PDA

View Full Version : Legion Firearms

LongWire
01-03-2012, 01:45
Anyone familiar with these guys? Their prices seem a little steep compared to DD and Larue, so I'm wondering if its because of the "lubricous nickel-boron" that they are coating their parts with. Anyone smart on this coating?

http://legionfirearms.com/

Spitfire34
01-03-2012, 04:24
I have a bolt carrier group made by Fail Zero that is coated in Nickle Boron, several LEO associates of mine have the same product. I currently have about 1,000 rounds with the afore mentioned bcg without major lube (I put a drop on the gas rings after every cleaning) Cleaning only requires a dry rag to wipe the bcg off and it's done. I've had no failures so far and neither have my associates as far as I know. I have not seen or fired a Legion weapon but so far Nickle Boron is good to go in my book. Nickle Boron is advertised as a 100% permanent coating that will not chip, flake or wear off. Semper Fi

!elCUCUY!
01-06-2012, 07:13
I have a Colt M4 that is almost completely coated with fail zero. Also at work, we have a ton of weapons with fail zero coatings. My opinion is it cleans way easier, is a lot tougher than anodization but can't be run with no lube (like they claim). I have seen it fail with no lube....a lot. All in all I'm a fan and would say, like anything else, it has it's good points and bad points.

LongWire
01-06-2012, 09:14
My opinion is it cleans way easier, is a lot tougher than anodization but can't be run with no lube (like they claim).

I would contend that you could probably get a few shots off, but I wouldn't try running it completely dry. All Weapons need some lube so that when they heat up the part will still be able to move.

If that coating really didn't need any lube, then we'd all be running out to have the engines of our vehicles coated with it!!!!

Thanks........