PDA

View Full Version : Cooking the military voting books

Pete
10-29-2011, 20:53
Cooking the military voting books

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/2011/10/cooking-military-voting-books

"It's become a common tactic for President Obama and his appointees: When the data shows how inept you are or how dangerous your policies are, cook the books and create new data.

They did it with the stimulus package, Obamacare and the debt ceiling. Now they're doing it with our military voters..............."

Interesting. We've talked about how hard many County Election Offices make it for absentee military voters to vote - just about every election cycle. And it ain't getting any better.

GratefulCitizen
10-29-2011, 21:07
Gives new meaning to the term "base rate fallacy".

Badger52
10-31-2011, 06:11
I have no doubt as to the willingness of the despots to cook whatever's necessary to safeguard their regime.

On a local level (this is a sample n=1) our state, and particularly the city clerk, has always been extremely proactive in getting ballots to our Blue Star girl for anything, all the way down to dog-catcher in plenty of time, even if they had to get there via jingah truck. Since Nov 2001 she's spent more time in Afghanistan than CONUS but has always voted in plenty of time for everything. Of course, around here Soldiers are real people we know & raised, not a demographic.

I wonder how that result compares to states & municipalities that are traditional commie havens.

Pete
10-31-2011, 06:30
I wonder how that result compares to states & municipalities that are traditional commie havens.

Remember the 2000 elections. The D's flooded FL with lawyers to challenge the absentee votes from all over the state.

A number of issues play into the delays - and this problem continues under both Republican and Democrat administrations.

The first is that the primaries have to be concluded and the ballots printed in time to mail them out to the absentee voter and be returned in time. That is the first avenue of attack for anyone trying to neuter the military vote.