PDA

View Full Version : Disappering posts.........

greenberetTFS
01-04-2012, 12:04
When I first get on the forum I go to the New Posts and review what's being listed..... Today for instance there was about 20 posts initially....... I pick out one to look at,possibly make a comment then either submit it or not...... However when I get back to the New Posts again to review the rest of them there are only 4 posts shown(:confused:)........ Not just this time but often enough to where they just disappear(:rolleyes:)and just a few remain!!!!.......... How does that work?........:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

Streck-Fu
01-04-2012, 12:21
By chance are you selecting the link for new posts rather than back arrowing to the original search?

I usually enter the forums the same way you do and if I respond to a post, the list is compressed.

But then, sometimes I get new listings and other times, each new search shows the last few posts.

Sdiver
01-04-2012, 12:27
It could also be, that the "New Posts" is "Refreshing" itself.
If you spend too much time looking/responding on one post/thread, then click again on the "New Post" icon, enough time has past that, or that there was no activity on the, (ie members posting on those threads) that the inital "New Posts" you originaly saw, "refreshed" and the new "New Posts" that you see have activity on them that they'll show up as "New Posts".

My 0.02

greenberetTFS
01-04-2012, 12:47
Thanks guys for the feedback........ However one of the Admins already sent me the answer......... I'm posting the response,but not his name since I hadn't requested his permission to do so yet..........;)

Teddy,

It is something like this.

Generally, once a post is submitted it will appear as a new post (1) time in your browser, your browser is updated with a 'cookie' that says you have already viewed this. Then if someone responds to said post it once again reappears as a 'New Post'.

That process repeats itself as long as replies are made.

In addition sometimes if your leave your browser open on a particular page for extended periods the browser or website will refresh or update automatically. When this occurs information is updated and 'New Posts' are no longer 'New Posts'.

Drudge Report is a website that automatically updates the info when the browser is open.

Big Teddy :munchin

CSB
01-04-2012, 12:51
And if that happens, click on the "LINKS" Tab, and then click on "Today's Posts."

You will get all posts in the past 24 hours or so, including a dividing line showing you what you have already seen.

Streck-Fu
01-04-2012, 15:34
And if that happens, click on the "LINKS" Tab, and then click on "Today's Posts."

You will get all posts in the past 24 hours or so, including a dividing line showing you what you have already seen.

Now THAT is a neat trick I didn't know about.

Ambush Master
01-04-2012, 17:26
The "Today's Posts" and "Who's online" are about the only way I stay on-line.

Pete
01-04-2012, 17:34
Which is why we continue to say "Read the Board before posting".

DesertRat
01-04-2012, 23:05
I usually click the new posts button and then right click on a thread and click open in new tab.