PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show

Tuukka
12-15-2011, 10:49
Who do we have attending SHOT Show in Las Vegas?

Looks like that wont be the only expo in town that week :D

I will there and a couple of friends/team mates are tagging along again.

Ambush Master
12-15-2011, 18:46
Definitely, and you know where to find us!! (Chris Reeve Knives Booth)

Tatonka316
12-15-2011, 20:47
I will be there too! Will be based out of Freedom Hunter's booth, but apparently we are up on the second floor with the other non-profits in the press/media area.

molon labe:lifter

Tuukka
12-16-2011, 03:54
I will be there too! Will be based out of Freedom Hunter's booth, but apparently we are up on the second floor with the other non-profits in the press/media area.

American Snipers, right?

I got your coin last year.

See you guys there!

Gypsy
12-16-2011, 18:34
American Snipers, right?

I got your coin last year.

See you guys there!

No, that's Brian K. Sain.

Tatonka is Junior's Bullet Pen.

It is quite possible that I will be there next year. :lifter

sfrecrutr
12-20-2011, 14:17
My new company will be there. stop by and visit us

Ed

Team Sergeant
12-20-2011, 14:26
My new company will be there. stop by and visit us

Ed

I see you have a "static line and HALO" drop zone, nice...... (The whole world is a HALO DZ.....)

dr. mabuse
12-22-2011, 23:34
Son and I will probably be there for a few days. :D

If we don't get put away for flying too low in Arizona or New Mexico!

gunnerjohn
01-11-2012, 12:42
I'll be there as usual. Those that have my number feel free to holler for link up.
AM... I'm sure you'll be at your normal place

Ambush Master
01-12-2012, 10:09
I've made it to Boise and am at "The Shop" now!!

Later
Martin

Bill Harsey
01-12-2012, 10:31
I've made it to Boise and am at "The Shop" now!!

Later
Martin

Good news. Chris got the air conditioning running? :D

see ya a few days.

x SF med
01-12-2012, 14:23
Gunner, AM, Bill H, Doc M, Tatonka.... and a few others I know of.... this is going to be an interesting week.

note to self... leave all cash and credit cards at home... but... we will have an MD or two on board to take care of liver/kidney issues...:rolleyes:

Viking0815
01-12-2012, 17:02
I won't be able to make this one.........new job is keeping my schedule tight!

All QP's in attendance should stop by "Blacks Shooting Supplies", long time friend of mine and all around great guy. He has forgot more about weapons, trajectory, etc...........than i will ever know.

All of you interested in an AR15/M4 he does build a nice set up at a graet price, you can continue putting on the eye candy once its yours. I can personally gurantee his work and honesty.

Hope all of you that can attend have a great time...........I'll just sit here mumbling to myself.

Viking0815:munchin

Scotty
01-12-2012, 21:16
All - My company, Tactical Santa, and my subsidiary - American Froglube Distribution will be having a party in the Stratosphere Hotel's Grand Suite Tuesday night. Free beer, finger foods, etc. We should have some samples of our product, which is pretty phenomenal.

Martin, Bill, Tony and all, I will be seeing you at the CR area again but I hope you guys can come have a drink on us for a few.

All Professional Soldiers members are welcome. Just looking forward to seeing some old friends as well as making new.

Scotty

Doc Diego
01-13-2012, 11:32
A couple of old team mates are coming from Virginia for the show and scrounged an extra pass for me. So we'll be there and look forward to linking up with PS members. How about a RP where we could drop off contact info/cell numbers?

Ambush Master
01-13-2012, 12:41
The standard RP is the Chris Reeve Knives Booth, actually it's more of an FOB!! There will be plenty of us around there.

Later
Martin

Doc Diego
01-13-2012, 13:14
See you there...Jim

orion5
01-14-2012, 01:26
I'll miss you all terribly. Tell Chris/Anne I said hello. Have a great week, full of laughter and good times.

And if you see any pink trinkets/freebies, please throw them in the trash. :D

x SF med
01-14-2012, 11:22
The standard RP is the Chris Reeve Knives Booth, actually it's more of an FOB!! There will be plenty of us around there.

Later
Martin

You won't catch Ambush Master, he'll be wearing his pink Zorro mask to be unrecognizable....:eek: (gotcha last, I quit)

Ambush Master
01-14-2012, 21:23
You won't catch Ambush Master, he'll be wearing his pink Zorro mask to be unrecognizable....:eek: (gotcha last, I quit)

Hell, you,re the one with the Troll Avatar with PINK HAIR!! At least your "Statement" above bears no truth!!:munchin

The Reaper
01-14-2012, 22:28
I'll miss you all terribly. Tell Chris/Anne I said hello. Have a great week, full of laughter and good times.

And if you see any pink trinkets/freebies, please throw them in the trash. :D

You will be missed as well.

Hey, looks like we can cut back on the Woodford order for this op. :D

Pink scavenger hunt begins Monday morning.

TR

LibraryLady
01-17-2012, 11:17
I send the better half off to SHOT show and what do I get? That's right, Mama Nature decides to gift me with record snowfall. Where IS the justice in this? :confused:

Must think of a suitable welcome home reception... :lifter ;)

LL

swatsurgeon
01-17-2012, 12:50
Ah, the fun times at SHOT...wish I could make it this year but have to work. Already asked for days off next year.

Martin, stay out of medical trouble!!
Bill, keep all fingers attached and skin intact
TR, sorry, no medical goodies this year to hand out since I'm not there
Tatonka316, I need to order more pens!!!
Please give Chris and Anne my best....

Have fun all.

ss

Scotty
01-17-2012, 18:47
ALCON- Strat room number is 22094. Apparently there are multiple grand suites!! Hope to see you guys there.

Scotty

Tatonka316
01-18-2012, 00:07
Swat Surgeon!

Let me know how many pens you need ... I know the guy that makes them!:D:confused::boohoo

x SF med
01-19-2012, 18:21
WOW... TR is still ornery, AM is breaking his computer, lots of familiar faces are around.

swatsurgeon
01-21-2012, 17:17
so, what did you guys see that was hot this year? Chris or Bill or Spartan have anything new in the pipeline?

LongWire
01-21-2012, 18:25
Where's all the Pics???

Doc Diego
01-22-2012, 10:15
Ted Nugent was there, rock n' roll!

The Reaper
01-22-2012, 12:04
SHOT 2012 is over and this element has RTB without incident.

Great to see all of the members and friends who dropped by the Chris Reeve booth.

Lots of new gear there, good friends, great food and plenty of Woodford.

It took us till 1300 hours, Day Three to physically walk the entire show. The rest of the time was mop up.

Notables seen this year were the Nuge, Steven Tyler (who dropped by the CRK booth), "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, R. Lee Ermey, Lou Ferrigno, etc., etc. Chris and Anne Reeve, the Spartan Boys, and Bill Harsey. And lots of SF brothers.

Great time was had by all, lots of cards exchanged.

Mission Complete.

TR

orion5
01-29-2012, 20:23
Glad you guys had a great time and made it back safe and sound. I've been browsing various recaps of SHOT Show and found these interesting...

**The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) was very enthusiastic about the record numbers for the 2012 show [LINK] (http://www.shotshowblog.com/nations-passion-for-firearms-reflected-in-record-setting-shot-show/). NSSF also has high expectations for the firearms industry this year [2012 Firearm Sales Outlook] (http://nssf.org/newsroom/releases/show.cfm?PR=011812.cfm&path=2012). Hope they are right....

**Dave Petzal of Field & Stream was pretty amusing in his wrap up of the show [LINK] (http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun-nuts/2012/01/dave-petzal-shot-show-2012). While he shares NSSF's enthusiasm on the vitality of the shooting industry, he was distressed about the lack of quality booth babes. The horror! I'm sorry you guys had to endure a week under such conditions and hope you'll all recover in time.

Bill Harsey
01-30-2012, 10:28
Mr. Steven Tyler stopped by.
He was actually fun to talk with.

Doc Diego,
Sorry I missed you. I had split duties between CRK and Spartan.

It was great meeting a bunch of you other guys.

Edited to add:
Field and Stream's Dave Petzal was invited by LTC (Ret. former commander of the Army Marksmanship Unit)) Dave Liwanag to go shooting with him.
I introduced them and was witness to this offer.
Not sure Petzal was interested.

x SF med
01-30-2012, 12:53
Chris Reeve took my Sebenza back to the shop :eek::confused::(... luckily, I had brought other knives with me... I miss my Sebenza, it is my security blanket...

Barbarian
01-30-2012, 14:20
Chris Reeve took my Sebenza back to the shop

Huh? That an accident or is he gonna sign it?:confused:

Peregrino
01-30-2012, 19:49
Bill - Thank you for reminding me who Dave Petzal is. After following the link that O5 was kind enough to post, I'm sorry to say that I'm considerably underwhelmed by him and his attitude. After reading the article, I too doubt that he'll accept DL's invite (can I take it instead?). Personally, I think it's time another elitist dinosaur (and his fan club) got Zumbo'ed. (Read the comments below his article for context.) Hopefully, before it's too late, the snobs will figure out we're all in this together, that an attack on one is an attack on all, that the 2nd Amendment isn't about duck hunting, and their classic rifles with pretty wood stocks and pristine blueing is just another evil gun in the eyes of the confiscators.

Though I must concede, he was right about the dearth of Booth Babes.

The Reaper
01-30-2012, 20:43
Agreed on Petzal's article.

Weak, along with the comments below his screed. Some people just don't get it. I'd say Dave's offer is safe.

Booth babes seemed more numerous to me, but the other show that week may have had them working elsewhere.:D

TR