PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of...

IwannagoSF
11-13-2011, 20:23
I am in SCNG and we are in preMOB right now and the SF recruiter said they won't even mess with me till I am back stateside for aprox 120 days thats awsome so I got like a year and a half to be fully prepared before I start split drilling...anyways I am just wondering what a 20th group UTA is like for an ODA? I know certain things are classified but I was just curious as to what was up as far as the day goes. Any info would be appreciated.

ZonieDiver
11-14-2011, 05:33
I am in SCNG and we are in preMOB right now and the SF recruiter said they won't even mess with me till I am back stateside for aprox 120 days thats awsome so I got like a year and a half to be fully prepared before I start split drilling...anyways I am just wondering what a 20th group UTA is like for an ODA? I know certain things are classified but I was just curious as to what was up as far as the day goes. Any info would be appreciated.

Your introduction:

I am looking to go to SF hopefully 20th group once I get back from overseas. My goal is to finish my military career SF. I haven't failed any military task that I have been given and I hopefully won't fail at being SF when the time comes.

Hmmm, let's see:

1) You have about two weeks on the board, and you've started a new thread with your 2nd post, asking a question to which there are probably answers contained in threads that you haven't bothered to research... and really don't need to know at this point anyway ("25m target" is said here A LOT!). If the make-up of an ODA's UTA isn't to your liking, will you change your mind?? IF the answer is no, why ask the question???)

2) Although you have an introduction, it is NOT rife with information about you. You DO NOT, however, have a profile - as is requested in the email you received upon registering. You should remedy this asap. We like to know who we are talking to and with. (It doesn't have to contain personal identifying information. Check some profiles of others here if you are in doubt. Read more, post less.)

3) Your name has "SF" in it... something generally frowned upon for members who are not actually SF! (I wanna be good-looking... it hasn't helped me get there. While "Lackawanna" is a dread disease in our youth today, just having "wanna" doesn't get you far on its own.)

Take corrective action. Let's see if you can recover from a poor start.

Oh, by the way... you were given a task in a military-related BB (here), and you failed to comply. I guess that kind of shoots down this: "I haven't failed any military task that I have been given....

Good luck, stay safe.

IwannagoSF
11-14-2011, 21:27
Well I think I have seen what I have needed to see...thank you to everyone that has been helpful and has offered information and resources to me....but it doesn't seem like this is the forum for me.

SF_BHT
11-14-2011, 21:35
Well I think I have seen what I have needed to see...thank you to everyone that has been helpful and has offered information and resources to me....but it doesn't seem like this is the forum for me.

ZD

I guess he will never make selection if he puts his tail between his legs with his first Spot Correction.

IwannagoSF

Those items ZD noted were for your benefit. Why run and hide? Fix them and enjoy the board.

alelks
11-14-2011, 21:39
ZD

I guess he will never make selection if he puts his tail between his legs with his first Spot Correction.

IwannagoSF

Those items ZD noted were for your benefit. Why run and hide? Fix them and enjoy the board.

Agreed!

Surgicalcric
11-14-2011, 21:43

My Brother gave you some sage advice and you have failed to heed it.

If you arent willing to follow simple instructions, accept criticism when you fail at a task, wont do research on your own, and get an attitude about all of the above SF isnt for you. We dont need you...

Chances are the 20th Group recruiter you talked to is a member here. How helpful do you believe he will be when he sees that you arent what we are looking for? Or how about I just call him in the morning and tell him that you arent.

The community is too small to be stepping on your crank without someone, who can affect your career, noticing. Keep that in mind.

Crip

Eagle5US
11-15-2011, 03:59
AGREED!!! HEAR HEAR!!!!

Most excellent that you saw this early and didn't waste a training slot where someone else who "wantstogoSF" actually MIGHT. Kudo's to you.:lifter

On the next forum you register for, you ought to consider changing your sign on name to "Iwouldabeen" and insert whatever your flippant long term goal of the week was going to be.

These people are encountered frequently outside of Communities like Special Forces:
"I woulda been SF BUT..."
"I woulda gone to Ranger school BUT..."
"I woulda gotten through SFAS BUT..."

You will be in good company.

The alternative would be for you, an individual with a stated goal coming here seeking information and guidance, to accept the fact that YOUR way of doing it is not the ACCEPTED way of doing it in this environment. That you would need to ADAPT to your situation and place YOUR GOAL above YOUR EGO (Mr. "I have never failed").
You are demonstrating a child like "I don't like your rules so I am taking my glove and going home" - which is all well and good if WE needed your glove. We don't.

Whether you stay or go - WE don't care.

But YOU should...

Think about it.