PDA

View Full Version : I've been playing in Illustrator and Photoshop again. :)

alelks
10-29-2011, 14:48
This first decal was inspired by this article: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman (http://www.atvgraphics.org/SFgraphics/Ovaldecals/OnSheep.pdf) which is think is a MUST READ for every individual on the planet.

The 2nd one is an idea from one of our own:

ZonieDiver
10-29-2011, 15:51
Outstanding! Good work.

rdret1
10-29-2011, 17:47
This first decal was inspired by this article: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman (http://www.atvgraphics.org/SFgraphics/Ovaldecals/OnSheep.pdf) which is think is a MUST READ for every individual on the planet.

The 2nd one is an idea from one of our own:

LTC Grossman talks about the concept in both of his books; On Killing and On Combat. I got my copy of On Killing signed when I was able to go to one of his presentations.

Those are great decals.

adal
10-29-2011, 19:23
You are definetly getting money from me. I will order both when ready. That motorcycle one is GREAT!!!! Nice work.

mojaveman
10-29-2011, 19:49
Cool.

Have you been considering a second career in graphic design?

How about some SF themed bumber stickers? :D

alelks
10-29-2011, 19:52
Shoot me some ideas on SF themed bumper stickers and we'll see what I come up with. :)

Xamine
10-29-2011, 21:46
Have ya messed around with the 3D tool options in illustrator? You could do some really cool designs and add some depth to the vector images.

alelks
10-29-2011, 21:54
Have ya messed around with the 3D tool options in illustrator? You could do some really cool designs and add some depth to the vector images.

I really haven't yet. Illustrator and Photoshop have MUCH more capabilities than I do at the moment. :)

Xamine
10-29-2011, 22:04
I really haven't yet. Illustrator and Photoshop have MUCH more capabilities than I do at the moment. :)

Haha, tell me about it.
Wait until you want to branch off to animation or 3D modeling, that's when things get fun :D
If ya want i could link you to a very nice tutorial web page to aid you along in learning the in's and out's of those programs.

alelks
10-29-2011, 22:06
Haha, tell me about it.
Wait until you want to branch off to animation or 3D modeling, that's when things get fun :D
If ya want i could link you to a very nice tutorial web page to aid you along in learning the in's and out's of those programs.

I actually have a full library of Linda.com stuff. ;)

Linda.com has some FANTASTIC tutorials.

My daughter and I do all the graphics work at our business and we are both self taught.

Xamine
10-29-2011, 22:22
I actually have a full library of Linda.com stuff. ;)

Linda.com has some FANTASTIC tutorials.

My daughter and I do all the graphics work at our business and we are both self taught.

Believe it or not but that was actually one of the web sites i was going to link you to, probably one of the best.
Same here, was a great way to keep me out of trouble in my youth and a very nice stress reliever. :D
Well good luck on your next design, Looking forward to seeing it.

Badger52
10-31-2011, 06:16
LTC Grossman talks about the concept in both of his books; On Killing and On Combat. I got my copy of On Killing signed when I was able to go to one of his presentations.

Those are great decals.Ditto to both. Daughter also mentioned the same thing when he stopped by to speak to her BCT (before her 3rd trip I think) she said it was better than any "mindset" briefing any hallowed-halls staff puke could come up with - useable in life and she would firmly check the Sheepdog box.

Very professionally done stuff.
I have noticed that many of the QPs here have sigline material that would be worthy of display.

Jefe
10-31-2011, 06:25
If you have a copy of "On Killing" you leave on the tray while trying to sleep, people tend to bother you less.