PDA

View Full Version : General Officer Announcements

Stras
10-27-2011, 22:53
Congratulations LTG Mulholland!!

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

No. 912-11
October 27, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Officer Announcements

Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta announced today that the President has made the following nominations:

Army Lt. Gen. John F. Mulholland Jr., for reappointment to the rank of lieutenant general and for assignment as deputy commander, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. Mulholland is currently serving as the commanding general, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Army Brig. Gen. Raymond A. Thomas III, for appointment to the rank of major general. Thomas is currently serving as deputy commander, Joint Special Operations Command, U.S. Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Army Col. John L. Poppe, for appointment to the rank of brigadier general and for assignment as chief of the Veterinary Corps of the Army. Poppe is currently serving as chief, Department of Veterinary Science, Academy of Health Sciences, Army Medical Department Center and School, San Antonio, Texas.

alright4u
10-28-2011, 19:24
Congratulations LTG Mulholland!!

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

No. 912-11
October 27, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Officer Announcements

Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta announced today that the President has made the following nominations:

Army Lt. Gen. John F. Mulholland Jr., for reappointment to the rank of lieutenant general and for assignment as deputy commander, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. Mulholland is currently serving as the commanding general, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Army Brig. Gen. Raymond A. Thomas III, for appointment to the rank of major general. Thomas is currently serving as deputy commander, Joint Special Operations Command, U.S. Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Army Col. John L. Poppe, for appointment to the rank of brigadier general and for assignment as chief of the Veterinary Corps of the Army. Poppe is currently serving as chief, Department of Veterinary Science, Academy of Health Sciences, Army Medical Department Center and School, San Antonio, Texas.

We had men as sharp or far smarter who merely wanted to be SF. If they made LTC great. If not-they were an SF Major. Rather be with the troops any damn day of the week then a GEN.

Peregrino
10-28-2011, 20:23
We had men as sharp or far smarter who merely wanted to be SF. If they made LTC great. If not-they were an SF Major. Rather be with the troops any damn day of the week then a GEN.

True - as far as it goes. Every now and then we get one of those guys who makes it to General and continues to do his best by the men and the Regiment. I think M3 is one of those guys. I may not agree with everything "Lurch" has ever done but I've known him since he was a Major and over the years he's proven worthy of my respect.

PRB
10-28-2011, 21:49

True, but none of them ever turned down a promotion did they,.... just because a man makes the GO level doesn't diminish his "SF'ness'.....

head
10-28-2011, 21:59

Unfortunately, SF needs those guys to represent in the higher ranks and commands ... otherwise, we don't have a voice in what happens to the regiment.

greenberetTFS
10-29-2011, 10:43
Unfortunately, SF needs those guys to represent in the higher ranks and commands ... otherwise, we don't have a voice in what happens to the regiment.

Excellent point...........;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Box
10-30-2011, 08:03
Any order 'Big-John' gives... I'll execute.
I don't think there is a better man out there to take the job he has been tapped for...

It would be nice to watch him move up a rung when the Admiral moves on.

The Reaper
10-30-2011, 08:45
Any order 'Big-John' gives... I'll execute.
I don't think there is a better man out there to take the job he has been tapped for...

It would be nice to watch him move up a rung when the Admiral moves on.

I have known him for a long time and think M3 is a good SF guy as well.

Agree that he would be a good USSOCOM Commander, but doubt that they are going to leave him there for three years waiting to take over from the Navy.

Assuming they don't decide it is the Marines or the Air Force's turn to be in charge of an organization that is more than 50% Army.

TR

Richard
10-30-2011, 10:51
Seems to me as if USSOCOM has established a hell of a strong leadership duo at the top of the command pyramid with a McRaven/Mulholland 'marriage' - 'bout time.

Richard :munchin

greenberetTFS
10-30-2011, 14:53
I have known him for a long time and think M3 is a good SF guy as well.

Agree that he would be a good USSOCOM Commander, but doubt that they are going to leave him there for three years waiting to take over from the Navy.

Assuming they don't decide it is the Marines or the Air Force's turn to be in charge of an organization that is more than 50% Army.

TR

I sure hope not.........:rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

blue02hd
10-30-2011, 15:26

I had the privilege to work for him during OEF 1. I would gladly work for him again. Not sure why you would think this is anything but a good thing for the RGT. I am also going to assume that you have not worked near or for M3.