PDA

View Full Version : Something to do

Pete
01-08-2012, 08:00
Something to do

Battleship North Carolina visitors will be able to see 'Hidden Battleship'

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/01/08/1147992?sac=Mil

"WILMINGTON - A behind-the-scenes tour of unrestored areas of the Battleship North Carolina will be offered on Saturday, Jan. 14.

Guides will lead small groups on the four-hour "Hidden Battleship" tour............"

Limited slots, only two groups and a little pricey.

But even the regular visit to the Battleship is a nice day trip for the Ft Bragg crowd. Depart early, tour the Battleship, eat some fast food, go shopping at the mall southeast of Wilmington, eat a nice supper somewhere and come home.

If you've never been there even the self guided tour is great.

longrange1947
01-08-2012, 09:14
I have been to the Battleship three times now and each has been a different experience due to the opening of more and more areas. If you have not been for awhile, I would seriously consider going to see new areas.

also each visit allows you to notice small things that you missed the last time. It is well worth the trip. :)

echoes
01-08-2012, 17:03
I have been to the Battleship three times now and each has been a different experience due to the opening of more and more areas. If you have not been for awhile, I would seriously consider going to see new areas.

also each visit allows you to notice small things that you missed the last time. It is well worth the trip. :)

Wow Sir!

With that reccomendation, it is on my "list" of must see things this year...if I can make it out to NC!:o;)

Thanks for the posts sirs!

Holly

CloseDanger
01-08-2012, 20:56
It's looking real good there, yes she is! I like the new paint job.