people.

I am a prior service U.S Marine Corps infantryman, in which I am nearing the completing of my IRR time. I am actually in the works of trying to get into the U.S. Army which hopes of coming over to your side of the community. Other than that, full-time student here, and I really enjoy a hot beer on a cold day...cheers

R TT
02-12-2012, 21:56
Hello all, I am currently a senior in high school. I plan to join the army right out of high school and enlist with a 18x contract. Reading the posts here has given me great insight, as well as the book "Get Selected". Special Forces is my ambition, my life dream if you will. I wish to serve my country to my fullest extent.

Later

Brian1/75
02-12-2012, 23:26
I served in 1/75 from 06-10. I've been looking at NGSF and I've spent some time lurking the wealth of information here. A thread in general discussion has me screaming at my computer though.

Surgicalcric
02-12-2012, 23:35
I served in 1/75 from 06-10. I've been looking at NGSF and I've spent some time lurking the wealth of information here. A thread in general discussion has me screaming at my computer though.

Welcome Brother.

Crip

JTC
02-13-2012, 13:28
Hello everybody. I've been with the Army for nine years now. I joined the Army 9 years ago at 17 years of age as an infantryman. I've been an 18C with 5th SFG (A) going on four years now. I came across this site while google searching military pro deals. I've never been a huge forum guy, but I might be able to contribute to this forum, as well as take something away.

Violent21
02-13-2012, 22:24
Welcome JTC, I'm sure you can contribute to the abundance of G2 here, and i should say that I have a huge disliking for forums, but this is so well run and monitored, it's the only other one that I frequent (aside from one car forum lol). Again, welcome

CopToSoldier
02-14-2012, 10:02
Hello Everyone,

I've enjoyed reading through the posts the last few weeks. I am currently a DHS Police Officer thinking about joining the Guard. I'm 28, so time is becoming an issue. I'm hoping to make contact with a recruiter who may specialize in Rep-63's. Thanks to all who provide insight and information on this site, as it is a wealth of knowledge to anyone considering joining.

JH

KP34
02-14-2012, 10:46
My name is Jake and am enlisting under an 18x contract. I greatly appreciate the invaluable information provided on the site for anyone preparing for the SF training pipeline. Many thanks.

Tennessee Boy
02-14-2012, 20:04
My Name is Chris and I am currently working with a recruiter for a 18x contract. I have my physical next Thursday then I'll be signing the contract. Many thanks goes out to all you guys for your service and the hardships you faced and overcame. The information here along with Warrior-Mentor's book has been incredible. I can not explain how much the information is/has benefitted me so again many thanks to you guys!

Sincerely,
Chris

The Reaper
02-14-2012, 20:24
Welcome all.

My Name is Chris and I am currently working with a recruiter for a 18x contract. I have my physical next Thursday then I'll be signing the contract. Many thanks goes out to all you guys for your service and the hardships you faced and overcame. The information here along with Warrior-Mentor's book has been incredible. I can not explain how much the information is/has benefitted me so again many thanks to you guys!

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris:

You aren't SF anything yet. Pretty presumptuous of you to assume that title.

Let me know what you would like for a user name.

Or I can pick something.

TR

Tennessee Boy
02-14-2012, 21:48
Reaper,
I'll send you a message with a different name. I can get carried away with the visualization part of "Get Selected" sometimes haha.

Chris

mjbwarrior
02-14-2012, 21:55
I would like to start by saying hello to all and thanks for letting me be apart of the board.

3 years in service
34 yrs old

Yes I joined late in life at 31. No regrets at all...

Oh and one other thing, I am not your stereotypical MI weenie, No World of Warcraft or any other MI weenie stuff here. MI is great but DAMN they are a different breed to say the least. Especially the damn linguists!!! And I'm a linguist!!! WTF!!!

Ambush Master
02-14-2012, 23:04
Reaper,
I'll send you a message with a different name. I can get carried away with the visualization part of "Get Selected" sometimes haha.

Chris

This is CURIOUS, to say the least,.....!!!:munchin

Good Luck Sport!!

Later
Martin

Astronomy
02-14-2012, 23:18
US Army, SGM (RET) / 18Z5V

1977 - 1980: B/2/75

1980 - 31 DEC 2011: SF (mostly 10th), 1-10 Tolz 80-83

Glad to be here.

- Astronomy

Hillclimb
02-15-2012, 21:44
Good evening all,

I'm currently in the Marine Corp reserves drilliing until Jun 2012.

Exploring possibilities within 18x, but will most likely be unable to pursue them due to Prior Service business rules. I like working out, motorcycles and reading(military history).

Thank you all for taking the time to contribute all of the guidance and information here on this online community.

Gus
02-16-2012, 15:24
Hello all I'm currently stationed in Alaska with 25th ID. I had posted an intro into introductions IV, but I guess it got dumped. Thanks to everyone who runs this board, it has helped more than just about any other resource.

Isshin2
02-17-2012, 14:12
Hello, my name is Robert, I’ve been a member here for almost a year. My original intro disappeared as well as my post count reset to zero. So to be on the safe side I’m reposting my intro. I currently hit my 18 year mark in the military. My first three years were with the Navy Reserves and then I transferred over the National Guard back in 1997.

I started out as an Engineer (21R Interior Electrician) moved over to Military Intelligence back in 2005. I worked active duty National Guard back in 2003 with the Counter Drug Program. It was a great job but only lasted me for three years. But thanks to the National Guard’s buddy system and a little nepotism, I was able to land an AGR job with my current unit.

NeptuneSpeared
02-18-2012, 13:28
I posted my intro back in November but it has disappeared so I'll post it again.

My name is James and I'm currently a college student. In the future I plan on applying to OCS and developing the situation from there. Hopefully I'll one day earn the right to wear the green beret.

Hanzo
02-19-2012, 00:15
I posted my intro back in December 2011. It looks like the thread has been deleted.

I am proudly enlisted as an 11X and I go to OSUT on 20120828. I plan on applying to go to SFAS before the year is over.

Xamine
02-19-2012, 00:28
Updated Intro:

My name is John, I am a full-time college student and a part-time personal trainer. As i said in my previous Intro, I was curious about a career with the military, but have since made my mind up; I will have my AAS by the summer, I plan to enlist as an 18x and DEP so that i can ship after graduation.

ByHisBoots
02-19-2012, 13:03
Hey Gents,
I finished the Q in Sept. (18E) and am still kicking around Brag in ILC. Just trying to stay MOS proficient while waiting to go to group.

ma2
02-19-2012, 15:55
Hello,

I wanted to thank all those quiet professionals who have served and who are on this site sharing their insight into a really tough mos. I am a college graduate with a recreation degree and I am currently in DEP for the 18x program and am really excited to have my limits tested. This is my first post and I will take THE REAPER's advice and go gray so that I can get a feel for how you all interact.

iusethisforgood
02-19-2012, 19:49
Hello, former 68W, current 31B here serving in LAARNG as an Operations SGT.

I am training for SFRE later this year and all the challenges ahead. I have 6 years in and a deployment to Iraq and Haiti.

Just here to read and absorb. Thanks.

ian0341fo
02-20-2012, 11:38
Finally getting around to posting my introduction. Active duty USMC, Scout/Sniper Platoon Sergeant, currently serving with 5th Marine Regiment. Looking forward to some good reading!

Dolly
02-21-2012, 08:41
Former AF active and guard. Now seeker of knowledge in all it's forms. I Have the first round in Phoenix it is the least I can do for your service. Thank you and God bless.

Some Guy
02-21-2012, 11:12
Hello to all and thanks for having me! I am 23 years old and I am a PS 82nd (2/504) guy. I was (still am ?) a 25U(commo) and deployed once to Iraq. I plan to re-enlist into the NG SF pipeline and I am here to observe and absorb as much useful info as possible. Im from Providence, RI and have my sights on Aco 2/19th SFG(A) as my "dream job". But, for now that will remain a dream. My current goal is to do whatever it takes to prepare physically and mentally for SFAS. Any like-minded individuals, preferably close to my location, who would like to share a word or two, feel free to PM me. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all around the forum, and abroad as well! Im gonna go do me some PT :lifter ! Later!

NotTheCommoGuy
02-21-2012, 16:21
My name is Kirk;
Some might remember me from 1st Group at Ft Lewis or Okinawa;
I retired from the Army in 1998 out of Okinawa and relocated to Delaware (not one of my best moves); although I did finally find a woman who knows how to put up with (or handle) me.
Anyway, hello to all out there.

Kirk P.

EODtony
02-22-2012, 02:49
I'm an USAF EOD tech, have been for about 11 years now. I've got quite a few deployments under belt in both theatres. Most recently returning from Afghanistan last year where I worked with some 5th Grp guys; really great group of guys!

You guys have a lot of great information on here, thanks for maintaining the forum.

v/r
Tony
EOmfD

average321
02-22-2012, 06:46
So it seems I'm among the group whose intro's have disappeared....I'm an 11B at Ft. Campbell. Got selected Class 02-12 and assigned 18D/Korean. Report to Bragg in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to the "Q" :)

sibs24
02-22-2012, 11:28
Been reading and heeding the information on this site since '08 when I was still a civilian. Got selected in class 10-11, 18D and Dari. I am currently in SOCM.

mnjaneczko
02-22-2012, 22:42
I go before the OCS Review board on 3/13/12. Currently am a Master's student in History, majors of Modern Russia and Political Violence.

Hoping to be selected and work my way into SF as an Officer.

13Fo
02-23-2012, 07:02
I'm Spc S., a forward observer aka Fister, from rockingham N.C. I'm currently deployed to afghanistan and planning to start up the process to go to SFAS as soon as I get back stateside. I made the choice to go this route with some personal motivation and got a lot of help from the insight you guys gave me on this forum. I appreciate you guys for what you do, and thanks a lot for the plethora of information you guys provided.

QOB
02-23-2012, 15:02
An old leg served RA and NG, 11B, served when there was still a US designation...Mainly just looking for a road sign to the donate button...

You have an outstanding site here...

Thanks for the privilege of posting.

twogun
02-23-2012, 21:12
I was a former 18E, then JAG with the 82nd, JRTC, 20th and headed to 3rd this summer as the GJA.

techbomber
02-24-2012, 05:59
Current veteran, hopeful of more military time. Deployed as EOD, looking for information of possible future career paths.
Trying to cover all my bases as to follow simple instructions.

Ret10Echo
02-24-2012, 06:02
...Mainly just looking for a road sign to the donate button...

Welcome All,

At the bottom of the page you will see a link to the Green Beret Foundation.

R10

LGOP
02-25-2012, 10:56
I'm an 11B1P currently deployed to Afghanistan with 1/501 IN(ABN). I'm married with one child, and I've been in the service for a little over two years now. After reading the posts on this forum for several months now I've finally decided to make an account. I appreciate everything you QP's have put together here, there really is tons of information up for grabs.

I was originally planning on joining the Army as an 18X but decided, after listening to advice from my Uncle, to take an Airborne contract in order to see if the military lifestyle will really fit me, and my family. It's been over two years since then and after a lot of deep thought (not much else to do during your downtime while you're deployed) I've began talking to my leadership about going to Selection.

I plan on putting my packet together shortly after this deployment (now that I have the blessing and support of my SO), but for now my focus is on getting through this deployment and milking all of the experience I can from it.

Thank you for this site, and this great opportunity to learn from you guys.

JDHarv3y
02-25-2012, 11:00
OKAY. Let's try this again it seems.

I'm an electrician working in Nashville Tennessee and happily married to my lovely wife Dacia. I have not served in the Military. I do however try to help to raise money for non for profit organizations that help Soldiers and their family's. I also do "Tactical sewing" for friends downrange.

I appreciate the views of the Quiet professionals on this forum and have learned a lot. Thank you for allowing us civi's to enjoy the knowledge and wisdom you all have honed.

-Justin

Switched On
02-25-2012, 13:04
I joined the Army in 2008 as an infantryman, deployed to Afghanistan in 2009, and completed SFAS September 2010. My language is Arabic and my training MOS is 18C. I am currently in the SFQC and coming up on the tail end of the 18C course.

jaxson
02-25-2012, 13:28
Hello,

My name is Jerome and i'm due to ship out to basic training on 20120423. I am extremly excited about beginning my army career, and taking all the necessary steps towards my dream of becoming a Special Forces Soldier. At this point I training my body, and saturating my mind with as much knowledge as it can retain.

Devil2007
02-25-2012, 17:44
Hello, I am currently in the National Guard as a 31-B, but got my release and signed a new contract for 18x. I have some time before I ship out and cannot wait to finally get out of the Guard.

Oso
02-26-2012, 02:58
I am a NG soldier, currently deployed on a MEDEVAC mission. This has been one of the best years of my Army career simply because I have made a noticeable difference on others lives. That feeling of impact is what led me to turn my eye toward SF. I hope to learn from all the free wisdom and advice given on this site to help me determine my best course of action.

DeadlyNedly
02-26-2012, 16:38
I am an active duty grunt, age 28, hoping to get a shot at SFAS sometime this year. I am married with no kids. Thank you for the advice.

JEB
02-27-2012, 07:47
Just trying to stay in the loop.

Retired in Dec. 2005 as a Master Sgt. (E8) then worked as a Contractor at ROBIN SAGE till 2011.
I'm currently living in S.C. and looking into other employment options rather than just being retired.
Served in 1/23 INF (Korea), A/2/75th Ranger, 1/505th PIR, 5th SFG(A), USASOC, 3rd SFG(A), A/1/1 SWTG(A).

mebesteve
02-27-2012, 21:20
Just dropping in and posting hi, got out of the army a few years ago, and I usually dont cruise forums,but i enjoy this one. thanks

Andruuc
02-28-2012, 00:55
I have been in the Army for 7 years, 4 as an Infantryman and 3 as a detailed Army Recruiter. Happy to help with any Recruiting related questions or issues.

PARABAT
02-28-2012, 04:49
Howdy.

I registered in 2006 but this is my first post here.I was still in the British army when I registered so I did not have time to sit in front of the iMac.

I am now a cake eating civilian working as a Maritime security consultant.

My career started in the South African Defence Force with the Parabats at 44 Parachute Regiment.

I then did 12 years in the British Army, 6 years in the Royal Irish Rangers, & then I moved on and spent another 6 years in another Regiment.

I have worked and served ( & gotten drunk ) with the 160 th, some Delta boys, Rangers and the 101 st Airborne.

Currently residing in Africa.

Thanx for having me.
Be safe.

koz
02-28-2012, 11:55
Welcome all to PS.com. Thanks for posting your intros. Search often, read the stickies and enjoy the site.

czs21
02-28-2012, 16:31
Hello all,

Thank you Quiet Professionals and others for this great resource. One day after college, I plan to be a little more familiar with you all. For those that enjoy foreign languages, please PM me if you want someone to learn with or practice with.

Have a good'un.

torturedxeno
02-28-2012, 17:02
Hello everyone. I am a 19-year-old former college student (I finished my general ed but am putting my education on hold for a while) who is currently waiting to leave for Air Force BMT. While I am not going into the Army, I hope to move into Air Force Special Tactics - specifically, Pararescue - once my retraining window opens after three years. I have a lot of respect and admiration for our warriors - past and present - and I'm very interested in the exploits, abilities, missions, etc. of our special operations forces, whether we're talking Special Forces, SEALs, Combat Controllers, Rangers, or some of the more covert ones (NSWDG, 1st SFOD-D, etc.).
I greatly appreciate the work that all the warriors here have done and continue to do, so to all service members reading this - thank you for your service.
Peace.

Malone
02-28-2012, 17:24
Hello to the QP's,

Let me first say thank you for all this invaluable information you guys have accumulated on this site. What a resource! You guys are truly the definition of professional and I thank you for it. Now that I am done giving credit where it is due, let me introduce myself.

I am a student at a University in south Ga. I have been a contracted cadet for a few years now in the Army Reserve. I always wanted to join the military since a child, I love the structure and it is really what I want to do as a career. Since I have been in college, I have maintained a 3.4 GPA with an Engineering degree while balancing ROTC and Mixed Martial Arts club. I have maxed the PT test (we take one every month) for a couple of years straight, I really enjoy physical fitness though I do not believe the APFT is an accurate portrayal of physical fitness. Around 110 PU, 100 SU and a 12:00 2 Mile on average are my scores.

I gravitated towards wanting to be a member of the small family of SOF's whether it be in the Army, Navy or whatever branch I ended up in because I enjoy challenging myself and the jobs they have are second to none. I ended up joining the Army, and since then have really wanted to be a part of the amazing things you guys do with Special Forces. I intend to keep focused on small goals in life, while guiding myself to eventually becoming an 18a. I plan on branching Infantry once I earn my commission, and being the best lieutenant I can be. Hopefully if all goes well, Ranger and SFAS will be next on the list a few years down the road. From there the "Q" course, and if I prove myself worthy, hold on for dear life and do the best job possible if I am a guest on an ODA.

I have been silently studying your world for a while now on this site, I thought it was time to introduce myself. I will keep doing everything I can to become a part of your lifestyles down the road, focusing on the small targets. Keep an eye of for me.

Now to do more pt....

-Malone

fasteddie565
02-28-2012, 17:52
Just trying to stay in the loop.

Retired in Dec. 2005 as a Master Sgt. (E8) then worked as a Contractor at ROBIN SAGE till 2011.
I'm currently living in S.C. and looking into other employment options rather than just being retired.
Served in 1/23 INF (Korea), A/2/75th Ranger, 1/505th PIR, 5th SFG(A), USASOC, 3rd SFG(A), A/1/1 SWTG(A).

JEB,

We tread some of the same earth.

Drop me a note about when you were with The Legion. :lifter

JEB
02-29-2012, 08:43
JEB,

We tread some of the same earth.

Drop me a note about when you were with The Legion. :lifter

PM inbound

jero
03-01-2012, 09:57
stationed in FT LW,
been following this site for over 4 years now.
In YG10 and plan on putting in my packet this december.
Thanks to all the QPs who share their wealth of knowledge to us.

SOF-A FutureSol
03-01-2012, 13:04
HELLO ALL I Am CURRENtly a Future Solder with an 18X CONTRACt that ships to basiC in January of NExt year. I'M higly motivaded and vry fit. I can do 30 pushups in a minute and a half, 50 sit ups in 2 minuts, and my 2 mile time is 18:50. I a,m well on my awy to being a green bert. I can't wait to chat wit all of you/. I hav so muchb to learn. HOOAH

Banned by Richard.

Knight's_Cross
03-01-2012, 18:52
Long Version :D :Ever since I was a child capable of coherent thought, I have wanted to join the United States Armed Forces. I idolized the Men and Women who risked everything to keep me safe. I was in awe of the Uniform from the very first time I could read,"Don't Mess with the U.S."

Having been in fourth grade during Sept. 11th, therefore growing up looking at the fear of the adults around me, seeing true patriotism out and about, really strengthened my sense of duty. I wanted to protect, serve, and accomplish things that most wouldn't dream of attempting. Not out of selfishness, or some misguided "macho Rambo" crap, but because I knew it was something I was born to do. Of course, as a child, the military consisted of shooting imaginary bad guys with cool sticks. Eventually, I grew up and realized that's not what it is about, nor did I find the idea of "shooting people" compelling anymore.

I never fancied myself as special, but the more I read the more I realized I wanted to be a part of a deep, elite, and highly regarded force. I had/have certain wants/needs to fulfill my "dream" of the perfect Special Operations Forces unit. After a lot of (at the time, I was young and more impatient) research, I could find no "group" that really piqued my interest. Let me add a note here. I am not under the impression that our military is geared to satisfy me, I know and understand it is not that way.

Fast forward to High School, where I was enrolled in NJROTC. I excel in the program. Regardless of how you may view it, it gave me the chance to visit Parris Island MCRD twice for two weeks. I loved it. It was "hardcore". It was the most fun I have ever had in my life. Most people call me crazy for it, but I loved the exhaustion, the constant reminder that I was nothing until they told me I was. The notion that to get anything in that world, you had to bust nuts and earn it. Of course, I got all excited in the Marines and I had every intention of joining. The more Marines I talked to, the more I saw, the more I realized they weren't for me. Not because I couldn't keep up or anything, but (no offense here, really) Marines seem to be so geared to fight and no more. I consider myself to be intelligent, and I want to use my brain. I also want to help people, in more ways than one.

Discouraged, my plans faded. The desire and drive never really faded, but I could not find the right path. Somehow, the only SOF I knew of were Navy SEALs, Air Force PJs, and Marine Force Recon. Don't ask me how I missed the entire Army's offerings. I discovered the Army Rangers and Special Forces about a year ago. Rangers enticed me, but again seemed to be geared specifically towards combat, and I don't necessarily want that.

The more I read about the Green Berets, the more interested I became. It never seemed to be a "passing interest" either. I became more and more engrossed in the lore and hardships they (You) have faced. Then, like some cosmic "knucklehead stamp", the realization hit me. All my life, the group I was looking for was right there. Since this realization, I have dedicated my mind and body to the pursuit of a career in a most distinguished path. As I near 20, I grow more and more excited, and yet more cautious, that I grow closer to starting the journey to my goal.

In terms of why I am qualified...I can't tell you. In terms of skills I can build the AR-15 platform from parts (have, I love my civilian AR) and I can build computers from simple components (this is easy, most people can do this). Alas, I have not gone through the training and have no basis in which to say "this or that". I will listen to you, the true Experts and Professionals, instead of making assumptions that will only serve to harm me. You have all done us prospective SF candidates an amazing honor by sharing your time, responses, and history with us. I thank you more than anything, and I hope you know we appreciate your assistance.

My plan? Enlist under an 18x contract, give the training and selection my all, and hope that I come out years from now a member of the closest, most elite Brotherhood there is.

I hope I did not keep you too long, but if you did read all of that, thank you for taking the time. Maybe this little tidbit of who I am will allow you to decide for yourselves if I am someone you would allow by your side someday.

Again, thanks, for everything.

Scutmonkey
03-01-2012, 20:26
Currently a PA (physician assistant) student, about 16 months left. Been in the ARNG for going on six years now. Spent the better half as scout, the later as a medical officer. Joined this site to link up with some professionals and find some info out. Thanks to all that are serving and the ones that are contemplating. The Army has been great to me, as it will to you. Any questions medically, I can try to answer. If I dont have an answer, I will find someone who does.

M.V.M
03-02-2012, 08:18
Hello, I am an Army Reservist and ROTC Cadet. I hold much respect for the Quiet Professionals and hope to one day serve with, alongside or in conjunction with such men.

mkhs
03-02-2012, 17:30
Been reading for years but never registered until now.

I'm from Sweden. I was a conscript as a Fallskärmsjägare (Parachute Ranger) in and around 2000. After my 15 months I got out and worked in construction but missed military life a lot. Opportunities arose and after about a year as a civilian I got back in and I'm still here.

I'll most likely just keep reading rather than post unless I feel I can contribute in some way. Thanks for having me.

d345
03-03-2012, 23:26
Hello. My name is Welch. I currently work in the 75th RGR RGT as a TM LDR.
I've been there for a couple days now and I was thinking it might be time to further challenge myself. I joined this site IOT gather information on opportunities in the SF community and hopefully discuss the transition from Battalion to SF with those who are more experienced than I.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.

The Reaper
03-03-2012, 23:53
Welcome all!

Hello. My name is Welch. I currently work in the 75th RGR RGT as a TM LDR.
I've been there for a couple days now and I was thinking it might be time to further challenge myself. I joined this site IOT gather information on opportunities in the SF community and hopefully discuss the transition from Battalion to SF with those who are more experienced than I.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.

I would recommend that you not mention it to your fellow Rangers.

They will almost certainly not be happy to hear that.

Best of luck.

TR

powerstroke64
03-05-2012, 18:14
Hello im currently in a National Guard unit and wish to gain as much knowledge on this site and possibly go to selection. Thanks for all the information!

Mike

LRK
03-05-2012, 20:25
I am currently in the Army future soldier program. I have a bachelors in Zoology, and my paperwork says 35p. Considering SF, also RASP trying not to count any chickens before basic. I ship out on March 26. This website seems like a great resource.

DeadZeppelin
03-05-2012, 22:15
Hello,
I am a civilian, who is interested in one day being apart of the SF community. I have wanted to become a Green Beret for as long as i can remember. I come from a military family, and feel it is my duty to serve my country, which has given me so much. Thanks to all the QP's that serve our country, and that contribute to this website.

StuckMic
03-06-2012, 22:53
Good afternoon gentlemen. Like my profile states, i'm 25 years old and on AD Army in S. Korea right now. Finishing up my tour here in Nov and then headed to Ft. Riley. Looking at trying to attend SFAS sometime in the spring of 2013. I've just had shoulder surgery to fix a torn labrum and hopefully i'll be all healed up by then. Until then i'm here to absorb as much knowledge as possible. Thank you for your service.

bluejay
03-07-2012, 12:08
I am J, a 19 year old college student who is seeking to make it into SF post graduation. I am here to learn.

No need for your name in more places on the net than it already is. Crip

Chris M
03-07-2012, 15:14
Hello gentlemen.

I'm a former Air Force Reserve cop and now am employed as an 8th grade US History teacher. I'm also doing course work towards earning a Masters degree in Military History since 1945. I had the pleasure of eating breakfast and chatting with a member of the admin here (about a paper I'm working on) and he politely nudged me in this direction as a research tool.

I may ask an occasional question, but will primarily restrict myself to reading and observing.

Mntneers
03-07-2012, 20:55
I had posted in the previous introductions thread, but it has since been deleted.

My name's David and I'm 22 years old. Currently taking time off after completing 2 years of college course work. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Army and would like to secure an 18x contract. Thank you for the great resources here.

Asesino
03-07-2012, 22:53
Howdy,

I've been active duty Army for nearly five years; I've had deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. Had three duty stations, though I'm currently at Ft. Lewis, WA (or Joint Base Lewis-McChord, whatever floats your boat). Planning to attend SFAS before the end of summer, so I'm hoping to learn whatever I can, whenever I can to ensure success.

Shizzam
03-08-2012, 10:30
Hello i'm 21 years old and recently signed an 18x contract. The first step in a very long yet rewarding journey. Thank you to all the QP's and TS's for the vast amount of information on this website. I intend to use as much of this information as possible throughout my army career.

Neophyte
03-08-2012, 15:14
Greetings all,

I am a prior service Marine (AAV Crewman) and currently have an 18x contract (will sign into the 18x thread next).

I would like to say that this is a great website and have found a lot of useful information; I thank all of the QPs who have taken their time to post on this site. The sheer professionalism I see exhibited here here as well as the chance to learn more about the mission of SFs has helped instill the motivation in me to keep up PT and absorb as much pertinent knowledge as I can.

I recently broke my arm (minor but got screws) and am currently waiting for the last paperwork from my doctor so it can go through the MEPS review process, wish me luck, I need it!

BleepAndBloop
03-08-2012, 15:31
18E in country. Any other questions just PM me.

Emerson
03-08-2012, 16:41
Hi I'm 25 years old and go to the University of Nebraska at the Peter Kiewit institute of technology in Omaha for Construction Management/Engineering. I am joining the Colorado National Guard this month and will be applying for SFAS as soon as I get my first opportunity.

BLISTAH
03-09-2012, 10:46
30 year old 11B going to selection in April. I've been a guest on this forum for a while and decided to become a member. Thanks for having me.

Mad_Moracan
03-09-2012, 11:12
Good day to the QP community. I am currently deployed overseas and have had the pleasure of meeting some of your peers.

I am a 13A and awaiting to hear back from the board next month for my shot at SFAS. I look forward to the challenges and tests sure to come.

Although my current primary focus is to continue getting mind and body right for SFAS. My eye's and ear's are open to any advice or skill sets that would help me serve you guys better one day. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all that your community has done and continues to do. Thank you.

-Jeff

jackalcid
03-09-2012, 15:11
My name is Tom. 35P graduating DLI next week. I have my orders to 1st Group. I look forward to learning more about the SF community and doing whatever I can to support the mission.

Noles348
03-09-2012, 15:40
My name is Hunter, I'm 24 years old with a bachelor's degree from FSU. I have always wanted to be a Special Forces soldier and am training now so I can make my dream come true. I'm looking forward to learning more about SF from all of you.

TheChosen
03-10-2012, 01:11
Hi, My name is Andres and currently a 18x-ray. First off I want to thank you all for your service and for all the information that you have laid out throughout the forums. All this information is extremely helpful, though I still have many unanswered questions I will save them til I cannot find the answer in these forums. Lastly I look forward to all the training I will be doing and hope to one day serve amongst the greatest, it will be an honor to be mentored by such great soldiers. God bless those currently serving and those who have served and who will serve our Country.

Viritual
03-10-2012, 18:16
Hello all, I am a 22 year old living in the Pacific northwest. I grew up loving the outdoors, I grew up with the benefit of being exposed to other cultures at a young age and since then I have found a passion in travel and exploring other cultures and histories. I joined sea scouts when I was 14 where I was exposed to Navigation but I have to say that compared to land navigation I only have a good base understanding of some of the skills needed to become SF. At age 17 I began teaching myself advanced swimming techniques and by 19 I became a swim instructor which I am happy with. I enjoy teaching and evolving my teaching abilities by overcoming my limitations in being able to teach certain techniques. I have thought about joining the military since I was very young and now I believe I have found a good route to start on, I plan on working hard to start a career in the army and with a great amount of preparation I plan to attempt the epic that is an 18x contract.

justin25
03-10-2012, 18:57
I was an intelligence specialist in the Navy. I served with NSWG and also had a chance to work with SF in Baghdad. I was highly impressed by them. I am finishing up my degree at Ohio State, set to finish in December. I am going to be enlisting under the 18X program. I am honored and psyched to get my chance to work with some of the most hard charging people.

saved&sanctified
03-11-2012, 12:38
Hello everyone. The names Daniel. I am currently in the DEP under an 18X contract. I look forward to interacting with you all and learning as much as I can. I can only hope to one day become a member of such a prestigious brotherhood.

nomorebf3
03-11-2012, 16:58
Hello,
Currently I am in talks with a recruiter in securing a 11x contract. I am very excited and look forward to a shot at Special Forces. I have some college education, and I love to shot my little pocket 380. I would like to thank all of the Quiet Professionals on this site for their guidance and service.

snowwolf
03-11-2012, 17:30
Hello all,

I am currently attending college for a criminal justice degree and I have one year left. I am seeking an 18x contract after I finish college. I want to thank the QP's for their selfless sacrifice to this country and their participation into keeping this amazing site alive for its wealth of information.

Water
03-12-2012, 01:39
Hello all. Long time visitor to your forums. Thanks for having me.

QuikKlotER
03-12-2012, 22:21
Not new to the forum but it has been a long time since I've been on so a new introduction is in order. Was an emergency room RN for a 2 years before enlisting, now I'm a SPC on active duty soon to be stationed at Eglin AFB attached to 7th group. Starting back on the forum to read about training up for SFAS. Thanks to all the quiet professionals for the vast amount of info on this site. Happy rucking!!!

1stindoor
03-12-2012, 23:32
Welcome aboard everyone.

TXGringo
03-13-2012, 07:52
I'm a college student in Texas, looking to enlist after I graduate, with the ultimate goal being a shot at SFAS. I have one question in particular that needs answering, but I'll be doing my research before I resort to posting it.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has, personal experience with MEPS doctors, the medical waiver process, anything of the sort, I need someone to talk to.

Thanks for yall's service, look forward to reading and learning as much as I can from yall.

dmcgrawjr
03-13-2012, 11:26
I posted an introduction before but now my posts are coming up as zero. So here we go again...
I am an 18Xray leaving for basic 20120508 with two years of university college behind me. I am 20 and I live in southern New Jersey. And if anyone is close by and wants to PT with me let me know.
And also thank all of you for your service in and and all branches.

Sando
03-13-2012, 15:05
Former Cav Trooper, B 3/17. Deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan. Love to read all of the stories, wisdom, and advice that exist on this site. Thank you for letting me partake.

Lyonk71
03-14-2012, 16:35
Hello,

Thank you QP's for maintaining this website and donating your time to this cause. I wish you all the best and hope to maximize the resources which you have generously provided.

Stay safe,

-Lyonk71

mikec1556
03-14-2012, 18:16
Gentleman, Let me first thank you for the vast amount of knowledge that you offer up here and for allowing me to visit as a guest for years until finally deciding to become a member.
I first learned of this site when I was initially enlisting and the advice has guided me through six years in the Infantry. I am ready to take my soldiering to the next level and commit to my goal of being selected for Special Forces. I am currently employed at General Dynamics and going to college at night majoring in Business Management.

11B
Iraq (07-08)
Afghanistan (10-11)
Currently training for SFOP.

mojorod
03-15-2012, 03:42
My intro to the forum.

Miguel R. (Rod), 1st SFG(A) July 1984 - 1996, SFQC 04-84.

ODAs 172 Mountain - 1984 - 1990 (Front row dog show) Dave Bledsoe TM SGT
DLI Thai
ODA 116 HALO 1990- 1991 Tim Martin TM SGT
180A Course
ODA 112 Scout Swim 1992 -1993 Gerald Sheridan TM SGT
ODA 111 Scout Swim 1993 - 1994 Ron Lynch TM SGT
ODB 150 Operations Officer 1994 - 1995
ODA 154 HALO 1995 - 1996
Retired August 1996

Ran with Tex, Mac, John Wade, Mad Max, Barry Sherwood, Bo Nystrom, Bill Snow, Jeff Ingraham and others throughout SE Asia. Cut-away over Bam-Bam DZ in Clark, survived the Typhoon at Green Beach ay Subic:)

Thanks for setting up this forum.

Miguel

Armydawg
03-15-2012, 05:56
Hello,

I am a 24 year old male Army Reserve Soldier. My MOS is military police and I'm also a civilian police officer. I am interested in joining one of the National Guard Special Forces units. I have been deployed twice and feel that I just have not done enough to serve my country and want to be a part of the best. I do not plan on posting anything in this forum but rather read everything I can find.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from your forum.

Blake

shadowbox
03-15-2012, 16:40
Good Day,

I am a college student that has always gone out of my way to help people when no one else wants to. I've done work in search & rescue/disaster relief and have always been at my happiest making a difference in horrible situations. As such, I am training up for a monthly try out with the 19th SFG Guard unit in San Antonio, TX. For the longest I had been looking into US Air Force Pararescue, and even received recommendations for the Air Force Academy...but no other entity, great as they are in their niche, seem to fit what I hunger to do as much as US Army Special Forces.

-Shadowbox

miclo18d
03-15-2012, 16:42
Greetings, My name is David, retired 18D from C-2/7th Served on 765, 760 and 764 between Aug 01 and April 08. I've been hanging on mil.com for a long time and have lurked on here from time to time but after Don showed his back side I decided to come to the place that knows who is and isn't who they say they are.

glenne
03-16-2012, 18:31
About CODEWORD
Biography
US ARMY SECURITY AGENCY-NSA
Served in the following units.
51st USASASOC 1965-1966 Okinawa, 53USASASOC 1966-1967 VIETNAM, 7TH RRFS UDORN, THAILAND 1967

futurewarrior
03-17-2012, 02:40
Hello,

I am 24 and currently in my last semester of college for a degree in Global Affairs, B.A.

I leave for basic with an 11x contract (medical waiver, lasek surgery, disqualified me for 18x) on 20120828 bringing me one step closer to my dream of becoming a Special Forces soldier.

I joined this forum a while ago and I have gained invaluable knowledge while looking around and doing research. I apologize for my late introduction.

-futurewarrior

next_step
03-17-2012, 03:57
Hello, my name is Ryan. I am a 24 year old 68W deployed to Afghanistan. I have also been to Iraq as well. I am an NCO and feel that I have one of the best jobs in the Army. I am currently getting ready for SFAS when time between missions allows it. I hope to get into selection shortly after I return home. I have a lot more to learn on my path to becoming an 18D.

Doktori
03-18-2012, 03:58
18D currently in Afghanistan. My teammate, Brokenvan introduced me to the site and got me to sign up.

Lumberjack12
03-18-2012, 13:38
Hello all! My name is Ross and am currently in college pursuing a major of International Securities and Conflict Resolution (fancy name for International Relations focusing on wars and the like) and Arabic. I am still unsure of what I am doing in the future. I have been lurking around here for some time and have seen what NOT to do, so hopefully I will avoid some of these shortcomings :). I am looking forward to talking to some QP's and maybe getting some advice and more insight in SF world and community. Thanks to the admins who take the time to run this site, and the QP's for giving their wealth of insight and knowledge.

mjd23
03-19-2012, 13:34
Good day readers, soldiers, and quiet professionals,
I currently just enlisted into the PAARNG as an E-1, 11x into the CO A 1/111th INF. My ship date for OSUT is June 19, 2012 and my primary goal is to get my opportunity to go to selection and the Q course and complete that training to attain the green beret. I joined the military to be part of the best and i cannot wait to get my shot to do just that. Im excited for the road ahead of me and this forum has taught me a lot about what i need to know to be successful at training and to be the best. I appreciate all the help you quiet professionals give out. Thank you for the help you've given and for the help in the future.

Cowgomoo
03-19-2012, 19:27
I have been reading this forum for a few months, and have decided to post now that I will for certain be attending SFAS. I just completed my packet and submitted everything to attend SFAS Class 8-12 which begins April 28.

Currently a 25B with only 1yr TIS, so wish me luck.

KimuraFTW
03-20-2012, 13:04
First of all I'd like to thank every military member here for their service as well as the creators of this website.

I'm currently 26 years old and considering joining the Army and pursuing an Option 40 contract. I had considered enlistment when I graduated high school but the idea was met with strong resistance from my family due to my grades and scores in school (A very ignorant view as I have now realized) and I was convinced that college would be my best option. I've always admired the guys in SOF and how they manage to be just as intelligent, mentally tough, physically fit, and skilled as they are badass. My brother served in the Army but the rest of my family is civilian for the most part.

I graduated high school, did 2 1/2 years of college in NC as a Computer Science major (I have yet to finish my degree), returned home to work in the private sector and have constantly been feeling a call to do something more meaningful.

I signed up for this site a couple months ago but am just getting around to posting my intro. In that short period I've learned alot from the QPs here and I'm sure if I ever make it into the community, it will be due in part to the wealth of information, advice, and insight I've picked up while exploring this site.

rebilosserppoed
03-21-2012, 07:43
Hello all,

I Just recently switched from the National Guard to Active Army. My goal was to get an 18x contract and thank God I did. I leave in September to begin the first part of the wonderful journey that is Special Forces. Just looking to gain all of the knowledge I can before I leave. I hope to be able to return the favor one day to someone else.

Thank you to all the Professionals.

Versutus
03-22-2012, 07:54
I've been here since 20110930 reading and learning. I'm finally enlisted (REP63) shipping out in 5 months.

I couldn't find my original intro (was in the last intro thread?).

Dangeresque
03-22-2012, 10:49
I had an introduction in the last Introduction thread, however much has changed since then so it stands to reason that I post a new introduction here.

I just signed my 18x contract and am set to ship out in approximately 6 months. Until then I will prepare myself, both physically and mentally, as much as possible.

Even before I registered on this forum I had learned some valuable information from the content within. I continue to learn by perusing the countless valuable insights made by the QPs and anyone else who has 'been there and done that'. For your service and insights, I sincerely thank you all.

Santo Tomas
03-22-2012, 12:11
I'm a college student in Texas, looking to enlist after I graduate, with the ultimate goal being a shot at SFAS. I have one question in particular that needs answering, but I'll be doing my research before I resort to posting it.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has, personal experience with MEPS doctors, the medical waiver process, anything of the sort, I need someone to talk to.

Thanks for yall's service, look forward to reading and learning as much as I can from yall.

I'm in SA. Shoot me a PM.

ST

Ryan_A
03-23-2012, 22:12
Hi,

Been considering the National Guard for a few years and getting more serious about it as of late. Appreciate the insight this forum has to offer, so wanted to say thanks.

RedRyder
03-24-2012, 14:03
I'm a 30 year old male and I live in California.

I grew up in a military & law enforcement family and from the time I was a kid I wanted to serve. I tried 4 times to get into the service but God/Fate/Life had other plans for me. I was medically DQ'd and disgruntled. At that point I was willing to take what I could get. I just wanted to serve any way I could. After a few years of looking for some way to serve, I found out about State Defense Forces. They are a "state only" version of the National Guard, serving stateside under Title 32. It wasn't federal service, but it beat doing nothing at all.

I've been in the California State Military Reserve for a few years now and I'd say about half of the membership is prior service. I've had the chance to serve and train along side guys who've served all over the world, some of which are Quiet Professionals. The experience has been great. I can never be a Green Beret, but I can learn from what wisdom the members of this site have to offer and hopefully pass that knowledge on to the Guard troops we train.

Shirak
03-25-2012, 11:33
Greetings,
I'm a College Student finishing up next year. The past couple of months I've had some interest in joining the military. Want to dig a little deeper and get more info.

abdelhub
03-26-2012, 10:14
I am a Navy Veteran (6 Years Crypto Tech, DLI-Arabic) and have worked as a Law Enforcement Officer in the Pacific Northwest for the last 12 years. Currently I work in the Marine Patrol/Dive Rescue Unit at my department.

I found this site while doing research on joining the National Guard. I had a particular interest in the Special Forces field. I have been enjoying the threads and have found quite a bit of useful information. Thank you to all of the QP's who have contributed to this forum and for your service.

Mike

Jefe73
03-27-2012, 09:31
Hi, checking in. Retired SF. 3/7 and 2/7 SFGA. Central America- late 70's thru 80's. Glad to be here.

Bue
03-27-2012, 11:37
I am an eight year Marine veteran who recently separated from the Marines and joined the NG. I am currently serving as a recon team leader for 2-124th Infantry in Florida. I am training now for the hopes of a Special Forces career down the road. I have done a lot of reading on this site and have already learned much. Thanks for the site, I look forward to more reading and searching on this journey.

donwillock
03-27-2012, 15:44
Don Willock, 46th SFCA, 69-70, Nam Pung Dam, Udorn, Hua Hin.

EightyDeuce
03-28-2012, 07:00
Hello,

New to the site. I joined to learn, not teach. If I ask any stupid questions, go ahead and call me out on it. It's nice being able to research information on here without getting "airsoft" reviews. One favor...I will ask for all of you to play me a small violin when I say I F'd myself by getting out of the military and never even attempting SFAS. :boohoo Thanks in advance.

Bless you all,
Steve

Troop
03-28-2012, 07:54
Hello gents (and ladies :) ),

My name is John. I served 4 years active duty as an Armor soldier, did the Nat'l Guard business in college, and now work in accounting at a coal mine. I did about all I wanted in the Army but still like to keep up with discussions about it. I have a lot of respect for SF and the other service members out there. Thanks for having me.

(I posted an intro a few months ago but my post count got reset to zero).

h0m3b0dy
03-28-2012, 18:28
greetings,
i am 29 year old father of two from the mid west. i am also the son of a marine (2nd mar div 1982-1984) and novice/amatuer military historian and proud supporter of our troops. let me extend a sincere thank you to all service men and women, and especially to all you special operations forces who go where no one wants to go to do things no one wants to do. you all are truly special indeed. im here to be a humble fly on the wall and occassionally pick the brains of you gifted gentlemen. thank you again and best wishes to all.

Jpett96
03-29-2012, 10:53
Hello,
I am a 16 year old high school student with the dream of becoming a "Quiet Professional," it may seem a bit far-fetched to some but I have the intention of doing anything and everything I can do achieve this dream. I am excited to learn here from the Quiet Professionals themselves.

corey.terry
03-29-2012, 20:07
I am 37 and have been in the military 18 years. I was a Cav. Scout for 9 years and went to selection in 2002 and went through the 18D course in 2004........for those that went to the JSOMTC I was class 02-04. Spent all my team time in 1-10 SFG and have been at the JSOMTC as NCOIC of SOCM TEAM III for almost 2 years.

khy3eb
03-29-2012, 22:55
Reposting intro, not sure what happened to the first one or my other posts but here it goes.

I'm a Native Texan who joined the Army Reserves after three years of college, after being deployed in support of OIF/OND I came back to finish my degree. Married, no kids yet. Studied political science. Currently debating between grad school and law school or going into the workforce for a couple years.

AspiringWarrior
03-30-2012, 11:46
Hey guys,
I'm an active duty Air Force officer, currently working with a TACP unit. I'm looking at making the transition from the Air Force to the Army National Guard sometime next year. Being with the JTACs here, I've discovered I love working in the field and I love being able to work with squared-away troops on the pointy end of the spear. Because of that, I'm actively pursuing a slot at SFAS through the ARNG to see if I have what it takes to lead green berets. To that end, I'm here to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can.

Thanks for letting me join the site.

Quizzical
03-31-2012, 12:36
Active duty Army for the last 9 years, 25 series. Supported 7th Group down in Guatemala a couple of times and was really impressed with the professionalism, demeanor, and attitude of the guys. It was pretty much a culture shock, after being involved with the "Big Army" my whole career.

I am at the "shit or get off the pot" stage of my career. I have a wife and two kids, with my wife being active duty also. I got a job offer making really good money, but sitting at a desk 9 hours a day does not appeal to me. Needless to say, doing my current job the next 9/10 years of my life does not appeal to me either. I am frustrated with the "Big Army" and the constant politics that go with it.

Most of my curiosity is guided towards QP's that have families, and how they are able to deal with it. Now, back to lurking. Cheers.

Solar
03-31-2012, 17:28
College student in the NG.

I've learned a lot from reading posts on this board and
continue to learn everyday.

Thank you QPs and others that contribute in creating such an informative forum.

Solar

Bill Harsey
03-31-2012, 18:20
Hello all! My name is Ross and am currently in college pursuing a major of International Securities and Conflict Resolution (fancy name for International Relations focusing on wars and the like) and Arabic. I am still unsure of what I am doing in the future. I have been lurking around here for some time and have seen what NOT to do, so hopefully I will avoid some of these shortcomings :). I am looking forward to talking to some QP's and maybe getting some advice and more insight in SF world and community. Thanks to the admins who take the time to run this site, and the QP's for giving their wealth of insight and knowledge.

Lumberjack12,
Any chance you come from the timber industry?

I've been catching up on intros, an honor just to read many of them. Thanks all for being here.

Williwams
03-31-2012, 19:37
Hello group,

I am 25 years old, married for almost 6 years and we have one child. I was active duty from 2006-2010 as a 42A (it sucked, but the experience landed me my civilian job) and recently transitioned from the IRR to the USAR as a 38B. Becoming a QP has been a dream of mine sine (about) 2004. I am transferring from the USAR to the COANG. I have begun my training to prepare me for training with 5/19 SFG's SWTD prior to SFAS. Thanks for providing a one stop shop for all my questions thus far. You fellas certainly are Professional Soldiers. Until we speak again,

kw
25 meters

Mistwalker
03-31-2012, 22:04
Hello,

My name is Brian, I am a civilian, I am a very lucky husband and father of two beautiful daughters. I am an avid outdoors-man, a writer, a semi-professional photographer, and I work in research and development with survival equipment. Due to past life experiences I am pre-inclined to have a deep respect for the members of the United States Special Forces.

Please except my apology for for not posting here first. In all honesty it's not because I was unaware of the protocol, I had already read the instructions and I still have the pm that was sent when I joined. It was because I really thought I had done that almost two years ago when I joined this forum. I didn't really plan on saying much of anything here when I joined, it was more from a moment of missing old friends and looking for some sort of connection with their world. With the exception of my father the two men I admire most in my life were members of the special forces back in the 70s. I joined and I read a little here and there, but truthfully I didn't feel worthy of even speaking here. I remembered writing out an intro, but failed to remember how deeply I felt unworthy of even attempting to add anything here on this forum, and then deciding an intro would likely be an unnecessary waste of everyone's time, and then just logging out. I did however remember that I had noticed that some other people for whom I have a good deal of respect were also members here, and those were Bill Harsey, and Mark Carey of Spartan Blades. I recently had the pleasure of testing and reviewing the Hunter for a magazine and came to see if there was any chatter about it here. It is one of the best knives I've ever had the pleasure of working with. To be honest I still really didn't feel worthy of speaking up here, however having a deep respect for the guys at Spartan and their business model I was compelled to make a post expressing my thoughts on the knife anyway.

I regret that I failed to remember correctly, and once again offer my apology.

Brian

Darklight
04-01-2012, 03:35
Hello ladies and gents,

I'm Sebastien from France so first of all, sorry for my poor english. I thought I already posted an introduction post here but I was reminded I haven't. I'm sorry for this.
Talking about me, I'm not in the military field at all but in the water treatment and management.
I have mostly join the Ps forum in order to contact and to learn more about Mr Harsey's work as I'm a knife enthousiast and collector.
My wife and I had the great opportunity to meet Bill and his family last summer during our honneymoon. About 1 year later I still have a big smile on my facer whan I think about this day. Once again, thank you Sir.

I guess that's it for me but please feel free to PM me with any question.
Thanks you.
Seb

Cowboy223
04-01-2012, 11:58
Greetings,
My Name is Brandon Currently serving in the Oregon National Guard , Im a 91A,
im a native texan and am hoping to return to texas by ISTing and trying out with the 19th in San Antonio. Got my packet and will hopefully trying out in december.

Thanks and all the respect to the QP's.

High Aspiration
04-03-2012, 10:21
Hello,
I am a 17 year old, soon to be High school graduate. I intend to attend college for International Business while training for SFAS. It looks like I have plenty of time to become as prepared as possible. With the information and motivation on this forum I'm going to succeed.

Thanks

MRSD
04-04-2012, 21:47
Hi all,

26 year old from Southern CA
Signed my contract for 18x, leave July 31st.

Looking forward to the opportunity to serve for and with the best.

Whitetip1115
04-04-2012, 22:18
28 Yr old 18E4W7 out of A/1/1, Active duty since 2005.
Originally from MI, currently on rotation in Afghanistan.

renegade26
04-05-2012, 07:49
I'm a 26 YO currently serving in a support role in an NG SF Unit, currently trying to get back to the Q course.

mypetrobot
04-05-2012, 13:30
My name is frank.

Got selected in class 06-12, waiting for a q-course date.

Also a ranger school grad from 02-09.

Sandman83
04-05-2012, 19:15
My name is Mike,
I'm 28, Currently serving in the NG as a 31B. I found this site looking for a legitimate source of information on Special Forces and guidance from Men who are currently SF or who have been on how prepare for Selection as I'm looking to spend the next year of my deployment preparing with a few other fellow soldiers who are going that direction. I want to Thank All Of You who have sacrificed everything to do the work you do. You are a Inspiration to me and many others.
Thank You

Kickstanding
04-07-2012, 11:58
Good afternoon,

I am a 24 year old civilian with no prior military experience. Admittedly, I am a two-time OCS non-select, but please do not misinterpret my pursuit of an 18x contract as settling for "second choice." Service to my country is always first and foremost.

TheDouglasJames
04-08-2012, 11:42
Im a SGT, I have been in eight years and am heading to SF training sometime near the end of this year. I am very eager to go knock out some amazing training and learn a lot. Hoping to learn a lot here as well, and be able to better prepare myself for what lies ahead. Thanks.

Sir topham hatt
04-08-2012, 12:03
23yr old active army here, starting the process to join the ranks of the Green Berets. I will make it...

sterinn
04-08-2012, 14:50
Hello-

My name's Steve xxxx - I'm a 26 yo husband of 5 years to an incredible woman. My most honest intentions as plainly as I can state them and the reason I've joined this site is that I have joining the service on my heart and I have been working on my fitness pretty seriously over the last 4 1/2 - 5 years in possible preparation. My background is oilfield labor, safety management, and now training and development. I feel a bit like a nut because with this decision some may see it as throwing everything away but I do not look at it that way and the end result will not be as such. I'd like to do it because I live in the best country to have ever existed on the planet and to serve it as directly as possible is the only way we can continue to be. I want the experience of performing for my country at the highest possible level and using my skills to help train others once I've served.- I truely enjoy working with people and training and facilitating them to perform, and that's what I'll do when I'm out if I decide to join.

I'm dedicated and a long-term person, I don't quit, and I'm smart. I can be a little bit wild when it comes to my hobbies- I like to go as far as I possibly can with them and then a little more. On par with what my bio states, I like to learn things and be hands on- I am passionate about helping people, the USA, and anything that involves moving parts and/or things that go "bang." I'll be lurking this website for a while reading and studying things but if someone within the community would like to speak with me via PM, phone, or in person please do so because I'd like as much insight as possible.

Thanks, God Bless, and Happy Easter.

Steve

Edited by Richard

Tork
04-09-2012, 03:40
Riley xxxxxxx
Joining Air Force as soon as I graduate from highschool
Goal eventually is PJ. I will succeed.
I am very thankful for the opportunity to learn from men such as yourselves, and value the resource greatly.
Thank you

Edited by Richard

elquesodio
04-09-2012, 09:31
At the time of this posting, I have been active duty Air Force for 7.5 years. I served for 7 years as an Intel analyst and the past half year as a Logistics Manager. While the jobs have been interesting and I have learned alot, I have found them all to be unfullfilling to me.

About 3 years ago, I realized I had a strong interest in pursuing a career in SOF. I had initially planned to get into one of the AF's SOF career fields. However in the summer of 2009, I attended Combat Skills Training at Fort Dix, NJ in preperation of an upcoming deployment. To this day I have never enjoyed myself as much as that month I spent in that training. I loved the Army way of life and the types of training they got to experience. I decided then that I had joined the wrong service and set my sights on transfering to the Army.

I began doing research into Special Forces and the more I read, the more I began to realize this is what I wanted. My first insight into the Green Beret world was when I was reading the book The Commandos by Douglas C. Waller. One chapter was an overview of Robin Sage. Since then I have picked up a copy of Get Selected for Special Forces, How To Be A Green Beret and Chosen Warrior. I have also dug into this site to glean as much knowledge as possible. The more I read, the more convinced I am that not only do I want to do this, but this is for me.

I was married at the beginning of 2010 and have had a son born in 2011 with another on the way towards the end of 2012. My wife has known about my desires to pursue SF since we met and were married. Not only does she support my decision, but is encouraging me to pursue it. I could never ask for a better woman as a wife.

So this brings me to current. I have put in a request to the AF for seperation under the Blue To Green program. I plan on enlisting into the Army under the 18X program, which is currently accepting E-5s (which is my current rank). I hope to be headed to Army Boot Camp by the end of the year or at the latest, early next year.

I would like to thank all the QPs for their service and I hope to be able to experience the things that you have. I would also like to thank you for the ability to glean from your vast knowledge.

~ Phil

seandmullins
04-09-2012, 12:39
Originally assigned to GSC 3rd Group as commo support before heading to SFAS in 2000. Served in B/3/7 as an 18D, then as a CDQC instructor in SWCS. Currently an 18Z in the National Capital Region. Looking forward to catching up with old friends and sharing the knowledge on this site.

sneakypete314
04-09-2012, 20:00
hey guys thanks for creating and maintaing a site where we can all share ideas and experiences.
im a new 18 series to group. I've been there for about a month now so i am still the fng. looking forward to sharing and expanding my knowledge base.

j4ck98
04-10-2012, 14:48
My name is David A and I'm a sophomore in college. I am currently enlisted in the PA national guard as a 68W. My current plan is to graduate college and then work my way to SFAS. I feel privileged to be apart of the best military in the world and hope to someday become a Special Forces Soldier. Thank you.

Private Ambartsumian

prairiesheepdog
04-10-2012, 21:19
Hello,
I served 4years as an 11B in the 82nd from Nov. 1979 through June, 1983. I used to shoot IPSC matches with a couple 5th Group SFCs who were pretty good types. Since then, I've worked in private security and local/state level Law Enforcement. Now I'm a Fed. The members of this site have a lot of insight into world affairs as they affect our nation.

I have two sons serving in the US Army. Both are better men than I ever was but dont tell them I said so.

Thanks for having me here.

JROD
04-11-2012, 11:29
Hello All,

I am an 18E/18F Currently with USASFC G6. I served with 2/7th SFG for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. I have done ODA, Bteam, SIGDET, S6 NCOIC, and now USASFC G6. I look forward to going warrant here shortly so I can spend the rest of my military career on an ODA. Working at ODA level and now at G6 has opened many doors on how the commo realm functions. Granted im in a cube farm but I work with the G8 which actually gets alot acomplished for the regiment. I facilitate with equipment training, spectrum management, and acuireing equipment. So if you 18E's have questions please feel free to give me a call at 910-643-8436. "Knowing is half the Battle"

kazimer
04-11-2012, 21:20
My name is Sherman I am an Army Captain with 7 years of service. Previously with the Corps of Engineers now a 24A. I missed my boat of being an 18 series officer but am exploring other ways to serve the special operations community.

Bishop
04-12-2012, 16:47
Hello, my name is "Bishop". I am a 22 year-old student from Denmark. Right now I study for Medical Laboratory Scientist. I have no military background however... as soon as I am done with my current education I will apply for either the sergeant- or the officer education in the danish army. After some years of experience in the army I will try out for the danish special forces (hopefully with experience and motivation I will get in), known as "Jægerkorpset (The Jaeger Corps)". My reason for joining this forum is to have the ability to ask about certain things, if the search option should fail me.

If you have any questions of any sort feel free to ask. :)

zoolander6
04-13-2012, 14:51
My name is Sherman I am an Army Captain with 7 years of service. Previously with the Corps of Engineers now a 24A. I missed my boat of being an 18 series officer but am exploring other ways to serve the special operations community.

resign your commision and become an NCO. If you want something bad enough youll do what it takes. I went through the Q with one such ex-officer, now an NCO.

ffernandez222
04-13-2012, 16:32
Hello all, I am stationed at Ft. Hood TX, active duty. I am here to know more about the SF community. I am seeking to go to selection sometime in 2013 when i feel I am physically ready. I am here to learn more, not looking for answers. Thank you all for what you do!

glebo
04-13-2012, 18:13
resign your commision and become an NCO. If you want something bad enough youll do what it takes. I went through the Q with one such ex-officer, now an NCO.

Yup, a CPT is summer help anyway, two yrs if lucky...then off to staff. Want more time on a team????...go NCO..

How bad ya want it??

Squidward1507
04-14-2012, 08:54
Recently graduated the course. Heard about this website from a friend during the 18D course. Lurked around for a few months, and I figured now was as good a time as any to join. Looking to learn from those that have BTDT.

FNFal11
04-15-2012, 05:44
Greetings to everyone.

I'm Shane. I'm an active duty 11A currently in the Colorado Springs area with 4ID. Been deployed to Afghanistan once, recently returned, married for some years, and currently biding my time here in Colorado awaiting word back on whether or not I'll get to attend selection. I've had family members in the military, ranging from regular army to SF from the 70's and 80's. I understand that I am not "SF by proxy" ;), but I highly value that specific family members experience and stories that he has shared with me, which have helped me to become a better JO.

Thank you to all the QPs for what you do, have done, and will have done for everyone. Your service has provided me with the opportunity to serve as well.

Sonofagunny
04-15-2012, 08:42
Hello all. I am currently an enlisted soldier with the MOS of 91B (Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic). It is a particularly boring MOS, and it seems as if most of the soldiers in my unit are completely satisfied to remain bored. This is not for me!

I originally approached my Army recruiter with the intent of getting an 18X contract. I had recently returned from Haiti where I had helped to build 46 new houses for amputee victims of the earthquake. While there, my group of carpenters was at all times accompanied by a group of "Ex" SF guys. I was extremely impressed by their level of teamwork, discipline, calm in the face of fire, and general toughness. I wanted in.

Unfortunately, as my recruiter let me know, the childhood arrest record that I gathered 15 years prior barred me from an 18X contract (I have no record now, and the record then was minor and understandable). However, he informed me that an Active Duty soldier would have a much better chance once already enlisted. I decided that I would take that path, and here I am now.

I am tough enough. I have solo hiked several peaks in the Rockies with far too much gear, for fun. I have slept in the most uncomfortable place in the US, Asia, Haiti, and Mexico and I enjoyed it. I experience pleasure from hardship and am more clever when stressed. I'm physically fit (270 and climbing), mentally strong (GT 134), and I have a strong sense of loyalty. I do not quit, especially when someone else is counting on me.

Anyway, hello y'all. I have already spoken with a SF recruiter at Fort Riley, and I am in the process of getting all the tests done in order to attend SFAS. I am looking to you folks for guidance and motivation. Thank you!

CruzControl
04-15-2012, 11:28
My name is Josh, I'm 22 and recently enlisted in the Army as an 18x. It's always been a dream of mine to become a part of the elite special forces group. I Graduated from Eastern CT State Univ. with a Bachelor's in Business Administration but I am looking to do something different with my life, something that matters. I've been training like crazy and can't wait to ship out in 6 months.

02Prove
04-15-2012, 19:19
I am Austin. I am 18 years old and feel that Special Forces is what I want for my life. I plan on signing in about two weeks under 19D MOS. I feel that with the way I PT currently, that gaining the experience in the military I can now is a far smarter route than waiting two more years on an 18x contract. I have been reading far before I registered on the site, and I really appreciate this resource you have provided for everybody aspiring to be SF. I plan on making the best of my stay here and am looking forward to hopefully adding to the ranks of QPs in a few years!

Gaspumper88
04-16-2012, 13:28
Nothing to offer just here to listen and learn.
23 year old full time college student at Arkansas Tech.
Thanks.

bullard1
04-16-2012, 13:49
Hello, I am here to learn from your past posts and future posts. Most of my questions have already been answered in your past posts. I am a 18X hopeful in the next year. Names Ben, im 22.

combatmedic1
04-16-2012, 20:48
Hey all,
I am a 68W1P in the 82nd. I have always wanted to get into a SOF unit and after this deloyment I may get my chance. Just here to learn as much as I can before selection
Thanks

Sawhney
04-17-2012, 06:47
Hello Quiet Professionals,

I am currently a Corporal in the USAR. Served in Afghanistan for a year between 2010 and 2011. Will be attending the U.S. Military Academy for Class of 2016 starting this July. I am looking into this site as an SF NCO I had worked with recommended it to me due to my interests in SF. I am a realist and I understand every 'cadet' wants to become SF so I figured joining this community I will be able to put things better into perspective. Thank you for your service.

adadaead
04-17-2012, 09:09
Hello All,

I'm currently an 18x, awaiting the few final weeks till I ship to Ft. Benning for basic training. I gotta say, along with being a little anxious, I'm extremely excited and proud to walk this path, following the footsteps of some great soldiers.

Why SF? A lot of people have asked me (including myself), there is no simple answer and there are many reasons that can be named. Its just a gut feeling that it is something I have to do, I cannot describe it or justify it to someone. I'm not content with living my life with regret and "what ifs". Cast or tab. Best of luck to the rest of the candidates, and thank you QPs for allowing this site and all the info to be available.

Toaster
04-18-2012, 07:12
From South East Texas, 24 years of age, PCSing to Fort Bragg this summer, where I hope to find a mentor.

I'm an Air Defender, 14G. I have felt a calling into Special Forces for many years. After a great deal of soul searching, much thought, I have decided I will earn the right to wear a Green Beret, one day, preferably as an 18D.

Since a man is known by the company he keeps, I seek to keep company with men who are of greater character than I am. I will keep this brief as I am a guest. I do not wish to make a fool of myself so I'll keep quiet and speak when I have something worthwhile to say.

I'm seeking wisdom and striving to attain the characteristics needed to become a Special Forces Soldier.

Damocles
04-18-2012, 12:04
28 year old male currently living in the High Rockies. I will be moving back down to Florida in the next month, and at that time I will begin a dialogue with a recruiter regarding my future in the Armed Forces. I will serve in whatever capacity is ultimately required of me, but my ambition is to be a Special Forces soldier.

I also want to take a moment to express my appreciation to those active duty, reserve and veteran soldiers and officers for your selfless service to our nation, its constitution and its international interests. Without the likes of you, citizens such as myself would sleep restlessly in our beds at night, if we slept at all. Your sacrifices mean more to me than you may know.

This past winter I was the General Manager for a ski/snowboard tune shop here at Keystone resort. Earlier this season a portion of 10th Group was here for a number of days participating in some training and I had the opportunity to help out with some ski equipment issues at a drastically discounted rate. My company would probably not be happy with me if they knew the details, for as we all know a corporation's only responsibility is profits. I was very glad to be able to help, profits be damned.

I would also like to thank the many QPs for their participation in this forum. I have been researching the SF world for a couple of years now, and this site is the single largest source of accurate information I have yet found. As important as that information is, however, I believe your active participation is far more so. Many QPs have attained their goals in the past without the benefit of anything even remotely resembling the information contained herein. The information here is helpful, albeit unnecessary. More importantly, I have come to realize that you QPs who are active here are giving those of us who aspire to be a SF soldier a window into and a crash course in the SF mentality. In my opinion, the methods you use to that end are excellent. I would guess that there are a significant number of individuals interested in SF who come to this site and realize once they get here and poke around a bit that SF is not for them. Your efforts in this matter only prove your interest in and dedication to preserving the SF way of life. Thank you.

Apologies for the lengthy intro, but it all needed to be expressed.

I have some PT to attend to.

dpun1
04-18-2012, 18:17
I am 22 years old, I've spent my entire life living in the suburbs of Arizona. I am on the last leg of completing my BS in Human Communications with minor(s) in Sociology and Criminal Justice. I have attained Dean's List in my program three semesters, hoping for a fourth. My father served in the 82nd during my childhood - his service to our country acted as a catalyst for my own interest in the military. I enjoy outdoor activities, natural bodybuilding, nutrition, and reading.

I am here to keep my mouth shut and learn.

This will likely be my first and last post for quite some time.

Thank you QPs for your service - on top of the duties you are burdened with you serve as role models and embodiments of inspiration.

doudou
04-18-2012, 19:17
Hi, my name is Matthew and I am a member of the 3rd SFG(A) and have been since 2005.

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, and am proud to a member of this forum and learn from those who have been there and done so much. Thank you for providing these forums as they contain a wealth of information that has benefitted me on numerous occasions already.

Have a good one…..

Matthew

Snaquebite
04-18-2012, 19:37
From Texas, 24 years of age, headed to Bragg this summer.

I'm an Air Defender, 14G. I've decided I'll be a Green Beret one day, preferably 18D. Figure the association here will be good for me. Not going to say a whole lot since I don't have too much worthwhile to add. I'm seeking wisdom and striving to attain the characteristics needed to be a Green Beret.

So.....you've decided you can be a green piece of felt....I would suggest that you re-group and re-assess. To become a Special Forces Soldier...you are going to need that wisdom you are searching for. There is much more involved than just you "deciding to".

Edit: 28+ years in the Army and 26 as SF...Never did I refer to myself as a Green Beret. That...I wore on my head.

Romans535
04-19-2012, 17:02
Hello all, my name is Caleb, I'm currently in the 18x pipeline scheduled to ship out July 2nd for OSUT at Benning. I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile, including before I signed my contract in January. I've gathered a great deal of information from the recommended reads on these forums and I highly appreciate the time and dedication put into helping the candidates in the 18x pipeline; as well as SFAS candidates in general. I've picked up and read Chosen Soldier, as well as Get Selected; they are excellent reads with a wealth of information.

I decided to register for an account primarily to gather more information and insight from current and former Special Forces Operators, as well as attempt to locate a training parter and/or a mentor as Warrior-Mentor suggests in his book. Ill clean up those details in another post in the appropriate forum with more information about the progress I've made thus far training on my own. Thanks for the time.

-Caleb

meximo
04-20-2012, 04:46
I'm an 18C with 1-10, I have a few associates degrees and a bachelors in earth science. I just happened to find this sight and it looked like a good place to gain, share and retain some knowledge.

Syl
04-20-2012, 07:43
I am currently in the SFQC, assigned 18D and mandarin. I have been browsing these forums since before I joined the Army and finally decided I would set up an account and hopefully I can help give out some good information to prospective candidates in regards to what I have so far experienced.

Phoenix2
04-20-2012, 15:42
hi, my name is Shaun. im 25, ive talked to my recruiter and i am planning on enlisting 18x as soon as a couple tattoos are removed. Earning my place in an elite military organization has been a goal of mine since childhood. i got a little sidetracked but im now ready to move forward, though now having a wife and kid complicates things so ill have some questions for the family men wearing a green beret.

wooby
04-21-2012, 13:12
Hi all, my name's Alan. I'm a former Reserve 38B CA guy living in Durham, NC and working on the civilian side as a computer programmer.

I am honored to have worked and trained with SF at home and abroad, and have been thinking lately about giving NC Guard/20th group a shot. I miss the camaraderie and sense of purpose that came with serving.

To all those still serving, a big thank-you for keeping us safe! (and the bad guys not!)

Best,
Alan

Jdad3406
04-21-2012, 18:29
I am enlisted in the Virginia Army National Guard as an 11B. I am trying to get into SF by attending SFRE. I have had an interest in Special Forces for a little over a year and have been doing my research to make sure it's a good fit for me. I feel that it will allow me to expand my military career to a new level and give me the sense of accomplishment I want. I have been trying to decide between Aviation Warrant Officer or the SF path and I feel that I am better suited in SF. I have been reviewing the post's on this site and have come across some very helpful and informative discussions. Thank you to those who have posted before and shared valuable information.

SOF_VET
04-21-2012, 20:56
My apologies, I have been a message board lurker for months now and have not popped up to introduce myself.

I was assigned to 3SFG(A) as their veterinarian. I deployed to OEF with them twice and fortunately for me, the CJSOTF kept me very busy and I was able to be out front with the Teams in a number of "active" places.

My area of expertise is large animals, specifically horses, but I worked in a small animal emergency room for 9 years and feel I have the "dog" thing covered.

While I always wanted to be a veterinarian since I was a kid, I have never felt the degree of satisfaction in any job as I did when I was with Group. I still feel a great deal of pride to have played a small role in supporting the guys and am thankful to them for making my time with the Teams meaningful. I'm still connected and active in the community and am happy to lend a hand in anyway that I can.

My best to all of you. Stay safe.

Shaku Maku
04-21-2012, 21:17
Gents,

Name is Chris, from CA. Appears I made an account a while back, but for whatever reason never made an introduction post.

A little about myself, an 18B currently in 5/19. Before that, was an 11B.

I'm here to improve my base of knowledge, and try to stay associated with as many past, current, and future members of the Regiment.

any username
04-22-2012, 15:12
21 year old from the Colorado Rockies here. I am a junior in college studying biology and chemistry. I have always thought about joining the armed forces and I am starting to feel like now may be the best time for me. Recently scored very well on the ASVAB and am researching possible career paths in Army. I joined the forum to use the search feature aid in doing as much research as I possibly can.

SF has been my primary focus of career path as I feel it has the potential to provide a great physical and intellectual challenge, all while serving the greatest country in the world.

Right now I am trying to decide what way I want to go about getting there as far as 18X, 11X option 40, 68W... the options are numerous.

Big thank you to everyone who served/ is serving and thank you for providing a great research medium in the form of this website.

Zach.
04-22-2012, 18:24
Hello everyone!

I am 20 years old, and have had my eyes set on SF for a while now. Every day is revolving around preparing for my future enlistment; I'm in great shape now but still have a long way to go. I've been heavily interested in weapons, military history and international affairs for quite a long time. I have done my research (but still have much more to go), self taught basic Arabic, and support myself just fine through programming and internet marketing related endeavors... But I have realized it's not the amount of money one has that makes their life any more interesting than the guy next to them.

I look forward to getting some of the best training this country has to offer, and making my impact on the world and proving myself on an individual and team level. I have the utmost respect for any who serve, let alone those who have earned their Green Beret. Thank you for such a great community, I'll be lurking around.

curiomaximus
04-23-2012, 09:22
Hello, and thank you all for your service as well as the opportunity to be here.

Ryan B. here, and I come from a long line of US servicemen; Army and Navy. I felt like a time in service to this country was my calling in my youth, but my road led me to college with an athletic scholarship. My regrets of not following in the footsteps of my ancestors is more often than not overshadowed by the end result of a loving wife and my young son. Neither of which would be part of my life if I had taken a different path.

I'm an oilfield consultant by trade, a weapons fancier, diver, outdoorsman, and a part time photographer among other things... As proven by my presence here I have interest in military and the history thereof. To this day I can never get enough of the stories from my dad's service in the Army, and wish my grandfather was still around to pick his brain once more... My wife's grandfather also has some good ones (the few he's shared) that go with his Bronze Star received during WWII.

I'm honored to be amongst you fellas. Been lurking a while; reading, laughing, and getting befuddled with the constant barrage of acronyms thrown out here... I thought the oilfield had them! :cool: And, I'll probably post an average of once every five years as I don't think I can contribute much, and I listen way more than I speak.

_Xfitter_
04-23-2012, 12:21
Hello to all,
My name is Luis and I would like to start off by thanking all of the Special Forces Soldiers that have taken the time to respond to all of the questions on all of the forums. I was stationed at JBLM for 4 1/2 years and am currently TXANG, I am currently training for TXANG Assessment Drill with the ultimate goal of attending SFAS. It has been my life's goal to be a Special Forces Soldier, be on a team and earn the respect of my fellow team members. I know that is all still very far off but I have my eye on the ultimate prize, now to do some pt.

Rob_Frey
04-23-2012, 15:15
Hello,

My name is Rob. I came to this site from a post on another site (Lightfighter.net) regarding your Edged Weapons Forum. I'm an old guy (55) and served in the Army in the Field Artillery from 1982-1986. I joined the Army after graduating from college (U.WI - Madison) with a BA in Political Science, but went in as an enlisted man. I worked three different MOS's 13B, 13E, and a Battalion Supply Clerk. I later went to Gunsmithing school and worked as one for 5 1/2 years before I had to give it up for medical reasons. I went back to school again (U.WI - Eau Claire) at the age of 50 to get a BBA in Information Systems (formerly called M.I.S.). I'm currently looking for work in that field.

Hobbies are; limited (by equipment) gunsmithing for friends, hunting, IDPA, muscle cars and home theater.

I've only met one SF guy, it was when I was in ROTC back in the late 70's, he was a good guy and helped teach the classes at the University of Wisconsin - Waukesha. I'm looking to learn from the "real world" knowledge base here.

Mordecai
04-23-2012, 21:29
Hello everyone, my name is Seth and I live in Wisconsin, I am 20 years old. I have always wanted to be a Green Beret and nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams. I am currently training training training :lifter before I ship out in September. My hobbies include; reading, boating, running, weaving chainmaille, and video games from time to time. Thank you for all the useful information on this website.

notch
04-24-2012, 08:31
Prior Service (AD) USAF Security Forces. Currently living in NC and working towards getting into the NG and going SF.

Greyshade2
04-24-2012, 09:28
I am proud to be posting an into here, finally,my son was awarded his Green Beret on April 5th. The ceremony was amazing with Ross Perot presenting the Berets and giving the speech. It has been one hell of a journey for my son and for me to be able to be part of so many highs and lows as he made his way through the Q course. What a fine group of young men on their way to influence the world most people know nothing about.

animalmenace
04-25-2012, 03:52
Hello, PS.com! LTRFTP here. Thanks for having me.
My name is John, I'm 24 from Maryland.
I have had a very strong interest in military history since playing with my dad's old Dinky Toy Crusaders and Chieftains, and a battalion size element of diecast models, when I was ~4.
Although I did spend a lot of time considering enlisting, I never did (I would look terrible in BDU's/ACU's).
I believe very strongly that curiousity is the most important thing to have in life, so here I am. Thanks ahead of time for answering any of my questions.
And to explain my handle: animals outnumber us millions to one. One of these days they're going to overthrow civilization.

mizzle
04-25-2012, 06:56
Hey everyone, I just want to provide a quick intro: I'm a 25-year-old Texan who divides his time between Kandahar and DC working for an aid organization that conducts stabilization operations in southern Afghanistan. Before this, I worked as a carpenter and as an intelligence research for a private security firm.

I am a former rower and a cross-country biker who finished a ride from Texas to Alaska three years ago. In my spare time, I'm an amateur artist and a persistent hobbyist (rock climbing, ultimate frisbee, guitar)

Troop
04-25-2012, 08:15
Although I did spend a lot of time considering enlisting, I never did (I would look terrible in BDU's/ACU's).

It's a lot more about how you perform and contribute. Be MOS proficient, do well on your PT test, weapons qualification...

Some of the best soldiers in the Army look a bit goofy in their uniforms.

gino390
04-25-2012, 10:22
I am a 82nd Paratrooper looking to attend selection in September of this year.
I attended Greenville High School in Greenville, PA. Finished 3 years of college at Missouri Valley College wrestling on the Varsity team. I have competed in the All Army Combat ivies Tournament. I have been station at FT. Carson, FT Sill, and Now FT. Bragg.

I have been reading the following books to prep for selection:
Get Selected, The Men,the Mission, and Me, and the book The One who got away. and Fixing your Feet. I recommend reading all the books they are great source of information.

I am looking for other Candidates to train with during the week. Just shoot me a email here at quiet professionals.

borb11
04-25-2012, 10:53
I am 22 stationed in Bamberg, Germany. I am extremely eager to learn alot from this site and put my best efforts towards completing my goals to be Special Forces

Gus88
04-25-2012, 20:35
QP's,

Thank you all for your service. Thank you for producing such an incredible amount of information for those of us aspiring to follow in your footsteps, this site is amazing.

During my college career I have had the opportunity to play football as well as complete a degree in secondary education which I will have in a couple weeks as I finish student teaching. While I enjoy working with kids and look forward to teaching, I am pursuing an option that has been in my head for a couple years. A couple months ago I began my discussion with a recruiter who enlightened me of the option to enlist with an 18X. Right now I am trying to decide between accepting an offer on a teaching job or making the trip to MEPS.

Thank you again, I look forward to gleaning more and more info from this site and its members.

warface
04-26-2012, 01:20
i am a combat veteran and i wanted to come and hang out for a while so i can learn more about the way things are done here. respect and honor to all of yours and kudos for the professionals that i have encountered in theater, impressive to say the least.

bjm300
04-26-2012, 18:35
Currently a High school senior. Enjoy shooting, MMA/BJJ, and working out.

Have wanted to be a Special Forces Soldier ever since I read "Chosen Soldier". Met Tim Kennedy last October and he signed the book for me, told me never to quit.

Have since then been trying to learn as much as I can about Special Forces. Currently trying to decide between 18xray or going the ROTC/OCS route to eventually become an 18A. Want to go to college first.

I feel blessed to be able to have a forum with real QPs sharing the wealth of knowledge they have about Special Forces. Thanks to all QPs on this forum for their service.

Steak
04-26-2012, 19:10
34 yr old 1-10 guy, contractor for the IC and look to get guys work. Thanks for the privilege.

Chambes
04-27-2012, 07:12
I am a former Marine looking into the Special Forces. I will be attending SFRE this summer and hopefully getting a chance to attend SFAS later this year or early next year. Trolling the forums looking for good info to better myself and my decisions over the next few months.

Boneunit55
04-27-2012, 08:01
I am 26 and recently enlisted in the Army as an 18x. 20121112 to Fort Benning.

Stras
04-28-2012, 04:24
34 yr old 1-10 guy, contractor for the IC and look to get guys work. Thanks for the privilege.

Steak,

Welcome to the site. Great to have another 1-10 alumni.

VegemiteSniper
04-29-2012, 04:28
G'day guys. I've been flicking through your pages for some time now and figured it may appear rude not to say hi. It seems most questions one can have are already answered here, you just need to spend some time reading. So far it's a great book. Great to see a decent forum set up and run as well as this. Kudo's to you all. Love reading about your rucksack is in the hall.

If its ok I'll kind of keep to myself? Rules and the like, which ain't so bad. But I'm happy to talk Australia if anyone gets interested. Just give me time to reply with my chicken scratch on this IPAD, Cheers USASS 2011.

I hope I worked through this ok. Thanks again.

CrossFitNH
04-29-2012, 08:13
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your service. Whether your service be prior, continued or future, thank you.

My name is Nick and I am 20 years old. I ship for BCT in October 2012, and am very excited for what is to come. I have already spent a few hours reading various threads as a guest. I registered here so that I could utilize the "search" bar and all other tools of this forum that are restricted to guests. Any questions I had have already been asked by others and answered.

Thank you for creating this forum and filling it with your experiences and knowledge so that others such as myself may learn.

Ictoan
04-29-2012, 12:07
Hello all, I signed an 18x contract back in December 2011 and I ship 6/5/2012. I am re-posting my intro due to the old threads apparent deactivation.

Gun Plumber
04-30-2012, 00:19
My name is Keith "Red"; I am An Armorer and gunsmith I also Instruct CCW and Basic Pistol I served for nearly five years in the US Army in Europe in the 56th FA BDE. "Pershing" I was a Missle Crew Member Launch operator and Nuclear weapons security specialist. I was Medically retired in 1988 with cancer and have had it three times all service related. I Compete in Long Range rifle competition and shoot Service Rifle as well. I have two kids both boys both competitive shooters. My oldest is currently on assignment at Ft. Rucker and is stationed at Bragg.
I was introduced to the community of quiet Professionals by supporting several gentlemen while they were deployed down range with parts and again later with the building of several AR based .308 long Range weapons. I am pleased to be allowed to converse with you all on subjects related to the community ans its needs and interests.

TexasBrown87
04-30-2012, 00:28
Im a 24 SPC in the Texas army national guard 1-143rd currently deployed to Afghanistan I interested in attending sfas ASAP joined the forum to retain all the experience and knowledge I can get I appreciate this being a tool that I can use. Thank you for all you do.

Surf
04-30-2012, 03:42
I'm a National Guard Medic from Hawaii here to learn from all the past questions asked by users before me. I'm sure someone has asked any questions that I may have. Just trying to be as prepared as I can before I get to selection.

Aloha

FooterDan
04-30-2012, 07:17
I'm Dan, a recent college grad getting a Rep 63 contract for the Ohio National Guard right now and hopefully shipping to basic at the end of summer.

Grizz009
04-30-2012, 11:19
Hi guys.. My name is Darrin.. I came across this web site looking for info and found lots.. I am a cherry 18B (less than a year in group) with a few years as an 11B (Dco 1-504).. anyways Hi and thank you guys.

Russell270
04-30-2012, 20:18
Hello QP's.
I have truly enjoyed reading the threads on this site. I only joined a few days ago but have been visiting the site for some time now. I am currently talking to a recruiter trying to get an 18X contract. I am 28 years old and a father of three wonderful children. I have 6 1/2 years of law enforcement experience including undercover, tactical, narcotics, training, and supervisory experience. I have 60 credit hours towards my BS Criminal Justice from Mountain State University. I currently work in Afghanistan doing security on BAF. Thank you for all the wonderful information that the QP's put out on this site. It has helped greatly in preparing for the future.

Flick
05-01-2012, 09:13
How's it going, I just got out of the Marine Corps and am going to Mepps in two days to crossdeck over to the Army with the intent of going to SFAS. I served with 3rd Bn 4th Marines for 4 years and served in both Afghanistan and Jordan as an infantry team leader as well as squad leader. Joined the website because my recruiter told me to check it out and i wouldn't mind getting some info from the experienced and mature instead of reading forums full of trolling.

SpookyII
05-01-2012, 18:23
My name is Pat, finished college with a BS in Criminal Justice a few months ago. In the process of setting up a 18X contract with the hopes of becoming 18C. Have learned many great things from reading all the info that has been posted here. Thank you.

Unique Calling
05-02-2012, 08:29
Hello all,

First, I would like to thank everyone involved in the creation and maintenance of this site. It is a God-send to career minded individuals that seek information. My name is SPC Vangarde (Ben) and I am a 26 year old husband, father and OEF '10 veteran. I enlisted into the AD army, then transitioned to the VANG. My service obligation began about 3 and a half years ago. I have what has become an obsession with becoming a member of the QP community. A large part of what draws me to the brotherhood is the character of the QPs that I have met both overseas and here at home. It is my intent to make an educated decision and commit...

Betty Blue
05-02-2012, 08:31
Hi, everyone!

My name is Lu and I am a Chemical Soldier in the greatest armed force in the world, the US Army. I’m glad to have found this forum and I am learning a great deal about its Professional Soldiers.

I’m 32 years old and I enjoy technology, computers, foreign languages, flying, skydiving, rock-climbing, and the outdoors. It is driving me nuts to work in an office all day.

I am originally from Brazil and I am very proud to be an American. The best way I can explain my love and passion for this country is by the simple figurative analogy of fatherhood. Brazil is my biological father, while the U.S. is my real father and I will make him proud.

I’ve been waiting a long time for my opportunity to attend SFAS. I will not disappoint the ones who came before me and I will be there for the ones beside me.

I wanna fight the bad guys and bring justice around the world. It is great not to live in fear and freedom is inside of me. Thank you all QP’s for what you endure!

TRU
05-02-2012, 10:14
Hello all, I'm Nick. Currently in the pipeline here at Bragg, but I've been lurking and reading since well before I left for OSUT.

I'm originally from VA, and attended college there, where I received a degree in Political Science (focus in Natl Security) and Business Management, with a minor in Economics. I received 18B as my MOS and Dari as my language, and like I said, I'm currently in the Q Course.

Thanks for all the info, this site has been a great help (and has a lot of great info for those looking to come into the program)

SMF87
05-02-2012, 12:39
My name is Sean. I did almost 8 years as a Reserve MP in the Army. I have spent a total of 30 months in Iraq and I am hoping I will get the chance to contribute to the war in Afghanistan before it ends. I currently have an 18X contract and am waiting to ship. It was a long and difficult road for me to attain the contract due to being prior service. I am honored and humbled that I will be given the opportunity to see if I really have what it takes to be apart of something so important and selective. This site was highly recommended by a 10th Group QP who volunteers his own time to answer Army Special Forces questions in the 18X chat room on FutureSoldiers.com. I was completely amazed at the amount of quality information and advice I have found here. Thank you to all who have contributed, it is GREATLY appreciated.

MJBC86
05-03-2012, 10:27
Currently in the FLARNG. Been in the Guard for the past 8 years. Gone to College. Considering SF as a career choice. Found this website by typing SFAS into Google. It was one of the results. Married, got 4 kids and one on the way. Been to Iraq in 2010 until 2011. This website, through my experience, has insightful and useful information. Kudos.

13BSLC
05-03-2012, 10:31
Prior service 13 B, currently an attorney working in SLC UT, long time reader of this forum.

Beardedterror
05-04-2012, 09:10
Hello All,

My name is Kevin, and I'm graduating from college in a week. I'm finishing up my packet for OCS, and am very interested in going SF when the time comes, but want to do a lot of research before I make the decision (which is a long way down the road). I also have a family member who is a SF LTC who just returned home from a 17-month deployment.

Thank you in advance for all the wonderful advice on this board.

SWCS4Life
05-04-2012, 10:28
Hmm thought I posted an intro before but maybe not... Anyway long time lurker. I'm a 29yo 18E, just finished up the Q in September 2011. Still at Fort Bragg for additional language training but I'm due to head to Okinawa fairly soon hopefully.

yosoyvato
05-05-2012, 04:39
Hi, everyone!

You can call me Mike and I am currently an E-6 with the US Army. I've known about this site and read it many a times throughout the years but finally am introducing myself.

I’m 26 years old and I enjoy rugby, hockey, the NFL, outdoors, crossfit, movies, helping friends and many other things.

I am originally from Phoenix, AZ, but currently reside in San Diego, CA, to attend law school.

I've always been incredibly interested in SF and every year it is my desire to go to SFAS, just hasn't happened as of yet as I am currently in the reserves. However, with the latest business rules of transitioning to the active component allowing me once again to transition if I wish has re-invigorated my desire to train and finally do what I wanted to do upon enlisting.

For the most part I will not be commenting, rather I will be reading and soaking up everything. So I will state this here, as I am incredibly thankful for all of what you guys do, so much respect for you all, and I also am incredibly appreciative of this site and all the information and wealth that you impart for us to read.

Super excited for my buddy who was selected last year and hopefully in time, I will have readied myself long before testing my skills and abilities at SFAS.

-Mike

warginl
05-05-2012, 07:34
My name is Lukas, I am a 33 year old Army Reservist imagery analyst (35G30), currently on deployment to Iraq/Kuwait (3rd tour to Iraq). I have 10 years active duty as a MP and JSTARS analyst. I plan to attend SFRE upon completion of this tour with 3/20.

Rosie
05-06-2012, 14:01
Hello all,

I'm Rosie. I'm a dude, Rosie is just a family nickname that's now on it's fourth generation of males in my family.

I'm currently the S6 for a Civil Affairs battalion. I've been reading this site for about four years, but my initial introduction disappeared so I'm re-introducing myself.

Thanks for letting me lurk!

Astraeus14
05-06-2012, 18:03
Hello Quiet Professionals, my name is Adrian XXXXX. I am a 16 going on 17 high school student from Raleigh, NC. I aspire to serve in a special operations force, specifically Army Special Forces, Rangers, Navy SEALs, or Air Force Combat Control. I am on professionalsoldiers.com to gather information regarding Special Forces so I can ensure that I come to the correct conclusion about which contract to sign and better understand how Special Forces works from the inside out. Thank you for your service.

Edited by Richard

Sideburns6
05-07-2012, 20:45
I have been lurking on this site for a couple years now and thought I should finally introduce myself. I finished up the SFQC about a year ago and am back at my full time job as a Federal LEO. This site has been a great resource in preparation for SFAS, during the SFQC, and now as a cherry in Group. Thanks to everyone who runs this site and to all who have shared their knowledge and experience.

TigersWin
05-08-2012, 14:39
Hello all, My name is Chase. I have been on this site for roughly 6mo or so, doing my research and learning as much as I can. I ets'd active duty Army this past november, and joined the national guard in april. I have one deployment to Afghanistan as a Cav Scout. My goal is to one day be in the Special Forces Community and to be a Quiet Professional. Im here to absorb as much knowledge as possible to ensure my success at the next level

Chase

FiveOMedic
05-08-2012, 17:33
Hi, My name is Keith. I found this site why doing an internet search for TEMS and TCCC courses. I have been in Law Enforement for about 17 years. 12 in Califonia as a Deputy and 5 as an Officer in Az. Was and EMT for 20 years and am now a Paramedic. I volunteer doing techincal moutain rescue for Central Arizona Moutain Rescue. I am looking to expand my career and move into tactical medicine. I came accross this site while searching for TEMS info. I have no prior military or combat experience. Ill stay in my lane and keep quiet. I will mainly lurck in the medical forum and gain from the wealth of knowledge here.

Thank you for letting me benifit from your experience.

mncj8
05-08-2012, 21:40
Hello, My name is Brett. I have a 18x contract and found this website while google searching. Thank you for the great information resource you have created here.

UKCOMMS
05-09-2012, 09:38
Hey all, Im 30 years old and i qualified as an SF communicator abput 2 years ago(UK) Kind of stumbled upton this website and its got some great info that i can use over here.:)

Weller
05-09-2012, 11:25
Well I have been reading this forums for a few years now and appreciate all the information it has brought to me. My name is Tim, I'm 27 I did 4 years active duty Air Force in the fire department. I was training to cross train in to PJ when I met some 18D in Iraq. After hearing there stories I started doing research about SF and now I'm hoping to go to tryouts in september with the 20th group. Its a pleasure to be here.

MacGruber
05-10-2012, 03:20
I'm an 11A who was selected last fall. soon, I'll be headed to MCCC and then Bragg to learn Indonesian and eventually make my way to First Group. Excited to be on the path that I'm on and honored to join you all.

Benny
05-10-2012, 19:07
My name is Ben I'm currently in the Army Reserve as a 12b with 382nd CO EN (SAPPER) in Harrisburg, PA but I'm actually doing a program similar to SFRE with 20th group in Glen Arm and if successful will be transfering to the MD NG.

I'm 32 years old. I was in the Navy as a cryptologic technician from 1997-2003. My best friend went back to active duty a few years ago. He's currently serving with 3rd group in ODA 3435. He has been mentoring me through this whole process.

I'm on PS because I'd like to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can. I doubt that I'll post much, but on the off chance that I do I wanted to make sure that I followed the rules by posting an introduction.

hkrock
05-11-2012, 16:48
Longtime lurker, made a post, forgot I've never done intro.

Was in 10th Mountain for several years. Did the Q, currently in 5th Group.

Shalashaska
05-11-2012, 20:07
Shalashaska here, I am here to soak some knowledge before I go hard and break records at selection.:boohoo I believe I am the best, all I need is training seal the deal. I have been reading and evaluating the site and there is a lot of information here, maybe the best in existence.

Time for some night training, hasta la vista.:lifter

Anybody wishing to comment on Shalashaska's "self-confidence" please feel free to send him a PM...but keep the Intro forum for Intro's. Richard

glebo
05-12-2012, 04:34
Shalashaska here, I am here to soak some knowledge before I go hard and break records at selection.:boohoo I believe I am the best, all I need is training seal the deal. I have been reading and evaluating the site and there is a lot of information here, maybe the best in existence.

Time for some night training, hasta la vista.:lifter

Hmmm, knock yourself out...I guess I could say we're all form Missouri....show us...

NYC??....night land nav, swamps, draws, critters...darkness...aloneness...could be ineresting.

Thewildcard
05-12-2012, 08:58
Hello all, my name is Brian I am an 18E with 20th SFG in MS. I live in Birmingham, AL and go to school @ Penn State World Campus. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
I am here to soak up some of the knowledge that has been figured out by those that have bled, sweat, failed and succeeded before me!

V/R
Thewildcard

micahman
05-12-2012, 20:28
I grew up in Texas and love the USA. I have done a lot of traveling, mostly in Asia, and enjoy going to the beach. I love being outdoors and trying new things. I found this site while doing some research.

Grandpa462
05-13-2012, 02:30
Good morning,

I'm a former ROTC student that was dropped senior year for grades, came on active duty, and was given the opportunity to reclassify as an 18X while at OSUT. I'm currently holding to start training as an 18D.

I've been lurking here for several years, and count myself lucky to have this kind of a resource, as it has been a great help. My goal is to continue to work hard, keep training, and get to the point in my career that I can contribute something substantial here down the road.

Thank you all for the assistance to this point, and for the opportunity to continue to learn.

Most respectfully,

Chuck

mcmurryaaron
05-13-2012, 13:57
How's everyone doing? Happy mothers days. im glad to be apart of this community and hope to gain much. Please feel free to message me, ask questions, and challenge me.