PDA

View Full Version : off base questions.

Moonman
01-28-2012, 10:47
First of all, I have been searching extensively for a legitimate answer for the following questions. I have been able to find a few answers but most are contradicting of the previous one. with that being said I was wondering if any one could offer me some in sight about when 18xrays are allowed to live off base with their wife and children. I have read that you get nights and weekend( weekends only during night training) in SOPC1, and weekends only during SOPC2. I also read that I will be in lock down for phase 2,3,4,6. Is this accurate or is there more family time available during this training? if it is a question worth your time and energy answering just a small outline would make me happy just so I know what to expect and my family knows.

Thank you in advance.

Surgicalcric
01-28-2012, 11:16
After you are selected you are authorized to move your family to Ft Bragg.

You will be in the field for CLT, SUT, portions of MOS, and Robin Sage. You will have nights off between phases. Language school time off will depend on if you have morning or night class.

Crip

Moonman
01-28-2012, 11:28
So in between the in field portions I will have opportunities to see my family at night? so the 5 weeks at SUT and the 2 weeks at CLT will be completely in field separated from my family oh and I would imagine SERE as well

Surgicalcric
01-28-2012, 14:47
So in between the in field portions I will have opportunities to see my family at night? so the 5 weeks at SUT and the 2 weeks at CLT will be completely in field separated from my family oh and I would imagine SERE as well

SUT and SERE combined are 10 weeks (as I remember) and CLT was a lil over 2 weeks.

Yes, you would see your family when not in the field or assigned other duties.

Crip

hotshot
01-28-2012, 15:17
Language is upfront now, 4-6 Months depending on the language, there is also no more "night" classes for language.

So it goes something like this

-SFAS -field

-CLT -field

-IUW -field

-Language school- at home

-SUT/SERE- field

-MOS- some field mostly at home

-Robin Sage- field

If you are an 18X, you will also have SOPC. I'm not sure about how much time that will take. But I imagine that it is conducted mostly in the field.

You can see that most of the course is conducted in the field. Language school is where students have the most family time. You will be very busy there also. Make sure your family is self sufficient, and make sure they are situated BEFORE you start training. I can assure you that if they are not, you will not last very long in the course. I have seen it time and time again, so don't waste your time or ours.

CH