PDA

View Full Version : It Snowed, 35yrs ago today..

JJ_BPK
01-19-2012, 08:46
In Boca Raton Florida... :eek:

Hell of a BD gift.. :D

This is not our house,, but looks like our front yard... :cool:

Sdiver
01-19-2012, 10:12
That happened 35 years ago ????

Damn Global Warming ..... :rolleyes:

afchic
01-19-2012, 10:38
In Boca Raton Florida... :eek:

Hell of a BD gift.. :D

This is not our house,, but looks like our front yard... :cool:

I remember when this happened because my dad was stationed at McDill and we got snow as well. We were the only kids in the neighborhood that knew what to do, having been born in and lived in CO prior. :)

PSM
01-19-2012, 10:42
Happy birthday, Jim! :lifter

Pat

Airbornelawyer
01-19-2012, 12:44
That picture looks like Jacksonville or somewhere further north which sometimes gets measurable snow.

In Lake Worth, we got light flurries, but we did get the day off from school. Though that was because the pipes froze, not because of the torrents of snow.

Sdiver, as I recall, to the environmentalists, that cold winter was yet more proof we were entering a new ice age.

Sdiver
01-19-2012, 13:20
Sdiver, as I recall, to the environmentalists, that cold winter was yet more proof we were entering a new ice age.

Oh, I remember that too. Late 70's, especially the winter of '79, growing up in Chicago, everyone was reporting that there was another ice age coming.

My, my, my, how things and thought processes have changed. Why don't these so called "experts" just say ...... "We don't know what we're talking about. The Earth is just so dynamic and changes all the time. We have no clue."

greenberetTFS
01-19-2012, 13:47
Oh, I remember that too. Late 70's, especially the winter of '79, growing up in Chicago, everyone was reporting that there was another ice age coming.

My, my, my, how things and thought processes have changed. Why don't these so called "experts" just say ...... "We don't know what we're talking about. The Earth is just so dynamic and changes all the time. We have no clue."

Do you recall that great winter storm we had in the late 60's that totally shut down Chicago for several days?...........:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

Sdiver
01-19-2012, 14:01
Do you recall that great winter storm we had in the late 60's that totally shut down Chicago for several days?...........:eek:

No, not really. Seeing that I was born in St. Paul back in 1966. ;)

We didn't move down to Chicago untill 1968.

But I do remember the blizzard of '79 that shut down Chicago for almost a week. :D

hotshot
01-19-2012, 17:17
That picture looks like Jacksonville or somewhere further north which sometimes gets measurable snow.

In Lake Worth, we got light flurries, but we did get the day off from school. Though that was because the pipes froze, not because of the torrents of snow.

Jacksonville, FL got snow last in 1989, less than one inch if I recall correctly. The snow melted the same day...

CH

Utah Bob
01-19-2012, 19:06
I was on Key Biscayne when the flakes started to fall. Pretty weird seeing snow drifting down amongst the palm trees on the beach.

Gypsy
01-20-2012, 16:54

YES! It was awesome.

echoes
01-21-2012, 14:53
Why don't these so called "experts" just say ...... "We don't know what we're talking about. The Earth is just so dynamic and changes all the time. We have no clue."

S~

Very well said!!!

These green-what-the-hell-ever losers just need something to scare the bejeezus out of the sheeple, who lap it up like newborn calves at the trough.

It is sickening, IMHO, that they can waltz around, blaming the big bad Oil companies for their lot in life, and not getting laid in ten years.:rolleyes:

Hope it snows the next kum-by-ya singing green rally people in for a month!

Anyway...the snowy palm tree looks nice too me....;)

Holly

mojaveman
01-21-2012, 17:26
Kind of reminds me of when we get snow in the high desert. I think California is one of the few places in the country where you can see Joshua Trees colored with white.