PDA

View Full Version : NG SF contract questions...

-nD-
09-21-2004, 12:13
I'm in the process of enlisting with the 20th group in Maryland as an 18echo. I just got off the phone with the recruiter and he's describing the contract to me. He said that I'll pick 3 MOS's with 18e being the first choice, 11b as second, and something else as a third (such as MP). :confused:

I have never heard of this picking 3 MOS's before - i thought you can get an MOS guaranteed? Also, do I have to specifically request a REP-63 contract? I was under the impression all SF contracts with the guard are REP-63...

He said he'll get the contract to me by this time tomorrow (hopefully before then). I'll scan it in to my pc and post it on here (with personal info deleted of course) for the BTDT's opinions of what I'm about to sign.

any insight would be helpful.
Thanks

edit: and everything i've heard SF contracts is that you don't enlist directly into an 18 series MOS like my recruiter is saying, but rather you are (in the case of 18x) assigned an MOS in the q-course or (in the case of the ARNG) sign on as an 11x, 31c, or 91w and get the full pipeline in the contract....

-nD-
09-21-2004, 12:28
Also, would anyone with REP-63 contract be willing to post or PM me a copy of their contract so I have an idea of what mine should say?

Brushmonkey
09-21-2004, 14:45
I will tell you this, something sounds fishy if your recruiter is saying its a sure bet that you will get 18E as an MOS. I understand my contract to say that I have to become MOS qualified in a "Feeder MOS" mine being 11B. I have to be qualified in PT scores, Jump qualification, NCO training, MOS qualified, PHULES profile which I cannot recite off the top of my head, qualify for a SECRET security clearance and pass a pre-selection run by the local SF company before I can even think about attending SFAS. I hope this helps.

-nD-
09-21-2004, 15:27
I will tell you this, something sounds fishy if your recruiter is saying its a sure bet that you will get 18E as an MOS. I understand my contract to say that I have to become MOS qualified in a "Feeder MOS" mine being 11B. I have to be qualified in PT scores, Jump qualification, NCO training, MOS qualified, PHULES profile which I cannot recite off the top of my head, qualify for a SECRET security clearance and pass a pre-selection run by the local SF company before I can even think about attending SFAS. I hope this helps.so you didn't have the 3 mos choices in your contract? i guess it was just 11b plus the pipeline assuming you meet the requirements you mentioned?

thanks for your help

Brushmonkey
09-23-2004, 11:31
No I did not have the MOS choices. Yes, and your welcome.

-nD-
09-23-2004, 21:29
here it is....this is what i presume to be the most relevant section of the contract for the purposes of this thread

it appears as though i get 18e (w/ the pipeline i assume) but should i fail at any point, i'm reassigned as an 11b or a 92y to the 175th infantry depending on the needs of that unit...

failure isn't an option to me but i need to be realistic and cover all my bases - i have zero interest in serving as a 92y and would very much prefer to be kept on in some capacity in the 20th sfg; so I suppose i'll need a new contract drafted

QRQ 30
09-24-2004, 21:09
here it is....this is what i presume to be the most relevant section of the contract for the purposes of this thread

it appears as though i get 18e (w/ the pipeline i assume) but should i fail at any point, i'm reassigned as an 11b or a 92y to the 175th infantry depending on the needs of that unit...

failure isn't an option to me but i need to be realistic and cover all my bases - i have zero interest in serving as a 92y and would very much prefer to be kept on in some capacity in the 20th sfg; so I suppose i'll need a new contract drafted

Regardless of what many say, to include recruiters, the final decision is made based upon the needs of the Army. I'm not all that familiar with these new "contracts" but what I see are three confirmed TOE slots within the MD Guard. All you have to do is pass Special Forces Training and you will be in the 20th. Fail and you will go where the Guard needs or wants you.

Leozinho
10-12-2004, 16:06
... and pass a pre-selection run by the local SF company before I can even think about attending SFAS. I hope this helps.

Just pointing out that it sounds like Brushmonkey is a prior-service candidate, while nD would be a Rep-63. In other words, nD goes straight through the pipeline, without going back to his unit and passing a pre-selection there.

I'm an Rep-63 18E candidate with the 20th and am awaiting Phase 2. My contract said something like "99 weeks or until completion of training, to include Basic, 31C AIT, Jump School, SFAS and 18E SFQC, Language training and SERE."

There was no mention of a fallback MOS.

And, as mentioned, it is needs of the Army. I know of one REP-63 Delta hopeful that went to medic AIT and still was placed in an Echo slot, and he hasn't been able to have it switched to Delta. (Though he may be offered a Delta slot if he makes it past Phase 2).

All the other guard guys that I've met got the MOS slot that they were expecting. For all I know, the MOS committee saw something they didn't like in this particular fellow's test scores and decided not to put him a course that he's likely to fail.

Good luck.

Roguish Lawyer
10-12-2004, 18:00
Ooooh, I liked reading that contract. I want to see more enlistment and other contracts. Feed the shark! :munchin :D

The Reaper
10-12-2004, 18:40
Ooooh, I liked reading that contract. I want to see more enlistment and other contracts. Feed the shark! :munchin :D

You would have even more fun if you signed one.

Till Catwoman found out.

Just how old are you? :munchin

TR

Sacamuelas
10-12-2004, 19:09
TR
18E, Right TR? :munchin LOL

Kyobanim
10-12-2004, 19:13

Till Catwoman found out.

TR

He's in the range to sign the contract, I seen his resume.

The Reaper
10-12-2004, 19:30
18E, Right TR? :munchin LOL

I don't know how smart he is.

The 18E Course is generally considered to be the second most difficult.

OTOH, the 18Es almost always have the biggest heaviest rucks, since they have to haul the radios around, so he would have to be strong as well.

He might make a better Group JAG Officer with an SF Tab.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
10-12-2004, 23:19

I will be 36 at the end of the month. Am I eligible? :munchin

Brushmonkey
10-13-2004, 00:54
Leozinho I am not prior service. However it very well could be my contract that is not quite what it should be.

The Reaper
10-13-2004, 05:29
I will be 36 at the end of the month. Am I eligible? :munchin

Maybe in the NG as a Rep 63.

Too old for 18X or Regular Army accession.

TR