PDA

View Full Version : Confused

11C MAH
11-11-2011, 22:22
A guy I know in the NG deployed and was attached to a group for a little bit and wears the sf patch on his combat side. I'm AD and I see 1st group soldiers who have deployed only wear the arrow head and airborne tab on the combat side. This guy wears the long tab, airborne tab and the arrow head. He is also not Special Forces qualified. Is that authorized?:confused:

PRB
11-11-2011, 22:54
A guy I know in the NG deployed and was attached to a group for a little bit and wears the sf patch on his combat side. I'm AD and I see 1st group soldiers who have deployed only wear the arrow head and airborne tab on the combat side. This guy wears the long tab, airborne tab and the arrow head. He is also not Special Forces qualified. Is that authorized?:confused:

The long tab is only worn on the left sleeve above the patch and it remains there regardless of the patch as it is an award like the Ranger tab.
It is not worn on the right combat patch side...inform your friend he is way wrong.

11Ber
11-11-2011, 23:59
If your friend was only attached and is not Qualified...next time you see him in uniform with tabs on punch him in the throat and take the tab off his sleeves.

Ret10Echo
11-12-2011, 07:25
If your friend was only attached and is not Qualified...next time you see him in uniform with tabs on punch him in the throat and take the tab off his sleeves.

Because what are "friends" for... :D

greenberetTFS
11-12-2011, 15:33
Because what are "friends" for... :D

Well even this "old walrus" can answer that SF question(I usually avoid trying to answer questions on this tread because I've been out for a very long time)However both of you are right......... ;) Nothing wrong at all with punching him in the throat to give him the message you don't wear tabs you haven't earned.......:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin