PDA

View Full Version : 'Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'

BMT (RIP)
11-24-2011, 04:44
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

BMT

Dozer523
11-24-2011, 10:12
Blank him.

He says he needs employees and people need jobs but he doesn't think he can MAXIMIZE PROFITS to a level that suits his greedy a$$.
So he will forgo some additional fixed costs at the expence of those ready, willing and able to work?
Why not offer to hire them at MINIMUM WAGE and promisee that after BHO is out "RAISES FOR EVERYONE, beer for the horses"?

well I hope this become a race to the door and that this a$$ beats the President out.

Pete
11-24-2011, 10:16
.......Why not offer to hire them at MINIMUM WAGE and promisee that after BHO is out "RAISES FOR EVERYONE, beer for the horses"?.........

A Business has more cost to/for an employee that just their wages.

rdret1
11-24-2011, 10:39
Blank him.

He says he needs employees and people need jobs but he doesn't think he can MAXIMIZE PROFITS to a level that suits his greedy a$$.
So he will forgo some additional fixed costs at the expence of those ready, willing and able to work?
Why not offer to hire them at MINIMUM WAGE and promisee that after BHO is out "RAISES FOR EVERYONE, beer for the horses"?

well I hope this become a race to the door and that this a$$ beats the President out.

He probably can't afford the health care and taxes that come with additional employees, let alone their wages. If he doesn't have the income to cover those costs, how is his business going out of business going to help anyone?

HOLLiS
11-24-2011, 10:52
Looman made it clear, talking with 11Alive's Jon Shirek, that he is not refusing to hire to make some political point; it's that he doesn't believe he can hire anyone, because of the economy. And he blames the Obama administration.

He is making a political statement. It is not just cost but income. A recession means less work, at least he is not laying people off.

One of the mistakes that Obama made, was to announce that this recession was could be like the the Great Depression. 70% of our economy is consumerism. Scare the heck out of the consumer, the economy gets sacked. I believe the recession of 1979, was much worse then the one we are in now. One thing that Reagan did, was talk positive and tried to encourage people. If he would have pulled a Obama, fears of a depression, that recession would have been much worse.

Also, I think, people are realizing how invasive the internet is. Nothing is local anymore or contained to a local setting.

The Reaper
11-24-2011, 10:57
He is making a political statement. It is not just cost but income. A recession means less work, at least he is not laying people off.

One of the mistakes that Obama made, was to announce that this recession was could be like the the Great Depression. 70% of our economy is consumerism. Scare the heck out of the consumer, the economy gets sacked. I believe the recession of 1979, was much worse then the one we are in now. One thing that Reagan did, was talk positive and tried to encourage people. If he would have pulled a Obama, fears of a depression, that recession would have been much worse.

Also, I think, people are realizing how invasive the internet is. Nothing is local anymore or contained to a local setting.

It is not just consumer sentiment, consumers are so heavily in debt after the spending spree of the 00's (on CCDs, home equity loans, etc.) that most people cannot buy more, even if they wanted to. Their credit is too far overstretched already.

It is highly unlikely that this recovery will be consumer (or now military) spending driven. Taxes and regulations make expanding businesses or employment imprudent at this point. Not sure how the POTUS thinks he is helping, other than the Cloward-Pliven plan to bring the system down by bankrupting it.

TR

Peregrino
11-24-2011, 12:32
Dozer - Do you understand "fully vested" costs? Bottom line - employees cost a lot more than just their paycheck. Under the current administration's policies those costs have increased and are projected to increase even more. I can't fault a business owner who wants to stay in business. As for the message - maybe some of the zombies who put him in office still have enough brain cells functioning to associate cause and effect.

BTW - making money isn't a crime, neither is being financially well off or wanting to stay that way if you should be so fortunate. Nobody owes anybody a job and anybody with a basic business education understands priorities. At some point it's simple "lifeboat" math.

plato
11-24-2011, 13:42
Blank him.

OTOH, those who work for wages are glad to leave the $15 per hour job for the $20 per hour job, and that extra $5 ultimately comes from the consumer. I imagine the OWS folks don't see that increase in "profit" as greed.

Dusty
11-24-2011, 14:23
Solution: Obama quits.

rdret1
11-25-2011, 12:47
Solution: Obama quits.

Why the pink font Dusty? I think that is the perfect solution.

Dusty
11-25-2011, 13:47
Why the pink font Dusty? I think that is the perfect solution.

lol Roger that.

GratefulCitizen
11-25-2011, 21:15
It is not just consumer sentiment, consumers are so heavily in debt after the spending spree of the 00's (on CCDs, home equity loans, etc.) that most people cannot buy more, even if they wanted to. Their credit is too far overstretched already.

It is highly unlikely that this recovery will be consumer (or now military) spending driven. Taxes and regulations make expanding businesses or employment imprudent at this point. Not sure how the POTUS thinks he is helping, other than the Cloward-Pliven plan to bring the system down by bankrupting it.

TR

Spot on.

There is also a demographic issue affecting the economy.
The boomers are preparing for/ transitioning into retirement.

There is plenty of scaling down of lifestyles and deleveraging by the boomers which is not being offset by generations X and Y.
The "total personal debt" section of the debt clock is still contracting: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The structural problems cannot be laid at the feet of recent administrations.
However, the stupid policies which exacerbate the problem can be.

mark46th
11-26-2011, 09:35
Whoever the Republicans put up for president should run on a "I'm going to reduce the size of the federal government and get it out of the way of business" principle...

alright4u
11-26-2011, 14:40
[QUOTE=Dozer523;425568]Blank him.