PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Bans Gloves

Richard
10-13-2011, 09:10
Change to AFI-36-2903 Air Force Dress and Appearance came out and effective 1 Nov 2011 - 'Air Force Gloves' no longer authorized.

Read and heed! ;)

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

alelks
10-13-2011, 09:13
Fine until someone gets frost bite. :D

Another case of someone trying go get a 1 block.

Team Sergeant
10-13-2011, 09:13
I'm fairly certain the Air Force has also banned swearing and mean looks......

Dusty
10-13-2011, 09:18
I'm fairly certain the Air Force has also banned swearing and mean looks......

lol I wouldn't even recommend the AF as a "starter service" to military aspirants...

Badger52
10-13-2011, 09:24
I'm fairly certain the Air Force has also banned swearing and mean looks......Thanks for letting me re-savor that mouthful of coffee...
:D

Cake_14N
10-13-2011, 10:46
we do some things right. F-16/A-10 CAS support to TICs.... CSAR support with HH-60G as well as some versions of the C-130s....

36-2903 is a long overdue clarification of dress and appearance. Some of the other stuff changed include: no more sand colored boots after 31 Oct. No more BDU after 31 Oct, no fancy or "foo-foo" watches ( i.e. Mickey Mouse or cartoon watches), no 550-cord bracelets, no "funny" nametags on flight suits, no friday squadron t-shirts under flightsuits, just to name a few of the positive changes.

Team Sergeant
10-13-2011, 10:55
Yeah, I'm sure fraternizing with "combat" soldiers both in person and on the internet will soon be banned also.......

"Airman Parks, did you just give me a mean look?"

"Why no, Technical Sergeant, I would never do that!"

"Good, and stay off Professionalsoldiers.com too, those guys are internet bullies."

"Yes Technical Sergeant."

rdret1
10-13-2011, 11:08
we do some things right. F-16/A-10 CAS support to TICs.... CSAR support with HH-60G as well as some versions of the C-130s....

36-2903 is a long overdue clarification of dress and appearance. Some of the other stuff changed include: no more sand colored boots after 31 Oct. No more BDU after 31 Oct, no fancy or "foo-foo" watches ( i.e. Mickey Mouse or cartoon watches), no 550-cord bracelets, no "funny" nametags on flight suits, no friday squadron t-shirts under flightsuits, just to name a few of the positive changes.

But your ACU's are BLUE! Where does that blend in?

Cake_14N
10-13-2011, 11:18

Not us, that is the Navy. Ours are almost the same colors as the Army uniform, but not the same pattern or smart placement of pockets, pouches or zippers.

First picture I found was an ABU ruck, but no blue here.

Cake

rdret1
10-13-2011, 11:23
Not us, that is the Navy. Ours are almost the same colors as the Army uniform, but not the same pattern or smart placement of pockets, pouches or zippers.

First picture I found was an ABU ruck, but no blue here.

Cake

When I go to SJAFB all the time, they sure look blue to me.

Richard
10-13-2011, 11:34
When I go to SJAFB all the time, they sure look blue to me.

Maybe Seymour-Johnson is also testing those new 'mood' ACU's the Navy is getting - the ones that change color like a 'mood ring' so your command can tell how your hormone replacement therapy is working. :rolleyes: :D

Hartley
10-13-2011, 11:56
Hmm.. ABU looks fine to me - though I can't say I've ever seen the forest it blends in with. Better than "woodland", for sure.

Dissing on the AF and Navy ? You guys are picking the low-hanging fruit today - we all know you can't start a good row unless you mention the Marines..:p

Hartley

Streck-Fu
10-13-2011, 12:29
Not us, that is the Navy.

That shit irritates the hell out of me to no end. WTF were they thinking...?:rolleyes:

Streck-Fu
10-13-2011, 12:31
Maybe Seymour-Johnson is also testing those new 'mood' ACU's the Navy is getting - the ones that change color like a 'mood ring' so your command can tell how your hormone replacement therapy is working. :rolleyes: :D

That's the Coasties, Richard..... :cool:

1stindoor
10-13-2011, 12:33

They blend in when falling out of the sky...:eek:

Utah Bob
10-13-2011, 14:55
Funny, they don't look bluish.:munchin

Roguish Lawyer
10-13-2011, 15:02
Funny, they don't look bluish.:munchin

/rimshot

Utah Bob will be at Caesar's all week, folks! LMAO

afchic
10-13-2011, 16:14
It is about time the AF stopped walking around with hands in the pockets, and started using real gloves.

Am I the only one that caught Richard's sarcasm?

abc_123
10-13-2011, 16:20
It is about time the AF stopped walking around with hands in the pockets, and started using real gloves.

Am I the only one that caught Richard's sarcasm?

No, I think most of us got it.

Now I wonder what that new reg says about nice big floppy boot lace bow ties hanging down. Nothing screams, "I am a professional" more than that!

scooter
10-13-2011, 16:21
Pockets first appeared on US uniforms during the Revolutionary war period, when General George Washington had them added to the US uniform at Valley Forge.... so that US soldiers could warm their hands in them... Just a fun fact of the day for you.

afchic
10-13-2011, 16:22
No, I think most of us got it.

Now I wonder what that new reg says about nice big floppy boot lace bow ties hanging down. Nothing screams, "I am a professional" more than that!

My second sentence should have been in pink, sorry.

Those of us who have been stationed with our esteemed brethren know that you don't let your laces hang, and if you are smart you tuck your pants INTO your boots so the bugs don't crawl up your legs. People always look at me funny for the way I blouse my pants.

Dusty
10-13-2011, 16:24
Pockets first appeared on US uniforms during the Revolutionary war period, when General George Washington had them added to the US uniform at Valley Forge.... so that US soldiers could warm their hands in them... Just a fun fact of the day for you.

...and because they were cheaper than gloves and boots.

Dusty
10-13-2011, 16:26

Those of us who have been stationed with our esteemed brethren know that you don't let your laces hang, and if you are smart you tuck your pants INTO your boots so the bugs don't crawl up your legs. People always look at me funny for the way I blouse my pants.

Real women don't wear pants tucked into laced-up boots. ::D

Richard
10-13-2011, 17:16

Perhaps...but real dames do. :rolleyes: :D

afchic
10-13-2011, 18:05

But saucy wenches do :)

abc_123
10-13-2011, 18:08

That didn't need a response, afchic! If I came across as being short I apologize as well.

Dusty
10-13-2011, 18:38

lol Roger that. :D

afchic
10-13-2011, 18:56
That didn't need a response, afchic! If I came across as being short I apologize as well.

It didn't. You were just pointing out the obvious :)

Richard
10-13-2011, 19:07
Perhaps...but real dames do.

Oops...I meant wenches...but the 'W' on my keyboard wasn't working earlier. :rolleyes:

FWIW - I loved my AF gloves and wore them every chance I got...and still do. ;)

afchic
10-13-2011, 19:38

It didn't. You were just pointing out the obvious :)

abc_123
10-13-2011, 20:12
FWIW - I loved my AF gloves and wore them every chance I got...and still do. ;)

Me too. But what do we call them now?:confused:

lksteve
10-13-2011, 21:53
no "funny" nametags on flight suits, no friday squadron t-shirts under flightsuits, just to name a few of the positive changes.When I was the GLO with the 343rd TFW, I didn't know any of the guys by their real names...and what's next? No UTE days?

Martinjmpr
10-14-2011, 11:20
I'm pretty sure it was at Harmony Church that I first heard a Drill Sergeant say "Get your hands out of those air-force gloves!" I almost busted out laughing (almost....)

When I saw the title of this post I thought "the AF is getting rid of pockets?" :D

Utah Bob
10-14-2011, 15:00
I'm pretty sure it was at Harmony Church that I first heard a Drill Sergeant say "Get your hands out of those air-force gloves!" I almost busted out laughing (almost....)

When I saw the title of this post I thought "the AF is getting rid of pockets?" :D

I think that ultimately, that will be the only way to stop it.:D

Razor
10-14-2011, 22:11
At least the new regs didn't ban guys from carrying umbrellas while in uniform or wearing blue fuzzy earmuffs (truly, a sight to behold...).

Utah Bob
10-15-2011, 21:12
At least the new regs didn't ban guys from carrying umbrellas while in uniform or wearing blue fuzzy earmuffs (truly, a sight to behold...).

Umbrellas. Har!:rolleyes:

Eagle5US
10-16-2011, 05:52
I'll need some alone time please :cool:

Eagle5US
10-16-2011, 06:03
There is THIS little tidbit :D

Tree Potato
10-16-2011, 20:03

One man's umbrella is another's parasol. Wouldn't want the sun to bleach out the awesome from the Air Force tribute to Mr Rogers' cardigan.