PDA

View Full Version : When and what made you decide to pursue SF?

KevinJames
10-05-2011, 12:54
I have searched, the closest thread I was able to find was the meyers briggs thread. What I'm getting at is when did you know SF was what you wanted with your life and was there a determining factor? I have to believe in order to make it through the trials of Selection and Q, there must have been one heck a motivating force...

1stindoor
10-05-2011, 13:05
Forgoing my normal smart ass answer...or questioning why your second post in less than a month is being used to start a new thread....I chose Special Forces because it is the only thing I wanted to do with my life in uniform.

1stindoor
10-05-2011, 13:12
Just in case you had extra time on your hands while waiting for all the other QPs to run to this thread...

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32654

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16304

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27259

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3743

Dusty
10-05-2011, 13:15
I have searched, the closest thread I was able to find was the meyers briggs thread. What I'm getting at is when did you know SF was what you wanted with your life and was there a determining factor? I have to believe in order to make it through the trials of Selection and Q, there must have been one heck a motivating force...

Tolstoy.

KevinJames
10-05-2011, 15:40
istindoor, thank you for your help. I had found and read all of those except the last "why go SF" thread. My question is very similar and already I am finding good info. However, I believe my question is still relevant and since the last response on the other thread is 2 yrs old, perhaps we can update this discussion using this newer thread (give a chance for any new members, newer QP's to voice their thoughts on the subject)

Thanks again
Kevin

x SF med
10-05-2011, 16:05
istindoor, thank you for your help. I had found and read all of those except the last "why go SF" thread. My question is very similar and already I am finding good info. However, I believe my question is still relevant and since the last response on the other thread is 2 yrs old, perhaps we can update this discussion using this newer thread (give a chance for any new members, newer QP's to voice their thoughts on the subject)

Thanks again
Kevin

Kevin-
Until you have been selected and have graduated from the SFQC, or have been accepted for other merits, you are naught but an uninvited but tolerated guest here- drop the "we" and don't tell QPs what you want. This advice will lengthen your life here and make that time much more enjoyable with less verbal pain. You may choose to accept or discount it as you will, the choice is yours.

To answer your query - I was told by an SF SGM and an SF MSG that I would be an SF NCO... they were right.

kgoerz
10-05-2011, 16:46
They said they would drop the Rape charges.

longrange1947
10-05-2011, 17:11
My OCS class date was cancelled for Nov 67. Then in Aug of 67 some guy in a funny green hat told me I wasn't good enough for his unit, but I had a chance to prove him wrong. By the time my new OCS class date of May 68 was approved, I had already been through part of my training and loved what I was doing.

The rest is "my" history.

I had been around the military all my life (Air Force) and my father told me later that he knew that I would wind up in SF, and my mother confirmed that statement in 71 after I returned to Okinawa.

As they say, fate is what you will do, regardless. :munchin

The Reaper
10-05-2011, 18:27

Thanks again
Kevin

Kevin:

I doubt the answers have changed in the past two years.

Do not start new threads when the topic has been covered before.

Members who wanted to respond could have on the other thread had you found it and asked there. Your laziness is no excuse.

TR