PDA

View Full Version : Article About The Green Beret Foundation

S. B. Newman
12-23-2011, 12:29
I wrote this article about the Green Beret Foundation. Please take the time to read it and pass it on! Thanks, Steve

http://summerville.patch.com/blog_posts/the-green-beret-foundation-ba6d8657

Bitz
12-23-2011, 13:30
Nicely done. I have added your link to my FB

~Bitz

Tatonka316
12-23-2011, 14:02
Thanks Steve! You R da man!!!:D

molon labe:lifter

greenberetTFS
12-23-2011, 14:04
Outstanding Steve............:lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

DesertRat
12-23-2011, 18:57
Great job. I will pass it along.

Team Sergeant
12-23-2011, 19:33
I didn't know you could write! (Great job);)

S. B. Newman
12-24-2011, 07:05
I didn't know you could write! (Great job);)

Jury is still out! :) :cool:

FXCOfire
12-25-2011, 14:55
Excellent. I will repost this and didn't know the GBF has only been around for 2 years.

This Friday for the GORUCK DC Scavenger Hunt, our team weight will be $400 in quarters to be donated to the Green Beret Foundation at the end of the day's event & activities. The weight will be insignificant to the sacrifices & needs of those that served.

FXCOfire

S. B. Newman
12-26-2011, 08:18
Excellent. I will repost this and didn't know the GBF has only been around for 2 years.

This Friday for the GORUCK DC Scavenger Hunt, our team weight will be $400 in quarters to be donated to the Green Beret Foundation at the end of the day's event & activities. The weight will be insignificant to the sacrifices & needs of those that served.

FXCOfire

That is awesome! How much does $400 in quarters actually weigh?

The Reaper
12-26-2011, 10:02
That is awesome! How much does $400 in quarters actually weigh?

Just over 20 lbs., IIRC

TR

S. B. Newman
12-26-2011, 18:49
Just over 20 lbs., IIRC

TR

Thats a lot of quarters!

BigWave
12-26-2011, 18:52
I have been familiar and have donated/worked with WWP and SOWF over the years, but had yet to be made aware of the Green Beret Foundation. Having read your article and now having reviewed the site, I have forwarded the link to many like minded patriots who care greatly for our servicemen and women.

My brother trains medics at Ft. Sam in San Antonio, so I spend as much time as I can at BAMC with WWP or just on my own with the guys recovering or, hopefully, in therapy at the Center for the Intrepid. The Ruck program that the Foundation offers is so important...I see how a wounded warrior's demeanor changes when someone from his unit comes into the room and he is able to really have that one on one discussion that he was trying to have or couldn't have with a "never been" like me. The psychological interaction and development works wonders that physical medicine can never touch. Though I may have never been in combat, I do know about terminal illness and TBI and what it takes to recover from it; still a work in progress. I also know how often our VA and government drops the ball on this front, and I am glad that there are entities like that of the Green Beret Foundation and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation that assist warriors and their families as they endure these difficult times.

SF goes far above and beyond in support of this country very day and I am grateful for it. That duty claimed the life of a close friend that I will be forever indebted to for his sacrifice. I am hopeful that I can do more in the future.

Godspeed, Gentlemen.

S. B. Newman
12-27-2011, 09:26
Very profound response Big Wave, your heart felt sincerity is as genuine as it gets. Know that Professional Soldiers.com has been advocating for the Green Beret Foundation since the beginning. Just ask any of the QP's on here.

I think the main reason is because the Green Beret Foundations' primary focus has been on helping our fellow soldiers, in their time of need. Now, the foundation is looking to expand their very special kind of support to the entire force!

The foundation is an amazing success story, due in large part to the support it has received from the QP's and others on this site. The success is also due in large part to a young lady named, Jennifer Paquette. I interviewed her last year and the results of that interview can be found on my personal (Official Blog).

http://thenighteaglessoared.blogspot.com/2010/10/interview-with-jennifer-paquette-of.html

Please take the time to check out that interview and if you would, share it with those you know.

Again thanks!

Steve

BigWave
12-27-2011, 13:52
Thank you, Steve. Please forgive my ignorance, as I have been "offline" / out of commission for about eighteen months fighting a battle of my own and have lost touch with this site and the foundations and projects that I follow. I am slowly moving back into the mainstream and hope to get current at some point in the near future. If there is ever anything that I can do, please feel free to PM me and I will do what I can and/or forward it to my considerable list of military/former military do-gooders for assistance. That goes for anyone on this site, anytime.

All the best,

Dave

S. B. Newman
12-27-2011, 16:24
Thank you, Steve. Please forgive my ignorance, as I have been "offline" / out of commission for about eighteen months fighting a battle of my own and have lost touch with this site and the foundations and projects that I follow. I am slowly moving back into the mainstream and hope to get current at some point in the near future. If there is ever anything that I can do, please feel free to PM me and I will do what I can and/or forward it to my considerable list of military/former military do-gooders for assistance. That goes for anyone on this site, anytime.

All the best,

Dave

I hope you've overcome the obstacles that you faced! Thanks for the email, I appreciate that.

Sometimes, the ones who work the hardest, give the most, are the quietest about what they've done, that's called honor. They inspire the rest of us. That is called pride.

You inspire me! And I am proud to know you!

Steve

S. B. Newman
01-30-2012, 07:45
I wrote this article about the Green Beret Foundation. Please take the time to read it and pass it on! Thanks, Steve

http://summerville.patch.com/blog_posts/the-green-beret-foundation-ba6d8657

Thank you all for checking out the article, the comments and the support demonstrated for the foundation. The overall effort has been tremendous, and now that the new year has begun, I have decided to continue my efforts to raise awareness and money for the foundation through the sale of my book, “The Night Eagles Soared.” (http://sites.google.com/site/thenighteaglessoared/)
Many of you have ordered a copy and I appreciate that. Still there is a lot of work to do. I have set the goal of raising $200 for the foundation through the sale of my book. So far I have sold 7 copies this year! I need to sell 93 more to reach the goal. Please help me accomplish this goal by telling your friends about the Foundation and about the book.

To support this effort, go to this link and order a copy of the book (http://sites.google.com/site/thenighteaglessoared/). It will make a difference. Thanks

Steve.

http://sites.google.com/site/thenighteaglessoared/

Matt930s
01-30-2012, 14:12
Hi Steve.... The Jennifer Paquette article really puts it into perspective.

I would like to make a corporate donation to the foundation in the name of your book. I would also like to purchase 2 books, 1 for me and 1 for my dad (retired 18Z) who is over in Afghanistan as a contractor.

I work for a company that supports Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center here in Charleston, SC; I also actively look to recruit former military and retirees into the IT and Engineering fields at SPAWAR. I will pass your link(s) around the agency to spread awareness.

Please PM me to work the details of the donation (visa gift card works well for accounting purposes).

Matt R

Matt930s
01-30-2012, 14:23
FYI:

"Matt, you just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1GD194135M021241P.
We'll send a confirmation email to XXXXX@XXXX.com."

Look forward to reading the book.
Thank you, and keep up the great work.

Matt R

S. B. Newman
01-30-2012, 16:35
Hi Steve.... The Jennifer Paquette article really puts it into perspective.

I would like to make a corporate donation to the foundation in the name of your book. I would also like to purchase 2 books, 1 for me and 1 for my dad (retired 18Z) who is over in Afghanistan as a contractor.

I work for a company that supports Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center here in Charleston, SC; I also actively look to recruit former military and retirees into the IT and Engineering fields at SPAWAR. I will pass your link(s) around the agency to spread awareness.

Please PM me to work the details of the donation (visa gift card works well for accounting purposes).

Matt R

PM Sent: In the past I have taken in small donations and sent them in for folks. I think for this situation, reaching out to the GBF on your part would be more appropriate, depending on the size of the donation you want to make. Let me know what you decide to do!

And the other article Matt is talking about can be found at this link. http://thenighteaglessoared.blogspot.com/2010/10/interview-with-jennifer-paquette-of.html

Since I wrote this article the foundation has created a donate now button on their website and they have a Combined Federal Campaign number now... There is a thread on that in here, and can be found with a quick search.

Thank you Matt!

Roguish Lawyer
01-30-2012, 18:56
Donations to the Green Beret Foundation can be made here (click the "make a donation" button):

http://greenberetfoundation.org/

S. B. Newman
01-31-2012, 07:04
Donations to the Green Beret Foundation can be made here (click the "make a donation" button):

http://greenberetfoundation.org/

Thanks for posting the link for the Green Beret Foundations’ home page where folks can find the “Donate Now” button. Please, I encourage everybody to go to the foundations website to make individual donations.

I would also like to point out that the foundation has created an “Online Store” that can be found on their website. What I like about it is that they are offering products that are produced by or have a connection back to the SF Community. I also like the fact that the proceeds or a portion of the proceeds go to the foundation. There are several other books in there that folks might enjoy.

Check it out and you will find, John “Stryker” Meyers book, a Non-Fiction piece about the Recon Teams in Vietnam, and Gold Star Father, Author Jeff Falkel’s book “The Making of Our Warrior.” I believe both Authors are members of this site as well. These are excellent books that I highly recommend. Making a purchase through the foundation just makes it that much better.

Thanks and GBU!

Steve

I am still working to achieve my goal!