PDA

View Full Version : Annual Wages..........

greenberetTFS
11-18-2011, 13:37
Annual Wages..............:(

Salary of retired US Presidents ...................................$450,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of House/Senate members ...............................$174,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of Speaker of the House .........,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......,,....$223,500 FOR LIFE

Big Teddy :munchin

1stindoor
11-18-2011, 13:53
Annual Wages..............:(

Salary of retired US Presidents ...................................$450,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of House/Senate members ...............................$174,000 FOR LIFE
Salary of Speaker of the House .........,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......,,....$223,500 FOR LIFE

Big Teddy :munchin

That's not entirely accurate...actually it's not even close.

As of October 1, 2006, 413 retired Members of Congress were receiving federal pensions based fully or in part on their congressional service. Of this number, 290 had retired under CSRS and were receiving an average annual pension of $60,972. A total of 123 Members had retired with service under both CSRS and FERS or with service under FERS only. Their average annual pension was $35,952 in 2006.
This is according to the 2007 CRS for Congress.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=407771&postcount=11

AngelsSix
11-18-2011, 20:03
That's not entirely accurate...actually it's not even close.

This is according to the 2007 CRS for Congress.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=407771&postcount=11

Wow. I never knew that. Where did this whole "Congressmen get full pensions" thing come from, I wonder? [cue Dana Carvey voice] Could it be the liberals, perhaps?:D

The Reaper
11-18-2011, 21:58
Those numbers are for annual pay and allowances, not for life.

There are still Congresscritters who sleep in their office because of the cost of maintaining a home back in their district and the high cost of housing in DC.

The Congressional pay also caps senior civilian compensation. If you are happy with senior civilian leadership like ambassadors, judges, and physicians who make less than some plumbers, cut Congressional pay.

Like they need another reason to supplement their pay from "other sources.":rolleyes:

They did pass a rule that they could convert unused campaign funds to personal use. Easy way to become a millionaire there.

TR

Sdiver
11-18-2011, 22:22
IMO .... there should be a "salary cap" on some of those that serve in ANY public office.

If your personal net worth is say, over 5 million dollars (just a "ball park" figure), then that person shouldn't draw a salary, and those that are under that "cap", base their salaries off their net worth as well, and their salaries are adjusted accordingly.

I mean really, does someone like John Kerry, really need to draw a salary ????

Dozer523
11-19-2011, 07:23
IMO .... there should be a "salary cap" on some of those that serve in ANY public office.

If your personal net worth is say, over 5 million dollars (just a "ball park" figure), then that person shouldn't draw a salary, and those that [B]are under that "cap", base their salaries off their net worth as well, and their salaries are adjusted accordingly.
I mean really, does someone like John Kerry, really need to draw a salary ????

From each according to their ability to each according to his need?

You're a communist.. Ha ha ha look at the commie!

1stindoor
11-19-2011, 13:26
From each according to their ability to each according to his need?

You're a communist.. Ha ha ha look at the commie!

Coffee is now coming out of my left nostril.