PDA

View Full Version : It must be nice being President... Obama to jet off to Hawaii for SEVENTEEN DAY Chris

BMT (RIP)
12-03-2011, 16:35
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069471/President-Obama-jet-Hawaii-SEVENTEEN-DAY-Christmas-holiday.html

Maybe we should cut the 89th MAW!!

BMT

Intel Cop
12-03-2011, 20:46
I wish he would take a longer vacation. He can't do much damage from the beaches in Hawaii.

ChuckG
12-03-2011, 21:41
I was in Hawaii last year at Christmas time when he was there and it just destroys traffic, which is bad on the island anyway. I play golf at the Marine Kaneohe Klipper course as does nobama. When he shows up they kick all of the military off of the course, so he can play and have his security. Heard the same thing happens on the military courses in the D.C. Area.

I just got back from Hawaii again, a couple of days ago. When I got there on the 16th of Nov, the locals were all pissed off because of the way all of the roads had been shut down because of the APAC Conference during both the morning and evening commutes.

Box
12-04-2011, 08:26
I wonder if the CinC would be willing to have a few service members on for a round of small ball over the holidays?

Richard
12-04-2011, 08:32
Meh...

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

tunanut
12-05-2011, 06:27
A hard working man like him deserves another vacation.

rubberneck
12-05-2011, 08:39
I don't begrudge any President vacation time. The fact of the matter is that those men are never really on vacation. Between intelligence briefings and their aides whispering in their ear constantly those men pretty much at work every second of their daily lives.

From a political standpoint the President is a fool. Taking a luxurious 17 day vacation to Hawaii where the government will foot the bill for his $3,500 a night vacation home is the height of hubris and sends the message that he is totally out of touch with reality. He'd get much more political milage by telling the public that while the economy is struggling he and his family will be spending their remaining vacation time at their home in Illinois or at Camp David.

Gypsy
12-05-2011, 19:55
Taking a luxurious 17 day vacation to Hawaii where the government will foot the bill for his $3,500 a night vacation home

I'm sorry...who will be footing that bill? ;)

rubberneck
12-06-2011, 09:46
I'm sorry...who will be footing that bill? ;)

The 49% of us that are foolish enough to have to pay all of the income taxes not the 51% who doesn't but thinks I should pay even more......

Ret10Echo
12-06-2011, 10:42
Large Man with Dead Body: Who's that then?
The Dead Collector: I dunno, must be a king.
Large Man with Dead Body: Why?
The Dead Collector: He hasn't got shit all over him.

mark46th
12-06-2011, 12:38
Since he screws up traffic so bad on H1, I think he should have to drive the Zip Lane machine.Then he could go on up Farrington Highway and have some Huli Huli Chicken with the local boys in Nanakuli or maybe some poke from one of the trucks parked on the side of the highway...