PDA

View Full Version : SGM McMullin (RIP)

Pete
12-28-2011, 07:22
Kenneth E. McMullin
| Visit Guest Book
[Photo]

FAYETTEVILLE - Retired Army Sgt. Maj. Kenneth E. McMullin, of Fayetteville, died Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011. He served in the Army for 30 years, including 27 years in Special Forces. His service included multiple tours in Panama, Vietnam and Thailand. He made the combat parachute jump into BuPrang, in South Vietnam, and was a member of the assault team into the Son Tay POW Camp. His awards include the Silver Star, Bronze Star with "V" device, and the Purple Heart. He was born in Inglewood, Calif., May 22, 1940, to Everett K and Patricia G. McMullin. Left behind are his son, Special Forces Chief Warrant Officer 3 Steven D. McMullin and wife Kristin; his daughter, Patricia T. Marcello; two granddaughters, Laurel and Scout; and his sisters, Patsy Brierley, Cathy Clement and Dina Ferguson, all of the Los Angeles area. A memorial service will be held at the JFK Chapel on Fort Bragg and at Saint Cross by the Sea Episcopal Church in Hermosa Beach, Calif. Burial will be in the Pacific Ocean. Services to be announced at a later date. "Also, I heard the voice of the Lord, saying whom shall I send and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8. Pinecrest Funeral & Cremation Services of Hope Mills.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fayettevilleobserver/obituary.aspx?n=kenneth-e-mcmullin&pid=155217962

RIP - A great man and well respected by all who knew him.

Coldsteel24
12-28-2011, 08:48
Rest in Peace Sergeant Major. Thank you for your service.

Dragbag036
12-28-2011, 09:06
RIP and prayers to the family.

Sohei
12-28-2011, 11:07
What an awesome legacy you have left for others to emulate! Rest in Peace, Warrior and thank you for your many years of service and sacrifice.

Red Flag 1
12-28-2011, 11:51
Rest In God's Peace SGM.

greenberetTFS
12-28-2011, 11:55
Gone,but not forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw&feature=related

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.....:(

He was just a simple soldier and his ranks are growing thin
But his presence should remind us; we may need his like again,
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.......:(

Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY. (author unknown)

The passing of our soldiers often go unnoticed and unsung by most of the world, remembered only by family and friends. Wish it were not so. May he RIP, his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.........:(

I realize it's a Canadian song,however I believe most appropriate for this occasion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkgV5bl7kQ

Big Teddy

Snaquebite
12-28-2011, 18:34
The California memorial for Kenny will be on Friday, Jan. 6 at 2pm at St. Cross Episcopal Church, 1818 Monterey Bl., Hermosa Beach 90254.

There will also be a military funeral at Ft. Bragg sometime in February. His son Steve is coordinating those details with the army - Kenny touched many lives and it will be a significant event, hence the long lead time.

TrapperFrank
12-28-2011, 19:06
My condolences to the family of SGM McMullin. I held him in high esteem, he was a true professional and will be greatly missed.

Snaquebite
12-28-2011, 20:20
Some info about Kenny

http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.asp?ID=1592

Saoirse
12-29-2011, 00:34
Rest in Peace! You were a good friend, a great mentor and a wonderful father figure. I will miss you!

akv
12-29-2011, 00:52
Rest In Peace and Thank You

Goggles Pizano
12-29-2011, 06:50
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen.
In pace requiescat SGM McMullin.
Dominus vobiscum.

FMF DOC
12-29-2011, 07:39
RIP

blue02hd
12-29-2011, 09:53
RIP SGM,,

Joker
12-29-2011, 21:27
Rest in most deserved peace my friend.

Joker

Snaquebite
01-04-2012, 20:20
Memorial for SGM Kenny McMullin will be January 31st at the JFK Chapel, Fort Bragg, NC at 1400 hrs. A reception will follow approximately at 1600 at Charlie Mike's Pub

Richard
01-04-2012, 20:37
Didn't know him but knew of him. RIP, SGM!

Richard

SF_BHT
01-04-2012, 22:11
RIP Brother you will be missed....

NSDQ
01-04-2012, 23:22
RIP SGM McMullin. Thank you for your service.

Mgrayfox
01-05-2012, 14:29
Rest in peace Warrior, thank you for your service and your guidance!

Stingray
01-10-2012, 08:52
Rest in peace Sgt. Major. Thank you greatly for your service. Prayers out to your loved ones.

Sincerely,

Snaquebite
01-16-2012, 18:59
Some pictures forwarded to me by one of QPs (Bigsunbum) that attended the memorial in Hermosa Beach.

There were others with some those in attenance, but without their persmission I decided not to post those.

Reminder and for those who arenot aware: The Ft Bragg Memorialservice is scheule for 31 Jan 1400 hrs at the JFK Chapel.

Rogue
01-17-2012, 15:44
Rest In Peace and Thank You

alelks
01-30-2012, 19:09
Just a gentle reminder that Mac's memorial service is the 31st (Tuesday) 1400 at the JFK Chapel ...

Snaquebite
02-02-2012, 18:08
http://www.dvidshub.net/news/83162/special-forces-hero-memorialized-bragg-ceremony#.TyskWMU9kyI

FORT BRAGG, N.C. – Hundreds of Green Berets volunteered for the mission. But after months of preparation on November 20, 1970, only 56 of them used the cover of darkness to infiltrate the North Vietnamese prison camp of Son Tay in an attempt to rescue 70 American prisoners of war more than 100 miles behind enemy lines. The raid was a tactical success, neutralizing hundreds of North Vietnamese soldiers with only two minor injuries received by American forces.

One of these men, the late, retired Sgt. Maj. Kenneth E. McMullin was memorialized by hundreds of fellow Green Berets, friends and family members in a ceremony at the John F. Kennedy Memorial Chapel on Fort Bragg, Jan. 31 to honor not only his role as one of the elite Son Tay Raiders, but for his 32 years of military service.

“I am truly humbled to have served with him,” said Brig. Gen. Edward Reeder, U.S. Army Special Forces Command commanding general. “He embodied the spirit of Special Forces across decades of service.”

rtj731
02-14-2012, 20:49
Kenny was my first SGM, in SF. How bout a Q grad getting assigned to a forward deployed unit right out of the box. The BN CSM and the then BC, (now a close friend) both livid with the fact that I had been assigned with out paying dues states side.

Kenny, took me in, gave me direction, and showed me the SPECIAL way. I owe my entire Army experience to the likes of Kenny Mac and several other great SGM's of the time.

Qdini
05-09-2014, 08:32
Can't express my feelings about the loss of this giant of a man.
A SF soldier's soldier if ever there was one........

My first meeting with him, I was a young SGT waiting to get introduced to his Company in Panama. As I waited for him to show up, I noticed that unlike most SGMs, he had only one small snapshot on his "Love Me" wall. It showed a bright eyed, hard looking man surrounded by others of his cut of cloth. They were all wearing goggles and night gear. When SGM Mac entered his office and noticed me looking at the photo, all he said was "That was us training for Son Tay".

That's the kind of SF Trooper he was, but you guys all know that.

It was an honor to walk the same ground as you SGM.

Thanks for everything and then some!

I hope to buy you a beer in Valhalla someday.............