PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

thebrown88
09-18-2004, 20:04
A little about myself..... I just graduated from college and am currently working a temporary job as a construction project manager. My goal is to serve in one of the 19th or 20th SFG units. Thanks for letting me be a part of your site and for all the great info.

Team Sergeant
09-18-2004, 21:19
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

Team Sergeant

Eagle5US
09-18-2004, 21:47
Good to have you here...welcome aboard.

Eagle

NousDefionsDoc
09-18-2004, 21:51
Welcome aboard

thebrown88
10-05-2004, 20:20
Thanks for the welcome guys. I was trying to post a new thread in the 18x/Rep63 area but could not. Any help?

NousDefionsDoc
10-05-2004, 20:44
Thanks for the welcome guys. I was trying to post a new thread in the 18x/Rep63 area but could not. Any help?

Who did you talk to about access?

Ambush Master
10-05-2004, 20:52

That area is restricted to the Quiet Professionals (QPs) and those that are on an 18X or Rep63 Contract. If you're on contract you can participate.

Welcome aboard, there is way much to be learned in the rest of the "Public" Forums !! Start soaking it up and learn to "Think !!!" before you ask a question. I would advise to start at the top and always "READ AND HEED" the Sticky's at the top of any Forum !!

Take care.
Martin

The Reaper
10-05-2004, 20:54
I usually find reading the stickies and Admin requests to be a good idea before trying to post.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-05-2004, 21:01
I guess he thought he was just going to bop on in there and say "Hey!" to the boyz. LOL

thebrown88
10-06-2004, 19:42
My apologies for the stupid question. More reading and less posting. Thanks again for the welcome.

evilmonkey0352
11-01-2004, 23:52
Just wanted to give an intro since I have been frequenting this forum quite often lately. I am a 25 year old former infantry Marine. Nothing spectacular but did my time, learned and grew as a Marine and leader none the less. Glad I did it but I decided it was time to move on. I got out of the Marine Corps and decided to give civilian life a crack. For the most part I've done pretty well for myself but was extremely unhappy with being out and not being a part of anything. Joined the Naval Reserves to look into crossing over into the Corpsman rating to get a shot at the Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman field but to make a long story short kept getting yanked around about wether or not the Navy would let me cross from my rating over to the corpsman rating. I decided the Naval Reserves was not for me and decided to look into the Army. Long story short I am going to be headed to the 101st Airborne in early December. My ultimate goal is to get to SFAS and get on the long road to earning the green beret. I'm planning to get myself in front of the SF recruiter at Ft. Campbell as soon as possible but in the meantime I plan to report in to the 101st, keep my mouth shut, my eyes and ears open and take advantage of every opportunity I can. All in all I'm very glad to be going back to my infantry roots, it's where I belong. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys for contributing to this forum and allowing people like me to use it as a resource. I consider myself a guest in someone else's house while here and act accordingly. Thank you for your time and please feel free to get a hold of me if there is any information that you think would be helpful.

NousDefionsDoc
11-02-2004, 12:07
Welcome aboard.

evilmonkey0352
11-02-2004, 20:17
thanks for the welcome NousDef......i just re-read my post and hope that my title isnt taken the wrong way. i dont think i am anyone particularly special and hopefully the title of my intro doesnt give that kind of innuendo. im just another guy with a plan. thanks again for letting me be here.

NousDefionsDoc
11-02-2004, 20:27
I didn't see anything wrong with it. You're good. Sensitive-assed Jarhead. :p

evilmonkey0352
11-02-2004, 21:20
ill admit im a little over sensative right now, after all i ve just found out that the 101st doesnt allow taking woobies to the field and ill even have to give up writing in crayon......

DanUCSB
11-03-2004, 04:46
Damn jarheads.

Woobies? Who has the time to slow down and huddle under a woobie? Fire and maneuver! Stick and move! :lifter

Alphaonekilo
11-06-2004, 06:20
Found out about this place from mffjm8509 on BadlandsForums, i see alot of other familiar faces as well.

Im an 11B finishing a tour in Baghdad with 1st Cav. 1 Year goal, upon return stateside, is to pass Selection.
I don't plan to post much, just soak up information where I can.
Thank you.
Rob

Kyobanim
11-06-2004, 07:06
Welcome aboard, A1k

NousDefionsDoc
11-06-2004, 10:52
Found out about this place from mffjm8509 on BadlandsForums, i see alot of other familiar faces as well.

Im an 11B finishing a tour in Baghdad with 1st Cav. 1 Year goal, upon return stateside, is to pass Selection.
Thank you.
Rob

Welcome aboard. Thanks for serving. Stay safe over there.

Leg

alphamale
11-06-2004, 13:17
Stay safe over there.Ironic given the events of his week. Glad you made it through the week OK Rob.

FrontSight

Team Sergeant
11-06-2004, 14:50
Ironic given the events of his week. Glad you made it through the week OK Rob.

FrontSight

Its not just a job....

Welcome aboard Rob, you guys (and gals) are making us retired types proud to have worn the same uniform.

Team Sergeant

Gypsy
11-06-2004, 22:18

Thank you.
Rob

Welcome Rob, thank you for serving our Country. Watch your six.

Doc
11-07-2004, 07:07
Welcome aboard!

We are glad to have you here. Thank you for your service to our country.

Be careful and watch out for your buddies as well.

Doc

Rock06
11-11-2004, 10:33
Greetings and regards to all. You run an interesting board here so I thought I would join after lurking a little while. I have been around the Army over the past 15 years and intend to be around a few more. Used to be an artilleryman but now I'm a foreign area officer working in DC. While not a QP, I have worked with you guys from time to time and a couple of my bosses along the way were QPs. That's it for now. See you 'round the boards somewhere.

The Reaper
11-11-2004, 10:38
Greetings and regards to all. You run an interesting board here so I thought I would join after lurking a little while. I have been around the Army over the past 15 years and intend to be around a few more. Used to be an artilleryman but now I'm a foreign area officer working in DC. While not a QP, I have worked with you guys from time to time and a couple of my bosses along the way were QPs. That's it for now. See you 'round the boards somewhere.

Welcome aboard.

Be careful of the 3 or 4 expats here who live in Thailand though, and the 1st Group guys who wish they did.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
11-11-2004, 10:39
Welcome aboard Rock. Good to have you here.

Rock06
11-11-2004, 13:09
Thanks for the welcome. I need to check some profiles to see if I know any of the Thailand & 1st Group members. May not know them well, but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them moving around the compound when I was over there. Anyway, good to be here. Take care.