PDA

View Full Version : Silver stars for daring rescues........

greenberetTFS
12-27-2011, 14:50
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/12/army-silver-stars-for-daring-rescues-afgahnistan-012611w/

Big Teddy :munchin

SF_BHT
12-27-2011, 21:34
Thanks Big Teddy for the post.......

Those Men did great and as all our troops will continue to fight and make all of us proud.

alright4u
02-03-2012, 15:38
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/12/army-silver-stars-for-daring-rescues-afgahnistan-012611w/

Big Teddy :munchin

I am always pleased to hear how certain members of our military respond to enemy fire, overcome it, then they turn what could have been defeat and/or more casualties into bad news for the enemy.

I am also pleased to see commanders are taking care of their men. That was my number gripe when I heard damn good one zeroes at CCS went before the promotion board and got laughed at.

Officers- "Take care of your troops." They, the NCO's, face promotion boards. Write those words you reserve for officer's OER's on EERs. Don't think you as an officer were the lone hero.

abc_123
02-03-2012, 21:42
I am always pleased to hear how certain members of our military respond to enemy fire, overcome it, then they turn what could have been defeat and/or more casualties into bad news for the enemy.

I am also pleased to see commanders are taking care of their men. That was my number gripe when I heard damn good one zeroes at CCS went before the promotion board and got laughed at.

Officers- "Take care of your troops." They, the NCO's, face promotion boards. Write those words you reserve for officer's OER's on EERs. Don't think you as an officer were the lone hero.

Good words. Very true. Very true indeed. Also, young officers, remember that you will also hear, "Your call Sir, what do you want us to do?" When faced with a difficult call. Or, the response, "You are, Sir." when you walk up on a group of enlisted/NCOs in what looks like a jacked up situation and ask, "Who's in charge here?"

Ultimately, when the troops won't move, it is the officer's responsibility to get up and lead from the front and say, "folllow me". At that time the officer earns all the pay and extra perks that he has gotten. The enlisted soldier can do nothing and not be thought ill of, but the officer is held to a higher standard. As it should be.

Sarski
02-04-2012, 13:43
"It's an honor to be a Silver Star recipient, but the events that had to happen for me to get that, I’d rather not have happened,”

SGT Wilder's statement here IMO is a philosophically deep reflection and observatoon of the nature of warfare.

Congradulations to all of these battle tested warriors. Glad you are all on this side!