PDA

View Full Version : Leandro Quintero, SF Poser

sinjefe
11-01-2011, 09:53
Figured it was about time to post this cat on here in the "Hall of Shame". This poser has already been called out (about a year ago). He works as a DOD civilian at Ft Sam Houston. His claims were that he went through the SFQC in 1989 (same year as me) and that he was assigned to ODA 773, A/3/7 during and after OJC. Just so happened that I was in A/3/7 during OPL and never met the guy. I did research at the time, including an NPRC check and FOIA requests to USASOC and the US Army Engineer School. His claims were that he was 18 series, SFQC grad (obviously), Combat Diver, Ranger and Sapper course graduate. The only one that turned out to be true was the Ranger school grad. Once I had everything in hand, I confronted him. At first, he tried to deny it but, once I showed him the documentation, he stopped. I told him I wanted a written retraction on his claims which he gave me. However, he only admitted to what he thought I knew. I discovered that he did not attend the Sapper Course after I confronted him. I won't go into any details on what my actions were, beyond confronting him, other than to say that I took official action but I am unaware of the outcome, if any, of this action.

I have been around this individual for the last year and he keeps his mouth shut in my presence. In my opinion, just as with other posers that have been dealt with on this forum, I believe the individual to be unrepentant and only admitted to the bare minimum he thought he could get away with AND only after confronted with official documentation. I do not know if he ever "corrected" his 214 as he states in his letter, but I doubt it.

Anyway, there it is. Once a poser, always a poser.

rdret1
11-01-2011, 10:53
Why in the world does a Ranger School grad want to lie about his record? That is a fine accomplishment in itself.

JJ_BPK
11-01-2011, 12:21
This poser needs a face..

From POWNETWORK:

Leandro Quintero is working at ARNORTH as a GS-13 in the PMO section as an FP guy.

Claims SF - 7th group

Claims he went to SFQC in 89 and immediately was assigned to 3/7 SFG in Panama just in time for Operation Just Cause. He says he was on 773, that a friend of mine was his team sergeant and that he
was an 18X. [18X was a post 9/11 invention].

Know to wear an SF tab, Ranger tab, Dive badge, etc. His retirement plaque has an SF tab, Ranger tab,
sapper tab and airborne tab over a patch with a 1st SF Regiment crest and a 75th Ranger Regiment crest.

He also claims he has Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) and Anti Terrorism Instructor Qualification (AIQC).

Special Warfare Center (SWC) query comes back negative on SFQC and CDQC, positive on SERE and AIQC. He attended Special Forces Assessment and Selection (SFAS) in 1995 but was non-selected. For some reason, he hangs around SWC as an Out of Training (OT), which is when he attended SERE and then attends SFAS again where he is, again, non selected.

He actually registered with www.professionalsoldiers.com (screenname leo137@hotmail.), but hasn't posted anything.

He had a bunch of SF tab and dive bubble, ranger tab, etc. stickers on the back of his truck (now gone).

sinjefe
11-01-2011, 12:41
If you google "SFC Quintero" the very first thing that comes up is a USMILGRP-El Salvador Anti-Terrorism brief from a few years ago posted on some website called "Randall's Adventure and Training (www.jungletraining.com) link:

This guy, for whatever reason, has his photo taken posing with MS-13 and 18th Street gang members in an El Sal prison. Just the kind of guys whose radar screen you want to pop up on.

Richard
11-01-2011, 12:50
The NPRC's FOIA file item 14 (Military Education) states: //AIRBORNE, 2 WEEKS, 1993//

The only 2 week BACs I ever saw were when Group ran them for the SF NG and USAR units or heard were run by Group for ROTC post-summer camp...and I'd wager he was never in one of those units, either.

So, based on the other lies posted in his MPRJ, did he also lie about the BAC and is he really a 'G' ('leg' Ranger) and not a 'V'? :confused:

Richard :munchin

Pete
11-01-2011, 13:29
I wonder if he remembers who his 1SG was in 1989?

For some strange reason I know all of them.

sinjefe
11-01-2011, 13:52
This guy has been 100% busted out on this already. I just want to make sure he is permanently in the Hall of Shame. This guy actually, at a minimum, allowed his DD214 to be fraudulent. At most, he told the retirement services folks to put it on. Either way, he signed the DD214 with the SF tab, Sapper tab, First Class dive badge and the Counter Intelligence Force Protection Source Operations Course on it. All of which I have FOIAs from the schools saying he never went.

Richard
11-01-2011, 17:58
And why are my tax $$ paying this clown's salary? :confused: :mad: :mad:

sinjefe
11-01-2011, 21:34
And why are my tax $$ paying this clown's salary? :confused: :mad: :mad:

Imagine what I feel like having to see his face everyday.:mad:

jrygalski
11-03-2011, 11:11
Not sure if the "PMO" office stands for Provost Marshall Office" or Project Management Office, but either way, as a GS-13, I would expect he used his DD-214 as part of his application and could be terminated for providing false information on his application. This would be an easy termination in the private sector. If he has access to confidential information (as I would expect in either PMO) then I would expect he could be terminated just as easily from his federal position.

Does his supervisor know the deal??? Or does he have two 214s, his real one and a wallet version? I can only imagine the rear window on his car, is there room to see around all the stickers? LMAO

I'd rather see an honest leg have his job...

Just my .02

sinjefe
11-03-2011, 13:20
They all know. Like I said earlier, I took official action ('nuff said) but, due to the legalities of it, I am not informed of their actions. He's still here though.

JimP
11-03-2011, 13:30
Sounds like grounds for terminating his security clearance, (gang affiliation; veracity; lying; fraud). He may sneak out on the "table of penalties" on a labor issue but the security folks won't be so generous. I'm sure, that as a GS 13, he requires a security clearance. Get the clearance suspended and he'll fail to meet a condition of employment.

Everyone has a responsibility and obligation to report to the security clearance dudes anything which reflects adversely on the ability of someone to hold a clearance. The Command may cover for him but the clearance facility takes a dim view of wannabe's; liars and gang-affiliations.

Richard
11-03-2011, 13:31
They all know. Like I said earlier, I took official action ('nuff said) but, due to the legalities of it, I am not informed of their actions. He's still here though.

So...which Cartel owns him? :confused:

alright4u
11-03-2011, 20:58
If you google "SFC Quintero" the very first thing that comes up is a USMILGRP-El Salvador Anti-Terrorism brief from a few years ago posted on some website called "Randall's Adventure and Training (www.jungletraining.com) link:

This guy, for whatever reason, has his photo taken posing with MS-13 and 18th Street gang members in an El Sal prison. Just the kind of guys whose radar screen you want to pop up on.

This clown is a GS 13 . Unreal. I am ashamed that civil service does not have some hard rule -if you inflate your military serrvice- you are GONE.

Ret10Echo
11-03-2011, 21:10
This clown is a GS 13 . Unreal. I am ashamed that civil service does not have some hard rule -if you inflate your military serrvice- you are GONE.

If the inflated statements were a material factor in the selection (determination of suitability) then the employee can be terminated....

Razor
11-03-2011, 22:28
Too many folks who should know better are aiding this loser by ignoring his lies.

greenberetTFS
11-06-2011, 12:25
Too many folks who should know better are aiding this loser by ignoring his lies.

This is exactly like what had happened with that phoney Samoan CSM....:rolleyes: What makes these lying pricks so untouchable?.... :eek: Unbelievable...... :mad:

Big Teddy :munchin

notoriousbob
11-06-2011, 14:37
All I can say is "Wow". It's just another case of selective enforcement.

MVP
02-03-2012, 15:52
I heard Leo was leaving ARNORTH.

MVP

JimP
02-03-2012, 16:11
Was a security incident ever forwarded to the Clearance facility? Does the SSO know about his fraud/lies??

Capone didn't go down for murder - he went down for income tax evasion. Lying about your background and gang affiliation is a real quick, fast and-in-a-hurry security suspension.