PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Injury

Solid
09-15-2004, 17:38
Hello everyone,
One of the seniors in my battalion took a hard fall with his elbow onto a pavement about a week and a half ago. The elbow was inflamed for several days, but then the inflammation ceased and he was left with cuts and scrapes and a full range of motion. The elbow doesn't hurt at all unless it touches something, upon which it hurts very seriously. There is no visible bruising.

I was wondering if someone could help with a Dx and Tx?

Thank you very much for your time,

Solid

Roguish Lawyer
09-15-2004, 17:58
I don't think there should be a response until you restore Eddie Griffin! LOL

Eagle5US
09-15-2004, 19:25
Hello everyone,
One of the seniors in my battalion took a hard fall with his elbow onto a pavement about a week and a half ago. The elbow was inflamed for several days, but then the inflammation ceased and he was left with cuts and scrapes and a full range of motion. The elbow doesn't hurt at all unless it touches something, upon which it hurts very seriously. There is no visible bruising.

I was wondering if someone could help with a Dx and Tx?

Thank you very much for your time,

Solid
Solid...
He should have taken some pics with the funny radiation machine. If not, take some now.
Couple of options...
1. Traumatic Bursitis: The direct impact acutely inflammed the "bursa" or padding on the elbow...this is quite common, painful, and fits your description...
2. Radial Head Fracture...not certain at the angle which he impacted from your story...but on the film there would be a shadow or "fat pad" seen on the film indicating a hidden Fx-may be too late for this now
3. Chip Fx quite uncomfy-can cause problems later
4. Trabecular flattening-"bone bruise"
there are other possibilities...have him get pictures.

good luck...

Eagle

Solid
09-15-2004, 21:02
Thank you Eagle! I'll get on those special photographs.

Solid