PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garrand Ball Surplus ammo

Stopp700
02-03-2012, 06:43
Looking to buy some M1 Garrand Surplus Ammo. Not a great quality, but enough to hold off the Zombie hordes.....:rolleyes:

Pete
02-03-2012, 06:52
You're a long way from here but..........

When most of the Ammo dealers are running lots of ammo go to your local gun show. You'll find the same ammo for sale there. There was tons of Greek ammo on clips a few years back.

There is a gun show this weekend in Fayetteville. There are advantages to going to gun shows and paying cash............

I'll be there.

HOLLiS
02-03-2012, 10:45
CMP had/has come really good surplus ammo. It is Greek made and from the high power shooters it is better than Lake City Match (rumor). I bought a bunch for my rifles, seems good to me too.

The ammo was in boxes.

The Reaper
02-03-2012, 18:21
CMP had/has come really good surplus ammo. It is Greek made and from the high power shooters it is better than Lake City Match (rumor). I bought a bunch for my rifles, seems good to me too.

The ammo was in boxes.

The price for the Greek .30-'06 has increased significantly.

TR

Peregrino
02-03-2012, 19:54
The CMP Greek is NOT match ammo. I've got some and it serves its purpose as fodder for used/abused Garands very well. It will go bang and buying it supports a decent cause but as TR states, the prices have increased over the years.

https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=AMC

HOLLiS
02-03-2012, 20:10
TR and Peregrino, Thanks. I bought several cases when they were $110 delivers IIRC, I just plink or have fun.

I have some LC match tucked away.

Problem I forget I have something, then buy it when it is on sale. I just need to get out and shoot more.

swpa19
02-04-2012, 05:44
As stated above reasonably priced .30 Ball is becoming more and more difficult to find, along with 7.92X57. .30 cal is going currently about .90 to a buck a round. Even at the shows prices are inflated. You can refer to this site and may get a deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272045108 This one along with "Cheaper than Dirt".

The Reaper
02-04-2012, 10:04
The CMP is still the cheapest .30-'06, but at .48 per round, plus shipping, it is not exactly cheap anymore either. You are still looking at better than $4 every time you make that Garand go "PING!"

There are several ammo search engines out there like this one.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.30-06+Springfield

Reloading is the only way to keep the price down, and components are a lot more expensive than they used to be.

TR

HOLLiS
02-04-2012, 14:13
I have bought some components from these people. They use to be pretty inexpensive, as The Reaper pointed out, reloading has gone up too.

Most of shooting is killing dirt clods and perforating paper.

http://www.hi-techammo.com/

Pete
02-04-2012, 14:27
The Gun Show at the Crown was hopping today. Parking lot full, few minutes wait in line to get tickets and the inside was full. Hard to walk down the isles.

Many of the gun tables had people sitting down filling out paperwork and lots of people walking around with new guns and gun boxes under their arms.

Didn't take a close look but one table had some import 30-06 going for $15 and $17.50 per 20 rd box.

Peregrino
02-04-2012, 17:55
The Gun Show at the Crown was hopping today. Parking lot full, few minutes wait in line to get tickets and the inside was full. Hard to walk down the isles.

Many of the gun tables had people sitting down filling out paperwork and lots of people walking around with new guns and gun boxes under their arms.

Didn't take a close look but one table had some import 30-06 going for $15 and $17.50 per 20 rd box.

D**n - that's 0.75 and 0.86 dollars per round. I'll stick to reloading, at least that way it's still quality and under 0.40 per round (for the plinking stuff - match is significantly more). Hopefully the Fayetteville show was better than its usual "flea market" self. Having just gone to the Greensboro Show last weekend, F'ville isn't worth the diesel to drive the 40 miles.