PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment

Dusty
12-04-2011, 10:15
lol Why not charge the wench teacher with pedophilia for dressing in such a manner as to arouse the kid?

Freaking ridiculous feminazi BS. :mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/04/boy-suspended-from-school-for-sexual-harassment-after-calling-teacher-cute/?test=latestnews

A 9-year-old boy North Carolina boy was suspended for calling a teacher “cute,” WSOCTV.com reports.

The boy’s mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the principal of Brookside Elementary in Gastonia called her after the incident to say the comment was a form of “sexual harassment.”

"It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way," Lockett said. "So why would he be suspended for two days?”

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements."

The district's Code of Conduct doesn't list "inappropriate behavior," but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out-of-school suspension.

The news of the North Carolina boy’s suspension comes as a Massachusetts elementary school is investigating a first-grader for sexual harassment after the boy struck another boy his age in the groin.

Snip

SF_BHT
12-04-2011, 11:00
God where has the common sense gone? He said she was Cute? Boy that was bad and threatining.... A boy kicked another in the balls guess he got the lecture that there were no rules when you fight. You fight to win but that was a low blow:p;)

There has to be more to both stories.... or I would hope there is......

PedOncoDoc
12-04-2011, 11:07
God where has the common sense gone? He said she was Cute? Boy that was bad and threatining.... A boy kicked another in the balls guess he got the lecture that there were no rules when you fight. You fight to win but that was a low blow:p;)

The boy in Massachussetts punched the kid in the groin in self defense ater the other kid was choking him, and apparently had been harrassing him all year on the bus. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boston-first-grader-investigated-sexual-harassment-punching-classmate-groin-article-1.985944?localLinksEnabled=false)

The Massachussetts boy's mom raises a good point - if her kid can be charged with sexual assault for a cockpunch, the other boy should be charged with assault and/or attempted murder for the choking under the same logic.

And, I can't recall how many times a teacher has called one of my kids "cute" - does that mean they're sexually harrassing my kids? Hell no.

This shit needs to stop. Kids will be kids, make a few bad decisions and will get in fights.

mojaveman
12-04-2011, 12:12
Agree that the sex harassment issue is getting a little ridiculous. In the American workplace if a male looks at a female co-worker for more than 30 seconds it can be considered harassment.

Explained to a group of European businessmen onetime what an American style sex harassment lawsuit was and they just laughed.

rdret1
12-04-2011, 12:51
Maybe Richard can chime in about why some school administrators seem to go off the deep end. Just this year; a kid was suspended for farting on the bus in Ohio, a group of 6 year olds for pointing their fingers at each other while playing "cops and robbers" in NJ, and these two heinous offenses.

It seems we are not teaching kids how to deal with things in ways commensurate with the situation. Zero tolerance policies are ludicrous, and lead to ludicrous decisions.

Sarski
12-04-2011, 13:14
I once told one of my teachers that I could picture her relaxing in a hot bath after a long day of teaching...that would have probably earned me a lethal injectio today. She wasn't cute though, she was 23, just out of college, and HOT!

alright4u
12-04-2011, 18:34
I once told one of my teachers that I could picture her relaxing in a hot bath after a long day of teaching...that would have probably earned me a lethal injectio today. She wasn't cute though, she was 23, just out of college, and HOT!

When you were 9 years old like like this kid, 10-1 says no women saw a damn thing in you. You wany me to buy you were Joe Studley? WRONG. These kids were too young for this BS. Little league baseball was 10-12. This was a kid. To make this into some sex case is to play into the women who have screwed the 15 plus year olds in school. What lovely authority figures.

And you had a vivid imagination of her in the bath? See a shrink.

Richard
12-04-2011, 18:51
To me, this kinda thing reinforces my personal opinion that nobody - including the so-called educated, the Fourth Estate, and the general public - is immune to the effects of individual, organizational, and cultural stupidity.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

alright4u
12-04-2011, 20:07
To me, this kinda thing reinforces my personal opinion that nobody - including the so-called educated, the Fourth Estate, and the general public - is immune to the effects of individual, organizational, and cultural stupidity.

And so it goes...

Stupid is the word for the news (posted by the left wing 4th estate).

This is not even newsworthy. It is ashame Obama and his pals are teaching these little boys to be gay or to at least accept them.

What is the truth about the UCMJ and those known to be on the down low and how was it changed if also true for bestiality?

Why are we covereing for queers, fags, plus these kind of folks? You think I want a son going through this boom boom whan wham BS? "We are one sad ass nation now with libs telling us-take our trash in your Army."

Dozer523
12-04-2011, 23:22
. Did you say something BO? I was distracted by your cute avatar.

dr. mabuse
12-05-2011, 10:03
Oh I think there's a lot more to this story. This has the distinct smell of "media spin." Not that school administrations don't do really dumb things sometimes, but I seriously doubt the boy did nothing more than call his teacher "cute." Not buying it.

Also, Chiquita Lockett??? Really?

Who knows. Supposedly, a 9 yo boy was nearly suspended for having the unmitigated gall to bring a gun to school.

A 2 inch inch long, solid plastic LEGO block gun, the most pernicious zip gun around.

I'm confident cooler heads will prevail and perhaps the NEA :rolleyes: will step in and straighten this whole thing out.

sf11b_p
12-06-2011, 02:43

There has to be more to both stories.... or I would hope there is......

Could be...

by Audrina Bigos

Story Created: Dec 5, 2011 at 10:29 PM EST

Story Updated: Dec 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM EST

GASTONIA, NC- "I didn't think I did anything wrong, because all I did was call the teacher cute," said Emanyea Lockett, a fourth grader at Brookside Elementary School in Gastonia.

In a letter to Emanyea's mother, the principal says a substitute teacher overheard Emanyae say "she is fine" last Wednesday.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/nc-news/135071198.html

The statement can't be evaluated correctly without a pic of the teacher, I mean is she hot.

Kick in the balls though, sexual harassment huh, gotta be some kinky people in Massachusetts.

Sdiver
12-06-2011, 03:41
Taken from this link posted by sf11b_p .....

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/nc-news/135071198.html

GASTONIA, NC- "I didn't think I did anything wrong, because all I did was call the teacher cute," said Emanyea Lockett, a fourth grader at Brookside Elementary School in Gastonia.

In a letter to Emanyea's mother, the principal says a substitute teacher overheard Emanyae say "she is fine" last Wednesday.

"I was in school and I was in computer lab and the principal came and took me to his office," said Emanyae.

The principal sent Emanyae home on a two-day suspension. His mother, Chiquita says the principal told her the comment is considered sexual harassment.

"I'm very upset that a 9 year-old is being labeled as a sexual predator. The accusations don't fit the description," sais Chiquita Lockett, Emanyae’s mother.

In the letter to Chiquita, the principal also said that he's been warned in the past for calling students bad names. Chiquita says she's never been notified and he's never been suspended before.

Chiquita also says the principal threw her off guard during a phone conversation... when she says he told her, “Maybe in your culture this is acceptable."

Emanye says classmates who get suspended are considered bad students, and he doesn't want to be like them.

His mom says she thinks the punishment is harsh, but there's a lesson in every situation.

"Maybe I'll tell him in certain situations just know how to choose your words and just kind of keep it to yourself. But he's shouldn't be stopped to express his feelings. This is freedom of speech," said Lockett.

I can't believe the press is "pitching" softballs the way they are. First "Rayon", now this .... :eek:

That's bananas .... :munchin

DesertRat
12-06-2011, 08:14
I dont even know what to say. Some how some way we really lost our way in this Country.

Badger52
12-06-2011, 09:04
Chiquita also says the principal threw her off guard during a phone conversation... when she says he told her, “Maybe in your culture this is acceptable."Uh-oh. Another Southwest "bags fly free" destination for Al Sharpton.

Sigaba
12-06-2011, 14:31
Source is here (http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29935344/detail.html).GASTON COUNTY, N.C. -- An investigation by school officials of the suspension of a fourth-grade student determined that no sexual harassment occurred, Gaston County Schools officials said.

Chiquita Lockett, the mother of 9-year-old Emanyea Lockett, said last week her son was suspended for sexual harassment for calling a teacher cute.

In a letter to Chiquita Lockett, school officials said Emanyea said a teacher was fine in a suggestive tone. School officials said in addition to the comment about the teacher, Emanyea had been warned about calling students bad words.

Chiquita Lockett said she was never told about the other comments. Emanyea said he didn’t use bad language about other students.

On Tuesday, the school system issued a statement saying there was no sexual harassment.

“We regret this situation happened. The superintendent has attempted to contact the family to offer an apology to the parents and student. The school system is also sending an official letter of apology to the parents and student,” the statement says in part.

The suspension will not count against Emanyea, and additional instructional assistance will be provided to him for the classroom time missed, the school system said.

The school's statement is here (http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29935441/detail.html).
Statement from school system concerning Brookside Elementary School student
"After a thorough investigation by school officials involving the suspension of a fourth grade student at one of our elementary schools, it has been determined there was no sexual harassment.

We regret this situation happened. The superintendent has attempted to contact the family to offer an apology to the parents and student. The school system is also sending an official letter of apology to the parents and student.

The suspension will not count against the student and additional instructional assistance will be provided to the student for the classroom time missed.

If a concern is reported by parents to the district office, our procedure is to investigate it and follow up with the parents."

[Snarky comments and suggestive remarks about two other women named Chiquita, inappropriate uses of bananas, as well as Brush Okie's and Orion5's avatars deleted by PGP ProCloud 2012 Osmium Edition.]

s
12-06-2011, 14:55
WTF?!?!?!:eek:

Sarski
12-06-2011, 23:51
Very serious accusations redacted in a CYA move by administrators, who IMHO shouldn't be administrating.

What probably happened is that HR couldn't find the kids form indicating he had attended the briefing, and since he wasn't an employee anyways- and the way the laws are written, and etc.

alright4u
12-07-2011, 16:19
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/07/9277654-principal-forced-out-over-9-year-olds-sexual-harassment-suspension

Sarski
12-08-2011, 23:59
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/07/9277654-principal-forced-out-over-9-year-olds-sexual-harassment-suspension

And Bostic wants the benefit of the doubt after one mistake. Well, this mistake is more like a huge multi car pile up, and far more than he, the sub, or this "cute teacher" gave the kid in consideration. That's at least three against one if you ask me. Hardly fair.

Crito
12-09-2011, 14:07
More details emerge:
http://blog.chron.com/hottopics/2011/12/4th-grader-suspended-for-sexual-harassment-for-calling-a-teacher-%E2%80%98cute%E2%80%99-maybe-not/

"The school claims, among other things that the boy made suggestive comments, calling the substitute teacher “fine” and that he continued to call other students the ‘n-word’ after school officials warned him not to, according to WSOCTV."

What would be the appropriate action by the administrator? It sounds like the kid was given warnings about name calling multiple times and the administrator acted. Maybe he over reacted, but a 2 day suspension doesn't justify firing the administrator, in my opinion.

rdret1
12-10-2011, 06:50
More details emerge:
http://blog.chron.com/hottopics/2011/12/4th-grader-suspended-for-sexual-harassment-for-calling-a-teacher-%E2%80%98cute%E2%80%99-maybe-not/

"The school claims, among other things that the boy made suggestive comments, calling the substitute teacher “fine” and that he continued to call other students the ‘n-word’ after school officials warned him not to, according to WSOCTV."

What would be the appropriate action by the administrator? It sounds like the kid was given warnings about name calling multiple times and the administrator acted. Maybe he over reacted, but a 2 day suspension doesn't justify firing the administrator, in my opinion.

The name calling is BS. Anyone that lives near, in, or works in poorer, predominantly black neighborhoods knows the "N-word" is used for everything from a greeting to describing one of their friends. If you don't have personal experience, all you have to do is watch a rap video. For this kid, that was probably a natural way of speaking. For the school administration to not recognize it for what it was speaks to the nature of many sero tolerance policies. If the kid lives one way, taking his lessons from those around him in his home and neighborhood, it will be difficult for a school policy to change his attitude. I actually think the school is saying this as a way to deflect from the fact that they overreacted.

Sigaba
12-10-2011, 17:31
The name calling is BS. Anyone that lives near, in, or works in poorer, predominantly black neighborhoods knows the "N-word" is used for everything from a greeting to describing one of their friends. If you don't have personal experience, all you have to do is watch a rap video. For this kid, that was probably a natural way of speaking. For the school administration to not recognize it for what it was speaks to the nature of many zero tolerance policies. If the kid lives one way, taking his lessons from those around him in his home and neighborhood, it will be difficult for a school policy to change his attitude. I actually think the school is saying this as a way to deflect from the fact that they overreacted.
By the same measure, the word "fine" is like the wolf whistle. The word can be used to communicate a broad range of views ranging from innocent respect for aesthetic beauty, to playful self-mocking flirtation, to dehumanizing contempt that reflects a misogynistic objectification of women as sexual objects.

For this reason, I'd like to know more about the substitute teacher and how she communicated the incident to the principal.

Sigaba
12-10-2011, 18:44
I doubt a 9 y/o understands all the implications even the most sexual connotation on the remark is. Lets face it the school over reacted. IMHO they are trying to play the race card to justify their actions.

BTW lets see a photo of the teacher and see if she is cute or not. Lets not judge the kid without a photo of the teacher.I think you misread my post. My comments center around the substitute teacher, not the kid.

Moreover, do blanket generalizations about what kids do or do not understand negate the fact that kids often say things they do not fully comprehend?

rdret1
12-11-2011, 06:31
Moreover, do blanket generalizations about what kids do or do not understand negate the fact that kids often say things they do not fully comprehend?

I agree 100%. This is my main problem with zero tolerance policies. Kids this age are just starting to learn many things about themselves and life in general. They are starting to try to emulate those they look up to. Seldom, however, do they truly understand everything about the actions they copy. Schools used to have principals and counselors that would work with kids that they perceived as having a problem. At the least, the parents would be called in for a conference before things got out of hand. Now it seems common practice to jump to conclusions and immediately suspend kids for any and everything.

Richard
12-11-2011, 07:00
Schools used to have principals and counselors that would work with kids that they perceived as having a problem. At the least, the parents would be called in for a conference before things got out of hand.

It has been my experience here and in communicating with educators nation-wide that the majority of schools still operate in such a manner. However, such behavior on the school's part doesn't make the news...especially Fox News.

As far as substitute teachers go, here in the RISD subs have to hold a valid Teacher Certificate as do all teachers. The subs here are either teachers taking time off to raise a family, young teachers subbing while seeking a permanent teaching position, or older teachers who have retired and sub when avaialble or are seeking to supplement their retirement incomes. It makes a difference. Not all districts, unfortunately, have such a policy and those schools suffer for it.

And so it goes...

Dozer523
12-11-2011, 07:21
And some kids are total a$$holes to subs. Obviously not YOUR kid, but . . .

greenberetTFS
12-13-2011, 16:56
And some kids are total a$$holes to subs. Obviously not YOUR kid, but . . .

I concur.........:(

Big Teddy :munchin

Sarski
12-14-2011, 08:19
There is a big difference between racial infractions and that which the admins elected to ultimately suspend the boy for. That which first made the news, and the info that followed as time went on, and that which the admin and principal eventually attempted to contact the family and apologize for thier actions.

I'm not saying this makes it okay, but if child "a" is getting suspended for, lets say for bringing tobacco products to school, it should not matter that child "a" tripped child "b" in the cafeteria last week.

Overall behaviour taken into account? Of course, but that should have been kept between admins, the kid and the principle, and not a range of he did this and that that culminates in a sexual harasement suspension.

Also, warning the child is the 1st step. Then detentiom, with slips sent home to mom and dad, then parent / child / principal conference, then suspension...should actions warrant such. Obviously the sitiation I describe with tobacco products is an infraction of a different nature.

In anycase a paper trail of these warnings, detentions, and meetings with signatures of all invovled, including that of the child goes into their folder.

greenberetTFS
12-14-2011, 12:35
Dozer

Clear your PM box so I can send you something!!!!.............:rolleyes:

Dozer523 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Big Teddy :munchin

Dozer523
12-14-2011, 22:35
Dozer

Clear your PM box so I can send you something!!!!.............:rolleyes:Big Teddy :munchin Sometimes I don't hear, but sometimes I don't listen. :D