PDA

View Full Version : Hay Street

Pete
11-02-2011, 05:27
Hay Street through the years

"Remember This? - Hay Street through the years"

http://photos.fayobserver.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1352889&CategoryID=59710&ListSubAlbums=0

I think I see some of you guys in the 1970s pictures. :D

CSB
11-02-2011, 08:50
Naw, couldn't be us. We were all at the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra, the Fayetteville Museum of Modern Art, and don't forget the Spring Lake Ballet.:p

Some of those pictures looked more like the late 1950's - early 1960's.

Offering a dance prize of $1,000 -- that was like $10,000 today. Brought the girls out of the woodwork from miles around, some all the way from Charlotte or Raleigh.

Last hard class
11-02-2011, 08:55
That was great! Bought a few of those bricks in the 83 and 84 pictures with my money. Particulary Ricks and that little bar upstairs.:D

LHC

mojaveman
11-02-2011, 09:26
Page 1 picture #5.

Does anyone remember the woman who used to stand outside of the entrance to Rick's and quote bible verses to the young men before they walked in? She looked like she just steped out of an episode of "Ozzie and Harriet" or "Leave it to Beaver". Must have been around '85. I had a few beers in me one night and casually asked her if she'd like to come in and give me a lap dance.

I'm not as cruel as I used to be. :p

I heard the hotel across the street was a brothel incognito back in the day. It was run down and closed the entire time that I was at Bragg.

Thanks for the memories Pete.

1stindoor
11-02-2011, 09:37
Naw, couldn't be us. We were all at the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra, the Fayetteville Museum of Modern Art, and don't forget the Spring Lake Ballet.:p

Well Sir, we were going to this bingo parlor at the YMCA...

Long live Oxburger.

greenberetTFS
11-02-2011, 09:48
Some of those pictures looked more like the late 1950's - early 1960's.

Your right,there was a couple I saw that sure looked like the town(city) when I got there in 1954.............;) :D

Big Teddy :munchin

sf11b_p
11-04-2011, 22:38
Picture #5 page 1.

Does anyone remember the woman who used to stand outside of the entrance to Rick's....

Wasn't there then, but when I was the woman was a black hooker who asked if I wanted a date. I declined but probably since I was nice about it she warned me about the hooker across and down the street, who she said, was a guy.

The dates of the pics you click on are with the captions top right corner page.

ZonieDiver
11-05-2011, 06:20
During my stay at Ft Bragg, I don't remember making even ONE trip to Hay Street.

I'm not saying I didn't go... just that I can't remember it! :)

P36
11-05-2011, 10:27
Picture #5 page 1.

Does anyone remember the woman who used to stand outside of the entrance to Rick's and quote bible verses to the young men before they walked in? She looked like she just steped out of an episode of "Ozzie and Harriet" or "Leave it to Beaver". Must have been around '85. I had a few beers in me one night and casually asked her if she'd like to come in and give me a lap dance.

I'm not as cruel as I used to be. :p

I heard the hotel across the street was a brothel incognito back in the day. It was run down and closed the entire time that I was at Bragg.

Thanks for the memories Pete.

I think she had the last laugh though; Ricks is now the Police Station. I can't believe that I actually don't mind going downtown now...a far cry from before.

tom kelly
11-05-2011, 11:13
First Trip to Hay Street was Fri. Dec.7, 1962 went to the New York Spaghetti House, got a decent meal there, then went to Carouso's than to Ricks and finally to Gillespie Street I think this was called "Combat Alley" Does anyone on this thread remember that far back? Regard's, TK

Richard
11-05-2011, 11:23
Hay Street was mild compared to a post-midnight ride on the "Vomit Comet" heading back to the barracks on Smoke Bomb Hill... :D

Richard :munchin

froglegz
11-06-2011, 22:58
It can't be Hay street without a pic of the seven dwarfs. Stinky put a whole mackerel in the ceiling tiles one evening after Ms Kim had banned us good and no one even noticed the smell. ("You can't ban me I quit!!!!)

Not really Hay St but the Cellar was another great place to get kicked out of. Yeah, Stinky and Mr Happy got us kicked out of a lot of places.

The Reaper
11-07-2011, 17:10
It can't be Hay street without a pic of the seven dwarfs. Stinky put a whole mackerel in the ceiling tiles one evening after Ms Kim had banned us good and no one even noticed the smell. ("You can't ban me I quit!!!!)

Not really Hay St but the Cellar was another great place to get kicked out of. Yeah, Stinky and Mr Happy got us kicked out of a lot of places.

The 7 Dwarfs and the Pumphouse are in the pic just up from Rick's.

TR

greenberetTFS
11-07-2011, 17:21
During my stay at Ft Bragg, I don't remember making even ONE trip to Hay Street.

I'm not saying I didn't go... just that I can't remember it! :)

:D ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

froglegz
11-07-2011, 19:55
I stand corrected.... they are there plain as the stains on the sidewalk.